Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring A Parrot 3400 Ls-gps Into An Is200 Sport 13906 Head Unit

I can't see any reason why you can't take the neg mute output from your parrot straight to the headunit. By forcing this into mute, the amp won't be getting anything at all while you are on a call.

Mute at the HU should be blue/orange cable, but as your other was different, it is pin 4. Test with an earth first - there's nothing you will kill if its only for a couple of seconds. Think it floats around 4v-6v if your testing with a meter.

This is one really interesting cable you've got there matey.

geoffers ur right it is so easy to do it through the HU its unbelievable my HU on my is200se is a 13906 so i definatel no its possible on that

all you do is use a crimp plug strip the mute lead from parrit kit (mine is blue) attach a small crimp terminal (male) and plug it into the second pin on the top row (from the left, if looking from the back) and thats all you have to do

i think the autoleads cable mutes through the amp therfore forcing the rears to stop

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to completing the install today. All working nicely.

Geoffers was 99% right about the wire colouring. Seems that the silver stripes were throwing me off, but on closer examination the colours do match up with what he says should be correct.

Audio mute works a treat and the rear speakers are now silent when making a call. It was just a case of hooking up the yellow mute cable from the Parrot to pin 4 of the CD changer input on the back of the 13906 head unit. Thanks again to reeves for pointing me in the right direction.

I've also installed the external GPS antenna and tidied up that bit of cable so its now all going through the button mounting.

Here's some pics;

This is the head unit's input connector. I've marked which pins are ground/power/ignition in case anyone needs clear info in the future.

Parrot-Install-09.jpg

Here's the connector from another angle. You can clearly see that the brown ground wire has a silver stripe along the cable. I've hooked the power wires into the connector's wires by way of those blue blade connectors. The +12v Battery connector is also a blue/yellow striped wire with a silver band along it.

Parrot-Install-10.jpg

And here's the other side of the connector with an even clearer view of the brown/silver ground wire. The grey +12v ignition wire is also visable, and has a silver band around it.

Parrot-Install-11.jpg

Here's the organised mess that's hidden behind the head unit. The Parrot mute box is just temporarily taped up the top out of the way.

Parrot-Install-12.jpg

Once the head unit is fitted back in place, the Parrot mute box sits nicely on top of the head unit. It's wedged in there quite nicely, so there was no need to attach or fix it to the dash in any way - it doesn't rattle.

Parrot-Install-13.jpg

Here's the tidier install of the Parrot display. The unit's cable and the GPS antenna wire are now fed back behind the unit into the switch blanking plate.

Parrot-Install-14.jpg

I've mounted the GPS antenna at the top right hand corner of the windscreen, using the pillar facia to hide the cable.

Parrot-Install-15.jpg

Job done. Much nicer without that cable going around the side as in my previous install.

Parrot-Install-16.jpg

Time will tell if the GPS antenna is actually any good. Doing lots of miles next week, so I'll find out in due course!

Thanks again for all your help guys. Next project is to install parking sensors, and maybe one of those Grom Audio boxes!

i wouldnt go the grom way with ur 13906 unit mate i got one and it doesnt work properly it cuts out and has a problem with auto lights whereby if light come on auto the unit isnt recognized properly

but cutting out is the main issue plus received a updated chip from grom which didnt do jack and now stopped all correspondance wilth me i have had to escalate i disupte trough paypal

so just be warned afyer sale service is useless i have found something similar from a uk company which is around £75 a little more than grom but looks the biz with the added advantage of having a jack connection as well as ipod dock

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/

spoke to them today over phone and it is compatible with lexus and also all new ipods has the added advantage of the aux jack as standard as well

have ordered one as Grom informed me today there is nothing they can do as they dont know of the fault (my symptoms) anyway and to send item back for a full refund

i should receive my xcar link tomorrow and all being well i will have it installed tomorrow and will report how good/bad it is

Thanks for the advice bud.

Got a link to the Grom alternative?

Geoffers was 99% right about the wire colouring. Seems that the silver stripes were throwing me off, but on closer examination the colours do match up with what he says should be correct.

Sorry mate - I should have mentioned that you don't take into account the silver stripes/bands. These are for tolerances, internal selection, variable voltage or fixed, etc. Just use base and trace colours as the silver can vary between harnesses too.

Great stuff that its all working though! Bet you're chuffed.

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/

spoke to them today over phone and it is compatible with lexus and also all new ipods has the added advantage of the aux jack as standard as well

have ordered one as Grom informed me today there is nothing they can do as they dont know of the fault (my symptoms) anyway and to send item back for a full refund

i should receive my xcar link tomorrow and all being well i will have it installed tomorrow and will report how good/bad it is

Glad there's finally a solution mate.

Does the gromaudio thing not work with any 13906 headunit? I thought it was just a few that had problems.........

I think I have a 13903 - does anyone know what the actual difference between these headunits is? I thought it might be one for cars with satnav, and one for cars without, but there seem to be more units than that!

Glad you have it all working now, and looks a great install :)

Does the gromaudio thing not work with any 13906 headunit? I thought it was just a few that had problems.........

I think I have a 13903 - does anyone know what the actual difference between these headunits is? I thought it might be one for cars with satnav, and one for cars without, but there seem to be more units than that!

Glad you have it all working now, and looks a great install :)

well i no for a fact 2 ppl on here have the 13906 unit and cannot get the grom to work

Grom dont no what the problem is as they said they have no issues but i do have serious issues with mine

a couple other cant even get the hu to recognize the grom

just hope the xcar link works

hopefully it should be with me today and installed so ill let everybody no whats what when it arrives

well i no for a fact 2 ppl on here have the 13906 unit and cannot get the grom to work

Grom dont no what the problem is as they said they have no issues but i do have serious issues with mine

hopefully it should be with me today and installed so ill let everybody no whats what when it arrives

Yep sounds like you've had a right pain with the unit, to be honest if I'd read your post first I'd probably not have bought the unit but thankfully mine works fine :)

Good luck with the other one, hopefully it works fine.

Yep sounds like you've had a right pain with the unit, to be honest if I'd read your post first I'd probably not have bought the unit but thankfully mine works fine :)

Good luck with the other one, hopefully it works fine.

problems with this one 2 im afraid wont turn to external source unit works fine and plays (tried a little cheeky method) so unit fine just dont know how to force unit to turn to external source any ideas any1