Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Response From The Md Of Lexus Gb Ltd

im24601

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I am good for it. Though I was thinking legal action, actually.

Here's a thing - I have two alignment reports stating varying tolerances one from Lexus Oxford and the other from Lexus Reading. If Lexus GB have issued all centres with the same info, why wouldn't they be the same??????

ok.. so basicallt they will do nothing..

there is one thing that i find interesting for myself..

"However, I must advise you that we do not recommend any further deviation from the manufacturer's specification, if it takes the car outside the original range of tolerances. It is worthy to note that any change may affect some other aspect of the car in the future"

Lexus Nottingham have done just that and used the WIM settings for me and potentially other is200 users!! where does THAT put Lexus GB??

It's not just the UK either as Tony has received requests from the USA after it was known he had the revised settings to stop the extreme inner tyre wear. Perhaps bringing the LOC USA IS300 owners on board would make Lexus have second thoughts...let's escalate this as far as possible.

So this paragraph is interesting???

( However, I must advise you that we do not recommend any further deviation from the manufacturer's specification, if it takes the car outside the original range of tolerances. It is worthy to note that any change may affect some other aspect of the car in the future.)

To me as i posted today earlier that maybe they LEXUS GB have a bigger problem when designing the car/or when they designed the car that if YOU the PUBLIC change from LEXUS GB setings then some other part of the car would be affected or compromised? so there for letting the tyres take the brunt of the problem rather than a different part of the car?

i.e if this would be the case then it would then become a safety issue & a total recall on components that fail so there for costing lexus gb lots of money...where as they can cover the blame and pending recalls by saying there are to many OTHER factors in tyre wear...( the way you drive, road conditions, type of tyre, rubber compound etc ) and there for not being held responsible.?

Just a thought. :whistling:

So this paragraph is interesting???

( However, I must advise you that we do not recommend any further deviation from the manufacturer's specification, if it takes the car outside the original range of tolerances. It is worthy to note that any change may affect some other aspect of the car in the future.)

To me as i posted today earlier that maybe they LEXUS GB have a bigger problem when designing the car/or when they designed the car that if YOU the PUBLIC change from LEXUS GB setings then some other part of the car would be affected or compromised? so there for letting the tyres take the brunt of the problem rather than a different part of the car?

i.e if this would be the case then it would then become a safety issue & a total recall on components that fail so there for costing lexus gb lots of money...where as they can cover the blame and pending recalls by saying there are to many OTHER factors in tyre wear...( the way you drive, road conditions, type of tyre, rubber compound etc ) and there for not being held responsible.?

Just a thought. :whistling:

If this is the case then why did a lexus garage go against the Lexus GB settings and use WIM settings when i booked my car in??

were the wilfully endangering me or causing further problems down the line?

Or were they doing the right thing by a customer and using the settings that fix a known issue??

this is where it gets interesting to me....

One dealership is setting up a car with one group of settings, another dealership less than 60 miles away is using a different set.

Which one exactly is correct, Mr Fonseca? In reality, I suspect neither is. In any case, this misinformation is not something that I would have expected from Lexus: is it a lottery depending on where one lives as to the accuracy of the information given? At best it is sloppy, at worst it is negligent.

Exactly what I mean...

It is a communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient as not knowing the facts or the truth.

It is in actuallity nothing but a carefully worded fob off. apple did the same with the suspect battey life issue,

as did Sony with the dodgy Battery in the laptop issue, until they were both seen too in a court,

& then finally both companies come over all bend over backwards apologetic like.......

Get the US Forums involved as if this is a U.S.A issue too, that is a scary one for Lexus Worldwide,

and who may well make then sit up and take notice.

The thing that gets me the most aggravated about this, is the pure disdain for the customer on an

issue where deep down the company knows it is in error.

"LEXUS The pursuit of perfection".

