Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coming Soon.. The Greatest Mk1 Gs300 Sport..!

• 2 months later...

nice car , looks a bit like my old one . just needs some clear side repeaters and the orange removed from the front indicators to give it that clean look . really miss mine and need to get back into a lexus . bought a landcruiser colorado and regret it deeply .

alright mate, we have one of these aswell, and we are doing a similar thing to you. we want it as close 2 factory spec as possible. so far i have brakes front and back. gas rear boot struts. and the inside and out have been valeted. i will try and get a pic up if i can, anyway ures looks lovely mate, really clean example. beautifull cars. how are the tyres?

Anuj

• 2 weeks later...

That looks really nice, not too keen on the TTE wheel centre caps, but otherwise it looks great! The mk1 GS in sport guise is really starting to grow on me, makes me wonder even more why they decided to design the mk2 GS in house.........

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=553576

Tidy. :)

I'll second clear side repeaters, this was the first thing I did to mine and it looks so much better. Here are some details (posts 21 and 22 in particular):

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=14955

As for tyres, the last two sets I've had are Falken, FK-451, which I had for about three years, and this year I fitted the FK-452.

I'll really miss my Series I GS 300 Sport :( , she has been a great car for over four years, but I'm sure the Series II GS 430 Sport will make me feel better in time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

..Thanks again for your comments guys, I still look at it when walking back to it in a car park and think its a :tsktsk: handsome motor!

I have to agree about the TTE centre caps, I do prefer the originals but at the time the budget was running low and Florian at Toyota Motorsport GmbH wanted about £180 for them, I got the TTE ones for about £70 but think i'll go for the Lexus ones when I have some spare notes. Also want to get the side repeaters which I can get from anywhere but just not got round to it.

Also looked at the HID headlamps which I know have been discussed in a few forums so they're another thing on the list.

I suppose the only other thing that has been floating around in my head is getting some more power out of it and this is where my knowledge ends. Has anyone had any expierience in Turboing or Supercharging one of these, I know its a supra engine so should be pretty straight forward (for the professionals), is it worth looking at a complete engine swap or just working on whats in it (mileage is about 72k). Anyone recommend someone to talk to?

oh, and as far as tyres go that someone mentioned, the Dunlop SP9000 seem pretty damn good.. nice tread, hardly seen any wear in them and the grip is pretty tremendous in the wet and dry and I certainly dont hang around :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links