Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's Dying!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dragging up an old one a bit....but im still having the problems.....

Got the code reader thing sorted a while ago.

Error code was as expected - Inlet Manifold Pressure Too High (or something along those lines) and i am still experiencing the problem occasionally - hitting the fuel cut!

It must be a dodgy second hand FCD, that's all i can think of anyway! Damb you eBay! Gonna have to pull the credit card out and go for a new FCD i think! (I know its only £100, but it's £100 i dont have!)

Will just have to hope this solves it, cos ive just been driving sensibly for months!

• 1 month later...
Had my supercharged IS for a couple of months now, and its amazing. Whilst driving today the engine light came on, and the TRC OFF light started flashing. About a minute later it just lost all power and stalled as i pulled to the side of the road. When i tried to start it, it was idle just under 1000rpm (slightly lower than usual) then either stall on its own, or as soon as i touched the throttle!

Left it fror an hour (went for a pint and a carvery at a very convieniently placed pub!) then started fine and seemed to run ok... for about a mile, then the lights came on again and got most of the way home before... you guessedit, died again, same symptoms. By this time i was two miles from home, and after leaving it for about 20 mins, it would start again.

It seems to be better once it's cooled down. My mechanical knowledge is limited and i haven't a clue what the problem may be. I'm reluctant to take it to my local dealer (i'm not made of money!) but dont want to risk damaging my much loved Lexi.

Anytbody more knowledgeable than I have any ideas?

hows it goin there did ya check all of your coils there are six of them one or two could be gone then check which 1 is gone and replace them then disconnect the Battery for a few mins should fix it happened me