Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grom Update Recieved And Still Doesnt Work

getting very pi**ed off now with this same problem keepes cutting out after ten mins or so

the update irradicated the problem of not being able to control the ipod through hu when lights came on auto at car startup

i have a 13906 hu any1 had any probs with the adaptor and this specific unit?

and tips help appriciated

tried just about everything bar smashing the f*****g thing

Sorry to hear that :angry:

But maybe another solution is comming for you over the horizont. A member of the euro LOC board found an alternative solution somewhere in the net that enables the stock headundit to handle iPod AND USB devices.

It has an build in mp3 player and let you use the OEM stereo buttons to navigate through the file structure on you usb stick.

If you are interested - it could give you an alternative to Grom - you can find more information at the manufacture webside (chinese/english)

http://www.chelebao.com/

Or at their eBay store

MP3 player for TOYOTA-Lexus,Camry,Rezi,Corolla,Avensis

The price of the adapter is fair but the shipping cost to Germany a beyond of everything :angry:

Anyway.

You know that I'm loving my grom interface, but I hate these bloody playlist crap of the iPod. For that reason I've ordered this thing this morning. I'll keep you in the loop if it could be an alternative, or for some the only wax to bring high quality mp3 sound in the lex!

Cheers

Sonnet

thing is though this thing cost me over £50 quid and it aint workin so i paying for something that basically is useless

and also i mention the update they sent sorted the problem with in not working properly with the lights on auto didnt work lights must have come on after car was started

i just wished some1 knew what to do t make it work

Sorry to hear that :angry:

But maybe another solution is comming for you over the horizont. A member of the euro LOC board found an alternative solution somewhere in the net that enables the stock headundit to handle iPod AND USB devices.

It has an build in mp3 player and let you use the OEM stereo buttons to navigate through the file structure on you usb stick.

If you are interested - it could give you an alternative to Grom - you can find more information at the manufacture webside (chinese/english)

http://www.chelebao.com/

Or at their ebay store

MP3 player for TOYOTA-Lexus,Camry,Rezi,Corolla,Avensis

The price of the adapter is fair but the shipping cost to Germany a beyond of everything :angry:

Anyway.

You know that I'm loving my grom interface, but I hate these bloody playlist crap of the iPod. For that reason I've ordered this thing this morning. I'll keep you in the loop if it could be an alternative, or for some the only wax to bring high quality mp3 sound in the lex!

Cheers

Sonnet

I know that is absolut sh***y for you.

But we don't have to forget that tis Grom product is at least a quarter year on the market. And it is working for 90 % of the LEX IS driver. From that point I can say "RESPECT" BEFORE the release the only way to bring mp3 in the car was an FM transmitter or a tape adapter. Other products, like the VAIS TECH MP3 interface needed more than the double time on the market and cost about 250 Dollar.

Why we should not give Grom some time to fix their bugs and help them with specific error describtions over thei support channel to do that faster than in the past. OK we are beta tester......but the product is cheap (in comparisson to others) and it's working for most of the people

Cheers

Sonnet

i no a lot of things are still to be found out about the ipod adaptors and oem hu

but it should be stated before purchase that its still in those stages that way a lot more ppl would be understanding if they have a problem

right now though i am gettin peeved off because they havent returned any of my emails since they said they sending update

you would think they would have the tech dept on it 24/7 trying to help

so at the moment i am stuck with a rather expensive (if you include shipping) doorstop!

I know that is absolut sh***y for you.

But we don't have to forget that tis Grom product is at least a quarter year on the market. And it is working for 90 % of the LEX IS driver. From that point I can say "RESPECT" BEFORE the release the only way to bring mp3 in the car was an FM transmitter or a tape adapter. Other products, like the VAIS TECH MP3 interface needed more than the double time on the market and cost about 250 Dollar.

Why we should not give Grom some time to fix their bugs and help them with specific error describtions over thei support channel to do that faster than in the past. OK we are beta tester......but the product is cheap (in comparisson to others) and it's working for most of the people

Cheers

Sonnet

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links