Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Uk's 1st Supercharged Is300

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dreaded code I had was P1346 which I have posted in a different thread

What was the fault code? as its not on the list i've got.

Stav

as supplied from Kam05 on the othe thread

P1346- VVT sensor camshaft position sensor circuit range/performance (bank 1).

and from you on the other thread :whistling:

LEXUS Variable Valve Timing/CMP Sensor Range/Performance

LEXUS VVT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem (Bank 1)

Yep i agree with the other two.

Stav

Great news matey, glad you got it sorted, and nice chunk of power you've got now.

what boost you running?

Stav

Thanks Stav!! The boost is in the region of 7-8PSI, but I have some HKS gauges that I will be fitting soon so I can monitor this.

317 at the fly is that.

Yes that is 317.7 at the fly, with room for more..... :winky:

Congratulations mate! :D

With all this extra power, have you uprated the auto box or can it handle it? :question:

Thanks Anees! With the power the car is achieving presently the gearbox should cope fine. The transmission fluid is due for replacement and if there are enough pennies in the bank I will be investing in an oil cooler for the A/T fluid.

The dreaded code I had was P1346 which I have posted in a different thread

What was the fault code? as its not on the list i've got.

Stav

as supplied from Kam05 on the othe thread

P1346- VVT sensor camshaft position sensor circuit range/performance (bank 1).

and from you on the other thread :whistling:

LEXUS Variable Valve Timing/CMP Sensor Range/Performance

LEXUS VVT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem (Bank 1)

Yep i agree with the other two.

Stav

Ah i remember now, its not on that list me and bazza posted a while back.

Stav

Because a lot of you love pics I have attached the before and after dyno results to substantiate my power statement. There will be a fair few members who will appreciate the pics, :hehe: BUT there will be some members who will scrutinise, so fire away! :P

BEFORE

IS300_HP_BEFORE.pdf

AFTER

IS300_HP_AFTER.pdf

The same dyno was used for the above results.

Wicked result, good for you to get Dyno proof & post it up matey.

I was under the impression you couldn't dyno an automatic, I may give mine a go, how much was the dyno run/where etc ?

Hi Wozza! I got it dynoed at a place called Red Dot and it is based in Watford. The standard dyno produced a result very close to the stock stated HP taking into account she has over 100000 miles on her. Give it a go! :winky:

Because a lot of you love pics I have attached the before and after dyno results to substantiate my power statement. There will be a fair few members who will appreciate the pics, :hehe: BUT there will be some members who will scrutinise, so fire away! :P

BEFORE

IS300_HP_BEFORE.pdf

AFTER

IS300_HP_AFTER.pdf

Good man, proof BEFORE AND after. certainly stops all the crap that flies around when people make power statements.

I was under the impression you couldn't dyno an automatic, I may give mine a go, how much was the dyno run/where etc ?

said before wozza, you most certianly can dyno an auto, is only TDi who seems to think otherwise even though they happily dynod my auto.

BEFORE

IS300_HP_BEFORE.pdf

AFTER

IS300_HP_AFTER.pdf

Good man, proof BEFORE AND after. certainly stops all the crap that flies around when people make power statements.

said before wozza, you most certianly can dyno an auto, is only TDi who seems to think otherwise even though they happily dynod my auto.

don't faint................

I agree with TDI

unless you can lock the auto into a given gear you cant get a true figure as it tries to kick down............auto supras (pre 1998) are OK as you lock it into a gear

my aristo just keeps kicking down so no TRUE dyno I believe the IS300 has a simialir non lock box

Even though I have never met you in person, are you feeling alright?!! :P

There were two power runs carried out with a couple of hp difference between them. The manufacturer claim the kit will push to in the region of 305HP and they have both A/T and M/T in the states.... I have had the CAT removed too, so the power achieved adds up. :whistling:

I have some info regarding the auto-box that I researched, will try find it. The main thing is that it has been achieved here in the UK, the car is complete, is back on the road and it gives fellow IS300 owners an insight of what could be achieved if they consider the supercharger kit themselves. :D

There were two power runs carried out with a couple of hp difference between them. The manufacturer claim the kit will push to in the region of 305HP and they have both A/T and M/T in the states.... I have had the CAT removed too, so the power achieved adds up. :whistling:

I have some info regarding the auto-box that I researched, will try find it. The main thing is that it has been achieved here in the UK, the car is complete, is back on the road and it gives fellow IS300 owners an insight of what could be achieved if they consider the supercharger kit themselves. :D

I'm fine thank you.

