Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gps Display Console - With A Portable Sat Nav?

P.Lindblom

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

ok so ive wired this up and I have taken the power for the lights on the buttons from the green wire on heater controls. It comes on and off with the lights but the led's are really really dim. can anyone advise?? I have tried both places recommended previuosly on here, above the earth wire and next to the red power wire. Anybody got these going well and where did you plug them in?? Cheers!

Vic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a IS200 2002 with factory sat nav,I am just about to fit the sony NV-U93T in the original housing, can i connect the audio through the 3.5mm jack from the sony? so it plays through the car speakers as the original one does. If so how would i know what wires are for the audio coming from the wiring loom. I have searched for diagrams but cant find anything :-(

Any help would be good

Thanks

Gaz

• 4 months later...

I properly want to do this, but my car didn't come with Nav as standard :( So I'm keeping an eye out for, preferably, a later 7" model, and what I'd really like to do to it is rip out the screen, then fit the largest, widescreen TomTom satnav I can (which I think is the 6" Start model?) with a fascia plate to fill in the gaps around it. If possible, I'd like to lose the stock TomTom casing, so the screen is flush with the fascia, giving it the stock look.

What I'd need to work out though - and other than not having the parts, this is a major issue as I am RUBBISH at electronics! - is the TomTom's all have their on/off switch on the back of the unit, which needs to be pressed and held. The mini USB socket for charging is on the bottom of the unit. So what I'd need to do is rewire it (much like this one was done here - http://www.**********club.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10754 (although that's not a TomTom obviously) so that it powers on and off when the open/close button is pressed, and has a 12v source tapped into the ignition live (so that it receives power for charging/running only when the ignition is on - like the stereo) I'd be quite happy to pull the Battery off it completely, and just have it run on live power, but no idea if that's possible, or wise. But basically, I'd just want to to turn on when I open the Nav housing, and turn off when I close it, and only have a power feed when the ignition is on. Sounds simple huh? Not for me it isn't! Might as well be trying to teach me greek!!!

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

So am planning to install an aftermarket satnav on mine (i have a non-satnav 2002 lexus) but i couldnt see most picutres on this post, presumably becaue they are quite old?

I do have someone whos breaking a lexus and has the complete original sat nav in it but by reading most of this seems like it'll be really hard to install that?

does anyone have a step by step on how to do it? i think i'm gna go for the sony one! and i  still need to buy the housnig from somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Just doing this mod!!!!

HELP

The wires looking at the plug at the back of the Console are:-

Top Right -- Lilac/silver

Bottom right -- Grey/silver

Bottom left -- Brown/silver

Anyone know if I should be okay just by using the positions?

Thanks