Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Mpg

Spoony

Interesting most of my driving is motorway 12 out of 15 miles to work each day and i get about 300 to the tank, i find if i use cruise control as much as posible it is more economicle than my right foot.

200 to a tank would hurt bad, what power is a charged 200 putting out ?

Regards

Russell.

Even at 300 to a tank it seems heavy for an IS. Only works out to around 20mpg assuming you have 70 litre tank.

the only problem i have matey is i'm mostly town driving.but on a long run(motor way)i have seen over 400 to a tank

• 2 weeks later...

just done a full tank... the light comes on when i hit 355miles....

only changed air filter and exhasut...

Interesting most of my driving is motorway 12 out of 15 miles to work each day and i get about 300 to the tank, i find if i use cruise control as much as posible it is more economicle than my right foot.

200 to a tank would hurt bad, what power is a charged 200 putting out ?

Regards

Russell.

Even at 300 to a tank it seems heavy for an IS. Only works out to around 20mpg assuming you have 70 litre tank.

the only problem i have matey is i'm mostly town driving.but on a long run(motor way)i have seen over 400 to a tank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just done Liverpool to Bristol and back (360 miles) with 4 up plus luggage. Still some left in the tank so I think that is quite good when you take into account the silky smooth quiet engine and the comfort. On top of that, the underground car park in Bristol was "a bit tight", put the IS200 with its relative narrowness and superb turning circle (rear wheel drive) came into its own. What a car. And it still looks better than most saloons out there.

Been averaging about 300 miles to 3/4 of a tank (approx 50litres) of vpower.. Haven't taken it till the fuel light comes on yet.. My journey to/from work is approx 30miles 1 way, with about 20miles of that being motorway.. I don't sit around either, but don't go like a bat out of hell.. Just sit at a nice comfy cruising speed... I'm happy with the consumption, but after looking around I was expecting worse ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just done a trip from Wiltshire to Scotland (Balloch) & back. At legal road speeds (& dodging round traffic snarl-ups north of Birmingham!) my 200 Sport averaged 37 mpg, which was much better than I'd expected :) .

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys!

Two weeks ago I toke my Lexus IS200 SE Auto on a trip to London.

Left Leicester with a full tank, went to London ( cruise control at 80mph, sometimes a bit more, and 50mph at average speed cameras near Luton on the M1),drove around 25 miles in the chaos of London and back to Leicester. The needle in the gauge was exactly on the middle, which means it spent about half a tank on the journey (total aprox 240 miles) which is not bad. Then the other half of the tank was spent only in short city journeys.

And this was the total mileage for the tank , the pic was taken today few minutes before filling up:

fuelgauge.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What do you guys think?

I did very simaler a couple of weeks ago went to see an auntie in Oulton (near Great Yarmouth) crusied first bit A14 at 85 then came the lesser roads did not hold back and overtook regually. Total journey was 215 and gauge was only 1/3 gone drove around for rest of week doing silly little journeys of no more than 20 miles and still got 385 before the light came on best bit mine is the 300

Regards

Russell.