Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 V Civic Type R

Hi guys long time, since I sold my Altezzer RS200 in december I have not been right. Ask Goldie who is a member how long it took before I let him have the car.

Anyway it was forthe Mrs, she wanted a new house and we got it now so within the next couple of months will be looking a new car. I was thinking of getting the IS20 againg or maybe going for the civic type-r!

What do you guys think, because I can't make up my mind at the moment :blink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got an IS200 and love it to bits

i driven a type R civic though, and they are nice, much quicker than the IS, like a mini rocket. the gears look very odd placed where they are but they are good to use.

its a different league to the IS though, IS is more luxury i thinks but a great drive if u dnt mind the slow acceleration.

the civic is great acceleration and the one i drove was fairly basic inside. looks nice though and the engine is very nice.

its gotta be the lexus

the civic may be quicker, but loses out on everything else

looks, luxury, equipment - list is endless

the question is, do you really want to drive around in a mini-mpv like sports hatch??? :unsure:

when you could have a lexus! :D

Yup IS200 is a few grand dearer.

My Missus says the new Honda Civic Type R looks like a Yaris... :blink:

Her words not mine, but my neighbour in his Type -R wasn't impressed.... :lol::lol:

WOMEN! :duh:

I have a budget of around £13000. what I dont want togo through is all the hassle I went through with my Altezza by fitting Lexus rear parking sensors, Lexus 18" alloys, TTE Front bumper, TDI HKS Induction kit, lexus exhaust trim, green pads all round! I would love another IS 200 donelike my old Altezzer. As I remember all that effort and money that went into my Altezzer and i just don't have that kind of cash to invest in it. Imust say I have not driven a civic type-r yet but I have booked a test drive.

Another thing, th cvic type-r is not as common as an Is200. They are all over the place. When I got my Altezzer last year January, I got so many looks cause it was not as common then and mine was one of the first round my area, but I still love them every single one I see, especially is Platinum silve one.

The Mrs wants a BMW 3Series coupe, but I don't really like them. Decision, decision what do I do! <_<

Having just traded the old '200 for a '300.... I'd still go for any Lexus over the Type-R. Guy at work has a silver Type-R which looks pretty tasty and goes like stink. But having had dealings with the local Honda dealer on two separate occasions (like I asked for a test drive of the S2000, & they couldn't even be @rsed to arrange it for me!), I wouldn't go near a Honda now for that reason alone. Needless to say, the local Lexus dealership is brill' :) :)

Having just traded the old '200 for a '300.... I'd still go for any Lexus over the Type-R. Guy at work has a silver Type-R which looks pretty tasty and goes like stink. But having had dealings with the local Honda dealer on two separate occasions (like I asked for a test drive of the S2000, & they couldn't even be @rsed to arrange it for me!), I wouldn't go near a Honda now for that reason alone. Needless to say, the local Lexus dealership is brill'

Yeah I know what you mean mate Toyota/Lexus Dealership in Brixton were quite good. Did most of the work on my Altezzer last year at reasonable prices.

Edited by Matthew_McNally

Having just traded the old '200 for a '300.... I'd still go for any Lexus over the Type-R. Guy at work has a silver Type-R which looks pretty tasty and goes like stink. But having had dealings with the local Honda dealer on two separate occasions (like I asked for a test drive of the S2000, & they couldn't even be @rsed to arrange it for me!), I wouldn't go near a Honda now for that reason alone. Needless to say, the local Lexus dealership is brill'

Yeah I know what you mean mate Toyota/Lexus Dealership in Brixton were quite good. Did most of the work on my Altezzer last year at reasonable prices.

Oojoni,

did I see Lexus delaership in Brixtion on your thread? This is news to me unless your meant Bromley?

Anyway, I will go for another Altezza. It has more power than the Typre R and has the luxury of the IS. You can get them already modified. I love thier bodykits.

T

Depends what you are after really. I test drove the Type-R Civic a little while ago and I was impressed with it - certainly the acceleration.

If I was in the market for a cheaper (to buy) car then I'd go for the Civic. However, I think it's probably a class lower that the IS200, I don't really think they are on a par. If you've got the money to spend, go for a Lexus. If you don't want to spend out that much, then you can't go wrong with the Civic for the money

Depends what you are after really. I test drove the Type-R Civic a little while ago and I was impressed with it - certainly the acceleration.

If I was in the market for a cheaper (to buy) car then I'd go for the Civic. However, I think it's probably a class lower that the IS200, I don't really think they are on a par. If you've got the money to spend, go for a Lexus. If you don't want to spend out that much, then you can't go wrong with the Civic for the money

Agree with Claire! :D

Type R much quicker off the mark but got eaten up by judicious use of long legs of IS200 in my last 'experience' on the Mway. (or type R driver chicken.)

At the moment i am in the lucky position of owning both (trying to sell IS200). I needed something cheaper to fund my house purchase.

The Type-R is much quicker than the IS (and Altezza) 0-60 in 6.3 seconds! And does 1/4 mile in about 15 secs. There is no way the IS200 could keep up in a race.....but they are different types of car.

One is a hot (very) Hatch and the other is a luxury saloon. The Type-R has been lightened and doesn't have the toys but makes up for it in sheer driving enjoyment.

I have uprated the stereo in the Type-R and added tints to the windows and alloy kick plates, pedals too. I think it is a wicked little motor and gets approving looks all the time (same as the IS). But its horses for courses, you can't really compare the two as they are so different.

:D

Type R much quicker off the mark but got eaten up by judicious use of long legs of IS200 in my last 'experience' on the Mway. (or type R driver chicken.)

At the moment i am in the lucky position of owning both (trying to sell IS200). I needed something cheaper to fund my house purchase.

The Type-R is much quicker than the IS (and Altezza) 0-60 in 6.3 seconds! And does 1/4 mile in about 15 secs. There is no way the IS200 could keep up in a race.....but they are different types of car.

One is a hot (very) Hatch and the other is a luxury saloon. The Type-R has been lightened and doesn't have the toys but makes up for it in sheer driving enjoyment.

I have uprated the stereo in the Type-R and added tints to the windows and alloy kick plates, pedals too. I think it is a wicked little motor and gets approving looks all the time (same as the IS). But its horses for courses, you can't really compare the two as they are so different.

maybe the Type R will outsprint the Altezza in a 0-60 race cos it,s lighter, but that,s where it ends, I think. On a longer Mway race, the Type R wouldn,t match the Altezza.

maybe the Type R will outsprint the Altezza in a 0-60 race cos it,s lighter, but that,s where it ends, I think. On a longer Mway race, the Type R wouldn,t match the Altezza.

I think it would! but as I said they are different types of car.