Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'high Level' Brake Light Not Working!

right here goes

driving to work on a cold but crisp winter morning on my daily commute i pulled out and over took some french car and half way through the manuver my 'hand brake' light can on! i tested the brakes and all seemed ok. so i carried on to work.

got to work check the brake lights and both were ok (i know now there are three!!), the fluid and had a good look at the calipers. the fluid was full of crap so i took the resy off when i got home cleaned it out and bleed the system so the float could move properly. check the brakes and light still on! balls!

logged on to forum

balls another brake light!

right ive waffled for far far too long, what the hell is wrong with my high level brake light and how do i fix it??

eerrr!!

any help would be much appreciated :crybaby:

right here goes

driving to work on a cold but crisp winter morning on my daily commute i pulled out and over took some french car and half way through the manuver my 'hand brake' light can on! i tested the brakes and all seemed ok. so i carried on to work.

got to work check the brake lights and both were ok (i know now there are three!!), the fluid and had a good look at the calipers. the fluid was full of crap so i took the resy off when i got home cleaned it out and bleed the system so the float could move properly. check the brakes and light still on! balls!

logged on to forum

balls another brake light!

right ive waffled for far far too long, what the hell is wrong with my high level brake light and how do i fix it??

eerrr!!

any help would be much appreciated :crybaby:

if its the one on the parcel shelf i think the seats need to be taken out only noticed mine was out when i changed my back speakers so i changed it before putting it all back together

If you have the owners manual its on page 256 on how to remove the rear high mounted brake light? It looks like it pops up, by sliding 2 flat bladed screwdrivers under the base of the housing and lifting it upwards? Looks like a 501w bulb in the book :)

its slightly bigger than a 501 bulb