Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eye Brows Or Angel Eyes?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u had ever met me mate, i'm sure you wouldn't suggest that's how i am. just trying to poijt out why some people have found ur comments provocative.

I guess thats the problems with written words, its difficult to judge the intent. Sometimes what I write tends to come across quite rude and annoying.. where as in fact my intension was just to be rude and annoying.

Are you called Mark by any chance :question:

Nope.

:offtopic:

Sometimes what I write tends to come across quite rude and annoying.. where as in fact my intension was just to be rude and annoying.

I would have to say that was fairly obvious to every other member.

I had my suspicions about you for a while, and you have just confirmed them. :shutit:

We can now take it as read that you like to be rude and annoying and get back on topic

:offtopic:
Sometimes what I write tends to come across quite rude and annoying.. where as in fact my intension was just to be rude and annoying.

I would have to say that was fairly obvious to every other member.

I had my suspicions about you for a while, and you have just confirmed them. :shutit:

We can now take it as read that you like to be rude and annoying and get back on topic

Wozza, The Lex was a concious attempt at an image change/boost for him, and as i have said before, its not working B) Still a nova boy, and it shows :winky:

Oooh, didn't mean to start a row!

After reading everyones opinion, i still think they both look good! So still undecided!!!

:offtopic: I had a Nova once. Bag of ***** it was, sold it in under a week (when it ran out of petrol.) :offtopic:

Wozza, The Lex was a concious attempt at an image change/boost for him, and as i have said before, its not working B) Still a nova boy, and it shows :winky:

Slight contradiction there as surely a typical 'Nova boi' would be saying 'ahhh mate.. go 4da brows, fa angel eyez, spoiler, ripspeed grafix, neonz INIT.'

Besides Novas have largely moved away from that image, its been taken by the saxos and the corsas. If you see a nova now adays its likely to be granny owned 5door, an enthusiast owned minter, or like mine, a sleeper that beats sports cars and scares supercars.

Sorry still off topic, but i think the brow and angel eyes comments have largely run there course.

:offtopic: for the last time on this thread.

The Lex was a concious attempt at an image change/boost for him, and as i have said before, its not working B) Still a nova boy, and it shows :winky:
As has been said before many times,

"You can take the girl out of Croydon, but you cant take Croydon........"

Sorry still off topic, but i think the brow and angel eyes comments have largely run there course.
erm yes I think you have kinda killed that one.

on a more positive note.....

a sleeper that beats sports cars and scares supercars.

I take it from your above comments that it is quite a beast then with Supercar comparable performance ?

( 0-60 sub 5 seconds, top speed of 170+mph)

I think I can speak for many members here, it would be of good educational value for all a majority of

LOC Members if you start your own thread (in the correct forum on LOC) so you can tell us all about your

other car and the modifications it has with pictures to etc. Many of us modify our cars, & would love to

see how you have modified your 'Supercar Scarer'.

I await the topic in earnest :D

Besides Novas have largely moved away from that image, its been taken by the saxos and the corsas. If you see a nova now adays its likely to be granny owned 5door, an enthusiast owned minter, or like mine, a sleeper that beats sports cars and scares supercars.

I do agree that alot of nova's can be quite clean and there are alot of enthusiasts that look after them. Even my mates 2.1l Redtop Sleeper was seirously quick, but its stilla Nova and still a bag of **** as far as i'm concerned. But each is to there own! aAnd i doubt yours "scares supercars" infact i would love to see you try and scare my mate Ian's 500hp Evo!! :whistling: do be seirous!!

Oh yeh......... Go for the brows and if you want a set i have a set spare!! £20 and there yours!!

Tom.

Edited by Bazza
swearing

I'm still undecided on these eyebrows, they look cool on the 5 series, but that's cos they stretch right across the full length of the headlight, these ones keep making me think of the Saab 9-5 which I really don't like..........

I still think opening up the headlight and sticking them across the bottom would look awesome (if they can be made long enough to span the entire width) but I'm not sure I want to dismantle the lights as I'd probably make a mess of it!

You can buy them in 48cm lengths then cope them down in 3cm sections

Ahh, cheers mate, well that's that part sorted then! Just gotta figure out the taking the headlight apart part! Think I need to get hold of some cheap broken ones to practice first.......

If it were me, I'd go for the eyebrows.

