Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

have you purchased in 5ltr bottle and have you noticed smoother running.

No mine is 500ml. Can't say I've noticed smoother running over the v-power, but mpg is better and I'm driving more normally now. Late for work today so sat at 86 in 6th 2000rpm, no real difference to the mpg 39.5. I'm now considering the spider tuning box which is supposed to give much increased lower down torque (Still hate the flat spot up to 1800rpm). They have a 220d test car running the unit, so will wait to see the results. Anyone tried a tuning unit in a 220d?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nate;sounds interesting,have you looked into issues with insurance and lex warranty.

Would have to notify insurance but spider cover the engine in event of damage caused by their unit (It's also plug n play, so can remove before service). Will watch out for them posting the 220d test results. They claim 216bhp with 80nm increase in torque. I don't hammer the car so not to worried out the clutch. Will be interesting to see the results of mpg on a motorway run.

nate;sounds interesting,have you looked into issues with insurance and lex warranty.

Would have to notify insurance but spider cover the engine in event of damage caused by their unit (It's also plug n play, so can remove before service). Will watch out for them posting the 220d test results. They claim 216bhp with 80nm increase in torque. I don't hammer the car so not to worried out the clutch. Will be interesting to see the results of mpg on a motorway run.

do you mean the spider or mpg for the dps4.earlier i was asking about smoothness improvement over std diesel.

do you mean the spider or mpg for the dps4.earlier i was asking about smoothness improvement over std diesel.

Mpg for the spider unit, on a run I would expect a big improvement due the increased torque.

DPS4 with std diesel has given me about 2-3mpg over v-power. This is the first time I've used std diesel in the car.

Mpg for the spider unit, on a run I would expect a big improvement due the increased torque.

DPS4 with std diesel has given me about 2-3mpg over v-power. This is the first time I've used std diesel in the car.

where and when will we be able to see the results for the spider unit and have you got increased insurance costed yet.

I contacted dieseltuning yesterday,they replied saying that they had a customer with a spider fitted and was a poster on a lexus website. He is going to send me the details.

Great, look forward to reading the results!

Driving average according to BC was 124kph (77,5mph) - except app.60kms was everything on the highway, where I went most of the time 145kph on cruise controll (90mph) - 135kph (84mph) according to gps

Most of the time strong head wind :(

Average consumption according to BC was 7,8 (36mpg) - I did similar trip last year and had similar BC result, but according the real calculation the consumption was 7,5 (37,6mpg) - I will se when I fill the tank.

I am satisfied, it is reasonable number.

And the way back should be even better, it is a down hill a bit. (and hopefully no headwind)

so, after the fueling calculation the consumption was 7.67 (36.8mpg)

the return trip - driving average 119kph, one 10minute traffic jam and no head wind (almost no wind at all) - consumption 7l (40mpg) which is great. Would be attacking 6 litres (47mpg) without the roofbox - perfect for this speed average.

On friday I go for 5th injector change and ecu remap.

PS: I never switch the aircon off and I have the lights always on.

Driving average according to BC was 124kph (77,5mph) - except app.60kms was everything on the highway, where I went most of the time 145kph on cruise controll (90mph) - 135kph (84mph) according to gps

Most of the time strong head wind :(

Average consumption according to BC was 7,8 (36mpg) - I did similar trip last year and had similar BC result, but according the real calculation the consumption was 7,5 (37,6mpg) - I will se when I fill the tank.

I am satisfied, it is reasonable number.

And the way back should be even better, it is a down hill a bit. (and hopefully no headwind)

so, after the fueling calculation the consumption was 7.67 (36.8mpg)

the return trip - driving average 119kph, one 10minute traffic jam and no head wind (almost no wind at all) - consumption 7l (40mpg) which is great. Would be attacking 6 litres (47mpg) without the roofbox - perfect for this speed average.

On friday I go for 5th injector change and ecu remap.

PS: I never switch the aircon off and I have the lights always on.

will you have a look at the injector and have the repairer show you a new one for comparison,maybe a photo.shame about the weather on your ski trip.

will you have a look at the injector and have the repairer show you a new one for comparison,maybe a photo.shame about the weather on your ski trip.

If I will have time for it I will ask

Do those of you that use the DPS4 stuff add it before filling up the tank? And I assume the "single" dose rather than doubling it? Do you use it with every fill up? Will go hunting for some tomorrow!! Thanks for the tip.

Do those of you that use the DPS4 stuff add it before filling up the tank? And I assume the "single" dose rather than doubling it? Do you use it with every fill up? Will go hunting for some tomorrow!! Thanks for the tip.

yes just before you add the diesel,ebay has best prices,i bought from faster on line.i use double dose every time.

• 3 months later...

where and when will we be able to see the results for the spider unit and have you got increased insurance costed yet.

Not sure when, the web site just says coming soon. I'll price up when if I decide to go ahead.

http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/

Has anybody heard anything about this unit or tried it? seriously considering getting one, just wondered if it was worth it