Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Service/mot

Manps

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has abit of advice on a couple of questions I have.

Basically brought and 05 plate IS200 SE in November, its due for its first ever MOT (Three years old) and its intermediate service in March. Its got a full Lexus Service History and has only done 20,000 miles in three years, which i think is very low.

I'm going to book a service/mot at my local dealership and have been given a quote of:

£50 ->MOT

and around £190 for the service.

Does this seem a good deal wondering everyones veiws on it?

Ideally want to keep Lexus service history as a few years down the line think i'll have myself an IS250 in exchange.

Cheers in Advance

Manps

20K service is a main service so not a bad price.

I had mine MOT'd yesterday by Lexus and it was £50.00, although £5 or £10 more than other garages it was in for is 90K service and it was more conveniant for me to get them both done on the same day.

The other plus is that if you ask for a courtesy car they might give you a 250 B) :shifty:

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has abit of advice on a couple of questions I have.

Basically brought and 05 plate IS200 SE in November, its due for its first ever MOT (Three years old) and its intermediate service in March. Its got a full Lexus Service History and has only done 20,000 miles in three years, which i think is very low.

I'm going to book a service/mot at my local dealership and have been given a quote of:

£50 ->MOT

and around £190 for the service.

Does this seem a good deal wondering everyones veiws on it?

Ideally want to keep Lexus service history as a few years down the line think i'll have myself an IS250 in exchange.

Cheers in Advance

Manps

I Would say its expensive but you get that important Lexus stamp in you service history, also the MOT is quite expensive, I'm a tester and we only charge £30, but I suppose its more convenient to have it done in one go. We would probably charge around £80-£90 all in!, but like I said before you won't have that Lexus stamp, when when I was looking for an IS200 I wanted one with full Lexus history even though I'm in the trade (that says it all!!). With the low mileage and age of your car I would pay the extra for the service so you carry on the Lexus history but may be have it MOT'd some where else.

Hope this helps

shak

Thanks for the info, much appreciated..

20K service is a main service so not a bad price.

Its actually an intermediate service as the car has done 20,000 miles in three years and had its main service last year, thus its due for its intermediate one in year three.

Thats why i though £190 for an intermediate service was abit steep... but i want the lexus stamp so will go for it.

Cheers

Manps

I might think about putting the car in 1 month early.

Reason being that if they find any problems then it will be under the 3yr warranty, and the MOT wont be effected as they can be made out to be valid from the due date rather than the issue date.

Check your wheels for corrosion and get any changed (last chance)

Just a suggestion

I might think about putting the car in 1 month early.

Reason being that if they find any problems then it will be under the 3yr warranty, and the MOT wont be effected as they can be made out to be valid from the due date rather than the issue date.

Check your wheels for corrosion and get any changed (last chance)

Very good point........ ashamed i didn't think of it. :whistling:

Manps