Parthiban, go for it - you'll be fine. For the indicators, its a pity they don't do a white/amber LED like they do a red/green. Guess you could get it right with RGB leds but they tend not to be bright enough.

Wow - whats happened here? Just going through the posts......

Leave the f***ing things standard... :rolleyes:

Why? Why would you say such a thing in that way? Why swear and put a rolleyes at such an innocent question? I could understand "Neither for me" or even "They both look rubbish" if you wanted to express a more emphasised dislike, but surely you can't be surprised you've got a few peoples heckles up.

Apart from being offensive in that particular post, you are looking foolish now with your other replies. They appear as desperate retorts not valid discussion.

Firstly, didn't you pick someone up on their grammar or spelling a while ago? "There" is a belonging determiner in this instance so should have been "Their". Not that it bothers me - I make mistookes all the time and get my worms wrong. Just like you calling them "Angle eyes" earlier too.

Secondly, No - it hasn't ran its course at all. There's a few replies so that's it? Is it just because you've finished with it? You saying this will achieve what exactly? Actually, you could be correct seeing as You have pretty much destroyed it.

<snip>....or like mine, a sleeper that beats sports cars and scares supercars.

Oh dear. You are having a laugh now right? I've owned some fast cars in my time but never would I even think that.

Ever heard of nominative determinism? You do know Nova translates to "it won't go" in Spanish don't you? That's why they had to rename it to "Caribe"....

Ahh, cheers mate, well that's that part sorted then! Just gotta figure out the taking the headlight apart part! Think I need to get hold of some cheap broken ones to practice first.......

All you need is an oven mate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-q0SVALfus - clicky

That's an awesome link, cheers for that, they make it look so easy!

The other thing was that I've always read on here to scrape all the old glue out and then reseal - but they're saying to leave the old glue and reset in the oven.............has anyone done this? Obviously it seems a lot easier, but does it seal as well? I guess if they sell them like that it must work :)

The other thing was that I've always read on here to scrape all the old glue out and then reseal - but they're saying to leave the old glue and reset in the oven.............has anyone done this? Obviously it seems a lot easier, but does it seal as well? I guess if they sell them like that it must work :)

I can't say which is the best method but I used a heat gun on its lowest setting. I didn't scrape out, just reheated and squashed tightly. Just make sure it is nice and hot for the reseal.

By leaving in their own stuff, if its not quite sealed, you can always heat it up again to make it spread and squash tightly. If you sealed it yourself with something like silicone, you would have to redo the lot.

I do agree that alot of nova's can be quite clean and there are alot of enthusiasts that look after them. Even my mates 2.1l Redtop Sleeper was seirously quick, but its stilla Nova and still a bag of SH*T as far as i'm concerned. But each is to there own! aAnd i doubt yours "scares supercars" infact i would love to see you try and scare my mate Ian's 500hp Evo!! :whistling: do be seirous!!

Tom.

I hate that phrase 'its still a....' . You could describe any car like that.

I think youl find that a 500 brake evo would beat a supercar, as proven on topgear a while back. I can assure you mine does suprise the **** out of porsches and ferraris. Im in no doubt that they will beat me hands down in every respect, but when your driving a 80k supercar your not willing to go quite as far as someone in a £500 nova, just in case you do ****** up.

Edited by Bazza
swearing

I hate that phrase 'its still a....' . You could describe any car like that.

I think youl find that a 500 brake evo would beat a supercar, as proven on topgear a while back. I can assure you mine does suprise the F*** out of porsches and ferraris. Im in no doubt that they will beat me hands down in every respect, but when your driving a 80k supercar your not willing to go quite as far as someone in a £500 nova, just in case you do ****** up.

Will you start another thread please? It has been asked a few times now by Wozza and is unfair on B4Stoney who innocently asked peoples opinion and anyone else interested in this thread.

Look, you have a car that may be fast - scaring supercars in your words. Put enough mods on a lawnmower and it'll beat a supercar. Don't think its in the same league though. Said lawnmower would be on Topgear too.

BUT IT WOULD STILL BE A LAWNMOWER!

I don't think you will ever see that gap. If you are happy with that sort of competition then fine. To me, there is more to it than a fast piece of metal with a wheel in each corner.

You may not like the term "its still a Nova" but there is an implied meaning there - accept and deal with it but most of all please start a new thread about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links