Hmmm more like

"LEXUS The continuing pursuit of deception". (in my opinion)

i was always told by someone within toyota, that the issues with the is200 and 300 geo was because the original settings were set up for the Altezza with 3sge, a much lighter engine, in a lighter car overall, as a result of fitting the heavier engines the geo is under greater stresses and therefore acts in a different way under compression.

ive had 3 brand new IS200's, the very first one, a W reg suffered tyre wear really bad, when i handed the car back into Lexus after 16 months for a swap to the next one, I had to pay for a new tyres.........

at the time it wasnt "known" that there was an issue with the wear, it was only when i had the next car for 6 months and the same problem arose, did it come to light in conversation about the known issue!!, needless to say when i then swapped the second car after 6 months for the white lex, i had the settings checked every 3 months, eventually getting them done at TTE direct......and not to the factory settings

You did get your response, but not what you wanted. I personally feel you put too much in your letter and in doing so not only showed your hand early on but also your signature ;)

I suspect legal action from you against Lexus GB will be not only costly but unproductive.

IMHO your only way forward now to get some of what you want is via Watchdog, AutoExpress etc. Yor redress is against the dealer who sold you the car, as it is your duty to check your tyres o aregular basis I suspect safety isn't an issue down to the manufacture. Where the manufactue are resposible is for the design and excessive wear.

This is only my opinion and I have held back from posting it until the reply came.

You did get your response, but not what you wanted. I personally feel you put too much in your letter and in doing so not only showed your hand early on but also your signature ;)

I suspect legal action from you against Lexus GB will be not only costly but unproductive.

IMHO your only way forward now to get some of what you want is via Watchdog, AutoExpress etc. Yor redress is against the dealer who sold you the car, as it is your duty to check your tyres o aregular basis I suspect safety isn't an issue down to the manufacture. Where the manufactue are resposible is for the design and excessive wear.

This is only my opinion and I have held back from posting it until the reply came.

To be honest safety is down to the the manufacture to a certain extent, as the problem which causes this excessive wear exists in all our cars and therefore it must be a manufacturing fault, the fault also moves onto the dealers, they know there is a fault, as there are thousands of customers who go back to the dealer and complain, but they refuse to acknowledge this problem and fob us off by calling it a "characteristic of the vehicle" which is ridiculous and yes you are right that its our duty to check the tyres regularly but it is not acceptable where good quality and very expensive tyres wear at this rate, and no dealer should ever expect that we should be checking our tyre treads every 500 miles, just because its "characteristic of the vehicle" . I've been a vehicle technician for 7 years now and been a MOT tester for 5 years and i've never seen good quality tyres wear in so little mileage!!. I Personally think that IMO24601 is doing a great job in trying to get some sort of acknowledgement from lexus, it is not going to be easy which I expect he knows but at least he is trying and he should not just drop this case just after the first hurdle. I never expected this would just be resolved in one letter, we are dealing with a multi billion pound company and they will expect us to just except what they are saying, but with allot of persistence I honestly think there will be a outcome that we can be satisfied with.

Cheers shak.

I wonder if Lexus offered each of us £1000 each for the tyres, geometry etc that we have all had - whether the few critics here would take the money?

ps im24601 not IM024601!!!!! :duh:

Yor redress is against the dealer who sold you the car

Technically, as I had a Finance Agreement (through Lexus Finance) my redress is also with them as, until I finished paying the vehicle off - they owned the vehicle and, I think, I "purchased" the vehicle from them.

In the same way, my mortgaged house belongs, in part, to the mortgage company.

Anyhow, I am speaking to lawyers this week on this matter and, so I cannot be accused of "showing my hand early on" again - I'll PM those who are interested to find out what was said, unless of course everybody, bar the critics, are keen to find out?

Chris

Cheers shak.

I wonder if Lexus offered each of us £1000 each for the tyres, geometry etc that we have all had - whether the few critics here would take the money?

ps im24601 not IM024601!!!!! :duh:

Sorry my mistake, I'll call you Chris from now on, its easier!! :D

I would guarantee that the few critics you have would take the money and run!, personally I don't think there is going to be any sort of money offered to us, but I could be wrong. If lexus admit a problem, change the geo settings to WIMs and gave us a big discount for a full geo, that would still be a great result!! Getting a refund for people who have already spent money getting the geo right would be a good bonus. I think you are doing a great job and I'm right behind you! Whats next on your agenda??

shak

Heh, I'm not critiicising you just calling it as I see it. I have had many run ins with dealers and manufactures and am just voicing an opinion.

