Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Illegal Plates

Rob's Lexx

Well, got pulled earlier because my plates were not legal. :tsktsk: :crybaby:

anyways, i have the fixed penalty of £30 so will sort that in the morning, but the chap said that the DVLA could revoke my registration mark and revert it back to the original......

now, how likely is this to happen, or is it more for a repeat offence kinda situation.

and before anyone says it, yea i know i'm a naughty boy :blush:

If you repeat offend they will give you a producer where you have to pay to take it to an MOT test station with legal plates, then they can fine you £1000 and take the plate away. It's not worth taking the chance anymore ( in my opinion ).

You have to be reported on more than one occasion.

So, if you get stopped and reported for it again (assumng this was your first offence) that's enough for DVLA to revoke your number plate.

If it's a cherished plate, you will get the old plate back.

If it's the normal plate anyway, you will get a Q registered plate ;-)

its a personalised number plate and this is the 1st time i've been pulled for it.

the guy took a pic of the plate and said that documentation and the photo evidence would go to dvla and they would be in touch?!

so i take it as loing as i sort them how they should be then i won't have any hassle from DVLA or the police for that matter??

Your only allowed your countries flag or the euro stars on the side of the plate,

at the bottom your technically ment to have the name of the plate maker.

Stav

Correct.

A postcode and contact number will suffice.

yea,just think they fancied pulling me as the streets were pretty quiet.

i understand the fact that there are rules etc, but the officer obviously knew what the plate read, so don't understand why spacing is really that much of an issue (as long as its legible).

as for what can be written at the bottom of the plate, well that just seems ridiculous. why on this earth are you not allowed to have your name, football cluyb etc etc in tiny writing. what difference does that make to the actual registration mark of the car??!!

and the same goes for the logo motif, why a lexus logo isn't permitted, say, is similarly bizarre.

it just seems so petty in reality.

i also read that all number plates must be secured with bolts/screws and adhesives are not permitted......now thats an interesting one if correct.

Well, you must have been behaving yourself & the rest of your car must have been OK if all they could pick fault with was your plate, Rob. Hope it’s all sorted soon.

but it was looking imacculate as i'd washed it the day before.

Apart from my dirty hand print on the rear bumper from saturday :lol::whistling:

cleaned that after u left :whistling::lol::lol:

Well, if you’re so good at washing white cars, Rob, you can come and do mine. 120 motorway miles over the weekend has left it a bit filthy!

if the price is right Ian.....couple of hundred should be enough :lol: :winky: