Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 V Civic Type R

a guy by me has had a CTR for a few months now........he just returned the car to Honda.....fed up with all the problems hes having with it.

alarm....constantly going off

failed wheel bearing

noisy gearbox

failed engine mount

noisy drive shaft

loose interior panel fitment

wierd....electrical problems on the dash and facia

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a different scenario where I'm looking for something with 4 doors........I have an FTO GPX (trying to sell!) that has MIVEC (mitsubishi's version of VTEC) and the missus has a Civic Type R. Now I've driven both and also had the opportunity to sit in an Altezza RS200, now although I haven't driven the Altezza it feels pretty potent, the engine is very free revving and the ride is 'comfortable' (not luxurious like an IS) and yet it is pretty has a pretty sport stance.

Now the FTO handles well, minimum body roll and feels composed through corners, the CivR handles amazing for the high centre of gravity, it has plenty of grip (in the dry) it does suffer from a little torque steer...... but it is blindingly quick

I agree with some people that a Lexus IS200/300 is a different car to the CivR as they were aimed at different markets, but the closest comparison, would be between an Accord Type R and an RS200. I love the TypeR and hence looked at an Accord Type R for more doors, 'racing' engine and understated looks. In doing so I looked at other japanese saloons and have always liked the looks of the IS but wanted more performance. Like many people i have a budget and IS300 would be too expensive but an imported RS200 was within my bracket............ I would have to say I am looking to get an Altezza RS200 purely for a similar experience to the CivR but a bit more grown up. Also Rear wheel drive!!!!!

Look at what you want from your car but for me the Altezza is a good price, has a lean racing engine, 4 doors, some comfort, subtle yet handsome looks ( :blink: ) and a great forum here!! :winky: PLUS will go GOLD when I eventually..........get one......

HTH

Oli

a guy by me has had a CTR for a few months now........he just returned the car to Honda.....fed up with all the problems hes having with it.

alarm....constantly going off

failed wheel bearing

noisy gearbox

failed engine mount

noisy drive shaft

loose interior panel fitment

wierd....electrical problems on the dash and facia

Thats the exception rather than the rule then.

Very reliable cars, they are hondas after all ;)

Must say - I'm a bit disappointed with replies stating that you should chose Lexus as the badge says more class - and references to what others think.....

Have I drifted onto the BMW forum?????

We should chose our cars on the basis of the car and what we like best - not uying a badge/image or worrying about other people's perception.

As I said before - The CTR and the IS are too different to compare. I (obviously) like both, but for different reasons - none of my reasons are to do with image though!

driving the Yaris (nice small car BTW), makes me feel like a mum on the school run.

Is that not more to do with the size of the car rather than the badge on the front?

If Toyota were to sell the IS in the UK rather than Lexus, I wouldn't have a problem owning/driving one.

driving the Yaris (nice small car BTW), makes me feel like a mum on the school run.

Is that not more to do with the size of the car rather than the badge on the front?

If Toyota were to sell the IS in the UK rather than Lexus, I wouldn't have a problem owning/driving one.

Yes, definitely to do with size of car - doesn't matter the make really. The car seat in the back definitely doesn't help!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links