Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 V Civic Type R

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, after seeing the Type R's at Gaydon yesterday, it is very, very tempting. They are very quick standard, very tuneable and look the dogs gonads. And if you don't want a Civic and want a bigger car, they have Integras and Accords too.....

A works colleague has a Type-R and he says he will be lucky to get 10k from a set of front tyres :yahoo: also says he has to creep over "sleeping policemen" and chevrons make it twitch all over the place :blink:

Its a firmer ride granted but handles amazingly. Very little body role. It is a Type-R (racing) after all. The standard tyres aren't the best (Bridgestone Re40's) but alot of people are changing to Toyo Proxes and the wear and tramlining are much better.

Personally I can't knock them, love the performance!! drove the Lexus at the weekend after a few weeks away and it felt like it was going backwards, couldn't beleive how slow it felt after driving the CTR for a while.

:D

If it's the Type-R vs. a vanilla IS200, then how about a few basic questions...

Q. What sort of roads do you drive on?

A. Twisty country lanes - Get the Type-R

A. Dual carriageways & motorways, crammed with gatso's - Get the Lex :o

Q. What sort of journeys do you do?

A. Lots of shorts hacks - Get the Type-R

A. Over an hours driving a day - Get the Lex B)

Q. What do you want others to think?

A. Wow, I bet that's fun to drive - Get the Type-R

A. There's someone with class - Get the Lex ;)

Q. What do you enjoy most about driving?

A. Speeeeeed.... & blitzing the other guy - Get the Type-R

A. What other guy? - Get the Lex :lol:

I think all the answers are wrong.

Okay - bit sweeping ...... some have good valid points.

BUT - if you like both ..... why not get 'both' - the performance of a Civic Type R, with the practicality, space and more subtle styling of the IS ..... for £12.5k ........ Accord Type R

Seems to be the natural choice if you are drawn to both vehicles, as this offers most of what both of these offer - and comes in at your budget.

As for the dealers - depends on your dealer.

Lexus dealer I used first of all was not good...... my car went back sooooo many times. I was not a happy bunny. Last service, different Lexus dealer - different class!

Same applies to Honda dealers - good ones, and bad ones.

BUT - if you like both ..... why not get 'both' - the performance of a Civic Type R, with the practicality, space and more subtle styling of the IS ..... for £12.5k ........ Accord Type R

Thats what I said UV.......... :whistling:

Yeah Zee....getting a bit worried about you on Sunday mate....it almost sounded like your where thinking about changing sides..... <_<

It's very hard to compair the two! The only likeness, is they are both made in Japan!! :)

Nothing stamps authority and damands respect like a lex though!! A few select styling mods and driving through a town centre on Friday night....heads always turn!!

Lex everytime!!! :backofnet:

Hmmm, ok so maybe I was a little unfair to the Civic Type-R... but then I'm biased :P Still, having previously had cars like the Renault 5GT Turbo & Nissan 200SX, the Lex is totally different & it is difficult to compare it (at least unmod'ed) with out & out performance cars.

Agreed, with cars like the Accord Type-R you get nearer the best of both worlds. I actually considered the Accord Type-R before buying my first Lex, but I was looking to buy new and have it 'sanitized' by the dealer (i.e. remove badging, spoilers etc) to make it a wolf in sheeps clothing. Strangely, they weren't interested so they didn't get my business :(

Oojoni - get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI - you know it makes sense.

A practical 4 door saloon with just enough power - 280 brake, and 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. You'll be laughing.

Actually might have to be an Evo IV or V for £12,500.

You will be - :D

Funny! :duh:

I guess you either love it or hate it.

But i always wanted my own batmobile! :D

Also you get 4WD, Active Yaw control, 4 wheel steering + a very tuneable engine. I saw a VII this month with over 700 brake!!!

Slight drawback is the very scary Group 20 insurance and being lucky to get 20mpg!!

Here's dreaming.... oh well i love my lex, just want more power. methinks a small engined transplant......... :sleeping: :D

...or maybe the Nissan Skyline GTR-33 "Kombat" - just shy of 1,000bhp :o I guess fuel consumption & insurance costs would be something to write home about :yahoo: Don't thing that's gonna fit in the engine bay of my IS tho... :(

• 1 month later...

:zee: I'd just like to say that after owning a Soarer and an IS200 and now being the proud owner of a civic type-r, i'd have the honda over the other two anyday, ok I agree they look a bit weird and there very bumpy but whn that RPM needle hit 5900 ad that VTEC kicks in theres nothing that can touch it for engine sound and fun for the money, I love lexus's for different reasons to the love i have for the honda, they a beautiful especially the IS but if you like driving, real driving it has to be the civic it's an animal and the best thing about it is that its as fast as all its rivals for pace and is quicker around a track, without the use of a turbo or supercharger, the look of anger on the face of the focus RS driver the other day when he found that his 22 grand turbocharged ford couldn't get away from my 16 grand motobike sounding jap looking mpv/hatch was funny to say the least. An I have now found theres more to come and am currently making plans to have a filter and Apexi Vtec controller fitted which will easily see sub six seconds 0-60 and around 230-240bhp. For the Fun = HONDA. For the Looks and Comfort = Lexus. Its all up to what your looking for in a car.

Good point, but you would be able to hear the wicked noise of the fantastic engine. the noise when the VTEC kicks in is amazing. Each to their own......different types of car!

I'm with you on that one - no need for an expensive stereo in the proper Honda VTEC's - the sound of that VTEC rump roar it's way through the rev range and gears is music to my ears.

Is it possible to be in love with an engine? :wub: or am I a geek :geek:

• 3 weeks later...

A little snippet of info for any that are interested.

We entered a modifed type R into the Modified Car of the Year competition yesterday - hosted by Car & Car Conversions magazine.

The car did exceptionally (and surprisingly) well against some formidable opposition including a £100k EVO 7 and an Audi S6 twin turbo with nitrous.

Our car only had exhaust, filter, cam kit, FCON S and flywheel.

I'm a happy bunny today :D