Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paypal Latest Stunt

Dave-Ellen

I posted a while ago how paypal take the wee wee with reagrd to charges and chargebacks............

This one takes the biscuit

ebayer buys product

I send it

he fits it

he posted positive feedback

i post same

i get email saying problem with purchase to hold being but on my account (in effect the amount customer spent withdrawn from my balance)

email says I have to prove item sent blah blah

I email customer (bought loads of stuff from me)

what happened was his DD to paypal bounced (he doesnt know why and is in contact with bank paypal etc)

so paypal penalise ME for something that was out of my control and a matter between them and the customer

i'm thinking of trying to sue paypal over this as I'm sure they can't penalise me in this way

i know how you feel, ive pretty much had my fill with them.

after i bought something through paypal,

paypal then immediately tells me there is something dodgy, so i placed a dispute straight away, 4 weeks later they say they vcant refund any money as the seller took it all from his account.

so i asked them, considering YOU told me there is something fishy with the seller, within 12 hours, how come you let him withdraw all the funds.......

there currently trying to recover the money.....idiots

Be carefull..very carefull...im not saying YOU have but i know from a computer geeg friend that there are a few dodgy PAYPAL things going on...i.e viruses on the site etc...apparantly that the Russian mafia are involved and they hide viruses on the sites like E`BAY -PAYPAL...

Its probly genuine but just be carefull.!

i expect what happened is that he made payment which comes out of his DD... even though it seems you had the dough they never received it as the DD fails after the transaction. This puts your customer overdrawn with PP... so they then look at you to cover it.. sucks.

This is why many traders stop using it.

Have you ever thought of getting a merchant account with your bank? then set up with www.protx.com?

Cheaper CC charges and you press OK to accept the payment. Like a virtual terminal.

You can then tune your eBay in to accept CC payments through protx only.

i expect what happened is that he made payment which comes out of his DD... even though it seems you had the dough they never received it as the DD fails after the transaction. This puts your customer overdrawn with PP... so they then look at you to cover it.. sucks.

This is why many traders stop using it.

Have you ever thought of getting a merchant account with your bank? then set up with www.protx.com?

Cheaper CC charges and you press OK to accept the payment. Like a virtual terminal.

You can then tune your ebay in to accept CC payments through protx only.

will have a look

i know how you feel, ive pretty much had my fill with them.

after i bought something through paypal,

paypal then immediately tells me there is something dodgy, so i placed a dispute straight away, 4 weeks later they say they vcant refund any money as the seller took it all from his account.

so i asked them, considering YOU told me there is something fishy with the seller, within 12 hours, how come you let him withdraw all the funds.......

there currently trying to recover the money.....idiots

i got ripped off once and after going thru the proces of trying to get my money back i found out u only get ur money back if the seller/purchaser has money in thier paypal account.

all the claims of £500 buyer protection are worthless

i hate paypal. somehow a person in usa got into my account and transfered everything out. my paypal account was linked via DD to my bank account. paypal didnt call me to alert me of anything wrong, it just happened that i tried to buy somthing on eBay when it said i had no money. they were no help at all "we suspected somthing hence why we are investigating" as if me calling from uk wasnt enough proof i wasnt in america.

thankfully i called my bank and they pulled the money back. paypal said they were out of pocket and would write it off. this didnt stop them from leaving me a negative balance!!!

Thats ridiuclous ... I hate it when big companies take the p.iss ... and pretend you can't do anything about it!

Aren't payal no even based in he UK though ..... so they wouldn't have to adhear to the financial institutions here?

im not sure how answerable they would be as im no accountant. just know such a thing does exist!

HSBC is a company, but it's also a bank......... by acting as a middle man and holding the money weather it be for a second or 3 days (like it does when you use eCheque on it) then it's a broker, and as such would be answerable.

beat me with the number Rolex :angry::lol:

Thats ridiuclous ... I hate it when big companies take the p.iss ... and pretend you can't do anything about it!

Aren't payal no even based in he UK though ..... so they wouldn't have to adhear to the financial institutions here?

think its luxembourg

think its luxembourg

Yes luxembourg..

They orginally did have an office in the UK, But had to adibe by the finincial terms.

However.. some loop hole in the system lets them getaway with it.

what they sent me...........

no mention of the true cause of them tajking the money from my account.............lying people without a father

> Dear Prolex-UK LTD,

>

>

> We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the

> buyer's bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the

> bank account holder.

>

> We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until our inquiry is

> complete.

>

> We are contacting you to learn more about this transaction.

>

> To help in our investigation, please reply with the following information

> within seven calendar days:

> 1. Details about the item you purchased (including value)

> 2. The buyer's name and address

> 3. Whether or not the item has been sent. (If you have not yet sent the

> item, please do not send it.)

> 4. A phone number where you can be reached for more information

> 5. Any email correspondence you have had with the buyer

>

> If you have already sent the item, please also provide:

> 1. Name of the delivery service used

> 2. Date of posting

> 3. Tracking number

>

> For transactions of $250.00 USD or more, please let us know whether you

> would be able to provide a proof-of-receipt in the form of a signature

from

> the buyer.

>

> Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

>

> Thank you for using PayPal!

> The PayPal Team

>

Guest inicol63
what they sent me...........

no mention of the true cause of them tajking the money from my account.............lying people without a father

> Dear Prolex-UK LTD,

>

>

> We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the

> buyer's bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the

> bank account holder.

>

> We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until our inquiry is

> complete.

>

> We are contacting you to learn more about this transaction.

>

> To help in our investigation, please reply with the following information

> within seven calendar days:

> 1. Details about the item you purchased (including value)

> 2. The buyer's name and address

> 3. Whether or not the item has been sent. (If you have not yet sent the

> item, please do not send it.)

> 4. A phone number where you can be reached for more information

> 5. Any email correspondence you have had with the buyer

>

> If you have already sent the item, please also provide:

> 1. Name of the delivery service used

> 2. Date of posting

> 3. Tracking number

>

> For transactions of $250.00 USD or more, please let us know whether you

> would be able to provide a proof-of-receipt in the form of a signature

from

> the buyer.

>

> Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

>

> Thank you for using PayPal!

> The PayPal Team

>

As there seems to be a few of you that are having problems with ebay/paypal i would contact WatchDog all on the same agreed day.

Then put into force that they can take cash without the backing of the finance rules.

As we are buyers and sellers surley if making charges for transaction through our banks accounts they need to abied by the UK banking codes.

See what Watch Dog can then do for you.

P.s also i think it would be worth poping into your local C.A.B office for there views.

Anyway that my worth just left to wish you guys good luck.

Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links