Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Service Intervals.

jasear

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a lexus IS200 I just wanted to know the service intervals? The car I am buying has 60K odd miles on it and was last serviced at around 54k. The next service will be due shortly but I am just wondering if the next service due is the major service? If so what exactly happens in that service and how much does it cost?

The car is a 2000 Model. I know the cambelt on the IS200 should be changed evey 100,000 miles or 10 years which ever comes first. As it has only done 60 K do u still recommend me not taking any chances and get the cambelt changed?

The car has the SE spec with an auto gearbox. Has full service history. In your opinion what is it worth? i.e. how much should I be offering?

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a lexus IS200 I just wanted to know the service intervals? The car I am buying has 60K odd miles on it and was last serviced at around 54k. The next service will be due shortly but I am just wondering if the next service due is the major service? If so what exactly happens in that service and how much does it cost?

The car is a 2000 Model. I know the cambelt on the IS200 should be changed evey 100,000 miles or 10 years which ever comes first. As it has only done 60 K do u still recommend me not taking any chances and get the cambelt changed?

The car has the SE spec with an auto gearbox. Has full service history. In your opinion what is it worth? i.e. how much should I be offering?

Is every 10k and 60k is a big one, yes you should have the cambelt changed as it is now 6yrs and 60k as lexus found problems with the belt lasting 100k :D

Poss about £500-700+ @ lexus depending on what thay find, much cheaper @ independant Garage :D

Price sounds good but cambelt work is pricey.. if you bring up the subject try to get some off the price or ask him if he can get the belts and (things the belts are on, don't know what it is in english) looked at and replace if the dealer thinks it's neccesary, they advise 60k/6 years now but i ran mine to 100k without any problem and it still looked good, not like some of the horrors i saw on the forum once or twice ;)

Look for the quality of the tyres, and brake pads/warped disks and the spark plugs too, i see that more often being in a bad state on second hand is's than creepy belts.

Chipping of the paint and oxidation on the rims are also something you need to look close for.

Yeah id call the lexus dealer he got em checked, the guy should also have the name of the lexus employee who actually did the service.

Next time you check the car also check a lil paper to the left of the steering column (against the door) which tells at how many miles the car needs its next service (recomm. by lexus dealer) often the lexus employee who did the service writes some remarks on the back of that card about what things he needs to pay some special attention to at the next service. (and they are not the "by the book" things)

Just phoned lexus and they said they recommend the timing belt is changed every 6 years or 100,000 miles whichever comes first. They said it will cost £400 to get the timing belts changed! :whistling:

Can you guys tell me how you spent on getting the timing belt changed?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links