Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sport Mk1 -'96 No Sound Front Right Speakers

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site so first of all. Hi everyone.

I've recently acquired a '96 GS300 Sport which runs like a dream but i have a couple of audio problems.

Firstly and most important is that there is no sound coming from the Front Right Door Speaker & Pillar tweeter. All other speakers appear to work fine. Would you suggest checking the wiring to the speakers or the connections to the back of the head unit?

The audio ia apparently the Premium Audio with the 12 CD changer in the boot.

Secondly the Electric Ariel doesnt go all the way flush with the boot. It stops about 6 inches above. Is there an easy way to sort this. It goes up and down fine other than that.

Anyway, Hi again averyone and thanks in advance for any help.

regards,

Nick

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site so first of all. Hi everyone.

I've recently acquired a '96 GS300 Sport which runs like a dream but i have a couple of audio problems.

Firstly and most important is that there is no sound coming from the Front Right Door Speaker & Pillar tweeter. All other speakers appear to work fine. Would you suggest checking the wiring to the speakers or the connections to the back of the head unit?

The audio ia apparently the Premium Audio with the 12 CD changer in the boot.

Secondly the Electric Ariel doesnt go all the way flush with the boot. It stops about 6 inches above. Is there an easy way to sort this. It goes up and down fine other than that.

Anyway, Hi again averyone and thanks in advance for any help.

regards,

Nick

any ideas gang??

id take out the aerial its simple enough , might needs re inserting , mine over the cold weather, only went up about 9 inch, and stopped about an inch off being flush, might be some crap on the teeth, simpe to do. as for the speakers, cant help you with that im affraid :(

i think there is instructions on here somewhere how to remove the mast

if not give us a shout

oh , welcome to the club

id take out the aerial its simple enough , might needs re inserting , mine over the cold weather, only went up about 9 inch, and stopped about an inch off being flush, might be some crap on the teeth, simpe to do. as for the speakers, cant help you with that im affraid :(

i think there is instructions on here somewhere how to remove the mast

if not give us a shout

oh , welcome to the club

Thanks alot for your help... i'll give it a go!

Im guessing on the sound aspect i may need to remove the head unit and check the connections... does anyone know if the Air Vents are hard to pop out on the MK1? i understand i need to do that (among other things) to remove the head unit....

cheers,

Nick

Have a look at this link mate for doing the AC Control bulbs, the stereo head unit comes out as part of that. Make sure your security code is off or you know what the code is before disconnecting the stereo though.

clicky

There is a feature on the car that feeds the optional mobile phone stuff to one of the doors for hands free, can't remember off the top of my head which door though. Maybe there is a partly disconnected mobile phone kit forcing the speakers off from normal audio expecting the phone audio instead. Might be the wrong door but just a thought.

Have a look at this link mate for doing the AC Control bulbs, the stereo head unit comes out as part of that. Make sure your security code is off or you know what the code is before disconnecting the stereo though.

clicky

There is a feature on the car that feeds the optional mobile phone stuff to one of the doors for hands free, can't remember off the top of my head which door though. Maybe there is a partly disconnected mobile phone kit forcing the speakers off from normal audio expecting the phone audio instead. Might be the wrong door but just a thought.

Excellent... thanks alot for that... i'll double check the security code issue as a stereo without any sound would be much worse.. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

If you havnt fixed the probs yet try this.......

Before you rip the aerial apart, Try oiling the mast with WD40 when its fully extented, This will clean and lubricate it...

Regarding your speakers, Is your tweeter in the door ??

If so check the loom going into the door you may have broken or corroded pins. Or maybe someones messed about with somthing in the door and never connected them.

I think its the easiest and quickest thing to check before rou take the whole centre of your dash apart.. I have a feeling this is where your problem is........

Regards, P

If you havnt fixed the probs yet try this.......

Before you rip the aerial apart, Try oiling the mast with WD40 when its fully extented, This will clean and lubricate it...

Regarding your speakers, Is your tweeter in the door ??

If so check the loom going into the door you may have broken or corroded pins. Or maybe someones messed about with somthing in the door and never connected them.

I think its the easiest and quickest thing to check before rou take the whole centre of your dash apart.. I have a feeling this is where your problem is........

Regards, P

Hi there,

I'll give the mast a good clean with WD40 and see how i go...

The tweeter is on the door at near mirror height. I'm not getting any sound from this speaker or the larger speaker in the bottom of the door so my guess would be either a loom problem going into the door or the connection at the back of the head unit.

Is the 'door loom' easy to get to?

many thanks for your help,

Nick

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it is the same on the GS as the LS but the mobile phone mute interface located under the rear seat gets damp and can cause this fault on the speaker, don't be offended but have you checked the balance and fader controls?