Fact is the IS300 auto gearbox is not capable of an accurate dyno as it can't be held in a particular gear to enable accurate readings to be taken.

Manual is300 no problem...........pre 98 Soop no prob auto IS300 no way

IS300 auto will not work end of.............

I'll also say that driven with any sort of ooooopmhh your car will go pop soon as you need more fuel and uprated rods/pistons as the 2jz-fe is like the 1jz-ge in rod/piston configuration.

GTE with toyota means uprated rods (H shaped and proper low compression ratio pistons) FE means fuel economy so hign compression for fuel economy......adding boost will fook this up.............

I did tell you this when you were deciding wether to go for turbo or s/c a while ago.

Can you publish the AFR ratios you are running ?

For what its worth the installation on your car could well have been done by Steptoe & Son. The air filter location is a joke as is the ecu location...but hey ho you pays your money & you take your choice.

I hope you enjoy many miles of trouble free motoring but will say to any IS300 owners looking to follow you to undertake vigorous due diligence before parting with any money

BEFORE

IS300_HP_BEFORE.pdf

AFTER

IS300_HP_AFTER.pdf

don't faint................

I agree with TDI

unless you can lock the auto into a given gear you cant get a true figure as it tries to kick down............auto supras (pre 1998) are OK as you lock it into a gear

my aristo just keeps kicking down so no TRUE dyno I believe the IS300 has a simialir non lock box

now i am sure i read this earlier in this thread :whistling:

The car is now fully mapped but Millway were unsuccessful in obtaining a reliable power ouptut as the car was slipping on the rolling road and was trying to engage back into third gear

I'm fine thank you.

Fact is the IS300 auto gearbox is not capable of an accurate dyno as it can't be held in a particular gear to enable accurate readings to be taken.

Manual is300 no problem...........pre 98 Soop no prob auto IS300 no way

IS300 auto will not work end of............. ok, whatever you say

I'll also say that driven with any sort of ooooopmhh your car will go pop soon as you need more fuel and uprated rods/pistons as the 2jz-fe is like the 1jz-ge in rod/piston configuration. It is running 7-8 psi which is safe and even you have stated that in this club.

GTE with toyota means uprated rods (H shaped and proper low compression ratio pistons) FE means fuel economy so hign compression for fuel economy......adding boost will fook this up.............

I did tell you this when you were deciding wether to go for turbo or s/c a while ago. I was still waiting on the proposed supercharger info you were going to obtain from Lysolm and the completed IS200 utilising a Lysholm charger, it was all talk and no results.

Can you publish the AFR ratios you are running ? The car has been tuned by a very affluent tuner from the Toyota industry.

For what its worth the installation on your car could well have been done by Steptoe & Son. The air filter location is a joke as is the ecu location...but hey ho you pays your money & you take your choice.

The location of the air filter and ecu location has nothing to do with the fitter as its supplied from Vortech like that and there is always room for improvement. Have you ever completed a turboed or supercharged IS300 that was put back on the road 100% complete? NO

I hope you enjoy many miles of trouble free motoring but will say to any IS300 owners looking to follow you to undertake vigorous due diligence before parting with any money I am sure i will.

Why can you not congratulate/support members? Is it because your S/C IS300 went tits up you have to try and put down what I have achieved. You do not know everything and there are sources that know alot more than you with particular reference to the IS300.

I am sure we will meet one day.

now i am sure i read this earlier in this thread :whistling:

The car is now fully mapped but Millway were unsuccessful in obtaining a reliable power ouptut as the car was slipping on the rolling road and was trying to engage back into third gear

Thats why the car was taken back to the original place it was dynoed and they did not experience this problem. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links