Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/300 Tyre Wear

im24601

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many miles have those tyres done?

13000ks 8000miles treads still mint over tyres but the inside shoulders are gone. The one with my finger in let go at 115kmh 70mh thankfully I was driving not the wife, pulled it up safely.

how many miles have those tyres done?

13000ks 8000miles treads still mint over tyres but the inside shoulders are gone. The one with my finger in let go at 115kmh 70mh thankfully I was driving not the wife, pulled it up safely.

thats outrageous, the first set of pirellis on my IS300 were basically toast after 9,600 miles, that was when I went to STS to get new tyres and Tony of WIM started sorting out the geometry. I should have complained to Lexus UK about it but I cant be bothered with stuff like writing complaints letters. I douby they would have bothered answering me anyway.......

The sickening thing is the problem is solvable.

I rewrote the Geometry years ago, tested my positions by regular monitoring on donor cars then after proving them realest the new calibration positions to the world... They are also here in this clubs knowledge base.

All Lexus need to do is release our positions as a revision, i haven't copyrighted them.

i haven't copyrighted them.

Well maybe you should.........ker ching!!

Well maybe but i had moral reasons and life's not just about money.... Wanna know my reasons?

1: I never intended to corner the market on Lexus calibration, my initial position was to answer this problem since Admin here contacted me.

2: Once the problem was solved i felt unhappy people were traveling hundreds of miles to wim.

3: Requests for help/data become saturating, even with the data available on the www now i still get about 4 requests a day UK, more world but i no longer answer world (sorry)

4: Any car i set, it would only need to re-measured by another company then the data would be acquired anyway

5: I could write a procedure that would be saleable but once again easily duplicated.

I rewrote the Geometry years ago, tested my positions by regular monitoring on donor cars then after proving them realest the new calibration positions to the world... They are also here in this clubs knowledge base.

All Lexus need to do is release our positions as a revision, i haven't copyrighted them.

I know I'm talking to you on 2 Forums but I have searched and cant find this (They are also here in this clubs knowledge base)

Have done a lot of searching be for asking questions.

I know I'm talking to you on 2 Forums but I have searched and cant find this (They are also here in this clubs knowledge base)

Have done a lot of searching be for asking questions.

As released to the web in 05 including the procedure (excludes 99 index where the rear camber is -23')

................................................................................

REAR

Camber: 55’ Negative

Toe: 6’ Positive (partial)

Thrust: 0. Or as near to but no more than 5’

FRONT

Camber: 10 to 15’ Negative

Castor: 6 Degrees Positive if possible + - 30’

KPI/ SJI: even +- 30’

TOOT: 5% of the total lock angle taken at 20 Degrees (assume 1 Degree 30’) as an Ackerman angle.

Lock angles: - not relevant

Delta curve: - not relevant

Included angle: - not relevant (unless uneven by more than 45’)

Toe: 4’ Positive (partial)

TOO THE OPPERATOR

This set-up is not an attempt to belittle your skills, only an expression set by example. But this is the ‘absolute’ geometry set-up for this car, please ignore the ‘Data green areas’ on the computer and relate to the set-up given.

PROCEEDURE

Rear adjustment should be without problem (unless) the NSR adjuster cam rises above the ledge.

The front Castor position most times shows (ASIAN) settings, the new 10’ to 15’ Camber position will correct this.

AND THIS IS HOW

Correct the Camber to 10’ – 15’ Negative, then you will see the Toe has moved Positive near to two Degrees, don’t worry about this. Correct the Toe and do another ‘Caster swing’ now you will find the Caster settings are within or near to UK positions.

FOR THE SHOP

The Parallelograms of this car will suffer lateral and diagonal shear, ‘No’ settling on the table will conclude the set-up, I have found a ‘Simple’ fine-tune will finalize the geometry, then it’s Job done!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There

I bought my 2004 200 LE 12 months ago. I changed both fronts as they were worn away on the inside edges the same week I bought it. The car had done 27000 miles. I have since done 10000 miles and am now changing all 4. The fronts are completely shot on the inside again, and the rears have also gone on the inside edges, this is despite having 4 wheel alignment at AutoTest in Norwich when I bought it. Unfortunately I live in Germany and therefore it is a little harder for me to get to Dr Toni.

It s a shame as it is a superb car (better than my 57 plate 118dSE BMW!) I just wish that this problem would get sorted, it is probably making the fuel consumption worse as well.

Rob