I too had bad geometry and early uneven tye wear ( not as early as yours ).

Good luck with taking this further. One thing to remember, and this was what I was told sometime ago, if you are going to take this futher it won't be easy, it won't be quick and it won't be cheap - the dealer and manufacture rely on this as over 95% will back down at this stage. I had one instance that went on for over two and a half years and the manufacture settled the day before the re-arranged court date, it cost them over 50% of the value of the car plus legal fees to my side.

Yor redress is against the dealer who sold you the car

Technically, as I had a Finance Agreement (through Lexus Finance) my redress is also with them as, until I finished paying the vehicle off - they owned the vehicle and, I think, I "purchased" the vehicle from them.

In the same way, my mortgaged house belongs, in part, to the mortgage company.

Anyhow, I am speaking to lawyers this week on this matter and, so I cannot be accused of "showing my hand early on" again - I'll PM those who are interested to find out what was said, unless of course everybody, bar the critics, are keen to find out?

Chris

I Would certainly be interested in finding out what the lawyers say.!!

I'm finding this thread really interesting. I do think you need to get off your high horse about critics on the thread. I have seen no critics, just people pointing out that you have a tough job on your hands and stating that worn tyres are an issue for the consumer to keep an eye on. You would be hard pushed to have a brand spanking new set of tyres put on and they be completely illegal within a week. Check your tyres regualr, end of. 7000 miles is not regular.

I also find it interesting how all the other non "critics" (if you still want to call the other critics) are all saying "yeah do it" when they are obviously agrieved about the wear issues but have chosen to do naff all about it for god knows how long. It is easy to push someone else into a no-win situation than sort it yourself. Look in other threads people are saying how wonderful Lexus are, yet in this thread they are no better than worthless, cheating, scumbags.

I wish you every luck with your persuit of this case, taking on the financial clout of Toyota is one hell of a deal and is gonna cost you big time. I hope something worthwhile comes out of it but for the life of me a cannot see it will. As has already been illustrated in the thread, the potential compensation that may arrise from this is huge, so the amount of money it will take in court to get you off their backs is pocket money in comparison. I just hope it is pocket money for you too. The comparison on Battery life of a laptop is not the same, the financial implications to the manufacturer are/were completely different. An apology is one thing, a potential multi-million payout is another.

I thought your original letter to Lexus GB was good, however, I do think you earned the dismissive response you got back, as you clearly belittled them in your letter. Taking the ***** or trying to be funny is never good idea in prelim to a legal battle, you should've left the bits about wearing gloves out of it, I don't think you did yourself any favours.

Anyway, despite all that, I do wish you luck in this case.

I made reference to it earlier, and I'll say it again 'If you don't ask, you don't get'.

I support 'im24601' in this matter, regardless of how his letter to Lexus was put together.

The majority of us who take the trouble to venture onto forums such as this are obviously interested in the outcome. I still reckon that Lexus GB are nervously looking over their shoulders at the activity on this particular thread. Whilst we are all entitled to our opinions, some comments may not have helped the cause. We all have views on this matter and it is forums such as this where some of us express opinions, be it supportive or negative. In my opinion those which have raised doubt may have given Lexus the answer they want?

In other words support in relation to this issue is not 100%!

I am on the back of 2 sucessful "wins" with the legal system - one in the Family Courts where I got what most men aspire to - simply down to dogged determination and a "never say die" attitude. And that was a matter of principle too.

The second, only last Tuesday - the Dept of Health and the DWP tried and failed in the Crown Court. Eighteen months of grief they caused me and they screwed it all up.

So, does the might of Lexus concern me? No, not in the slightest. Ultimately, they are wrong - you know it, I know it - and deep down they know it too. Gill Want may have tried to shut the door with her letter, but she has no idea just how much of a pain in the arse I can be. (I was about to say that she should ask my ex, but that would lead to the wrong response from some here!!!!! :shutit: )

In the words of Karen Carpenter "We've only just begun."...