Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Budget

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was led to believe that the band g was only for cars registered after 06 and so anyone with an IS200 upto this point will pay the £210 a year. I know i'm paying my tax at the end of the month and it is still £210.

But the new budget will include anything made after 2001 so by by lexus

I think when you guys read the articles, you must have missed out the small prints and the little *

what Rikos saying is correct! any IS200 registered before 1 march 2006 is 210.00 a year!

and who ever is saying that we need to pay over 400 quid a year in this topic needs to read the articles carefully not just the big numbers.

stop making us (the lexus owners) feel that sad.

I think when you guys read the articles, you must have missed out the small prints and the little *

what Rikos saying is correct! any IS200 registered before 1 march 2006 is 210.00 a year!

and who ever is saying that we need to pay over 400 quid a year in this topic needs to read the articles carefully not just the big numbers.

stop making us (the lexus owners) feel that sad.

quoted fro the budget this year

Table A.8a: VED bands and rates for cars registered after 1 March 2001 (graduated VED)

2008-091 2009-10 2010-11

CO2 emissions standard CO2 emissions standard first year standard

VED band (g/km) rate (g/km) rate rate rate4 4

A Up to 100 0 Up to 100 0 0 0

B 101 – 120 35 101–110 20 0 20

C 121 – 150 120 111–120 30 0 35

D 151 – 165 145 121–130 90 0 95

E 166 – 185 170 131–140 110 115 115

F Over 1862 210 141–150 120 125 125

G Over 2263 400 151–160 150 155 155

H 161–170 175 250 180

I 171–180 205 300 210

J 181–200 260 425 270

K 201–225 300 550 310

L 226–255 415 750 430

M Over 255 440 950 455

1 2008-

In short anyone who has a post 2001 is200 will be paying 415 quid per year

Yep, I agree with the above. Have just read the official budget documentation. The new 13-tier car tax bands come into force from 1st April 2009 and cover all cars from 1st March 2001.

This means, an IS200 would be £210 this year and £415 next April (£430 in 2010)

an IS300 would be £210 this year and £440 next April (£455 in 2010)

Will obviously also affect every other Lexus model in a similar way.

Cheers

Phil

Will lexus step up their game to take into account these increases. Its bound to hit there selling options by having every car bar the 220d in the top 3/4 bands

sounds like im lucky to have bought a 2000 model! phew!

dam this goverment! robbing b :tsktsk: s! wheres all this money they keep taking from us (when we earn money, when we spend it, AND when we inherit it!) going anyway?!!! thieving scum! :megaangry:

the money goes into their own pocket! lol

so in the case of me selling the car (05 reg), the expected value will be really low because it sits right on the top of the road tax band...

thats kind of silly to me. but we can only follow what the government says.

Time to consider and move out the country :P

Looks like i'm back on the look out for a replacement for the lex what a :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

You just cant treat yourself anymore to anything nice it either gets stolen, vandalised or you have to pay through the nose for it!!

And to go on top i have just got my first speeding ticket!!!!!!!

And to go on top i have just got my first speeding ticket!!!!!!!
Naughty boy, Rik. What were you doing?

Speeding :tomato:

I was doing 43 in a 30 but it's one of those roads that is just a great long big straight with nothing on or around it about a mile before you get into a village and i was caught by a mobile camera. I never speed in the village at all but everyone sits at 40 on that road and there is no risk to anyone!

DVLA say mine is 233g/Km so does that mean i will be paying £300 :question:

This realy sucks as my neighbour with the BMW wins again :tsktsk: ffs

233g/km means you will be paying £415 from April next year, and £430 from 2010.

201-225g/km is the range for £300 tax next year.

Theres no way i will be able to justify £400 a year and also with another increase in petrol on the way.

It really winds me up that i may have to change and just shows that if you work hard and earn yourself something nice it will be taken away from you.

Seriously has there ever been a time before where a Government has taken so much in tax and failed to deliver so little?? I don't think so. Myself and everyone I know is so disillusioned with the last ten years - council tax doubled, crime up, uncontrolled immigration, human rights, soaring taxes, politcal correctness, handing our powers over to EU, crumbling transport infrastructure, best ever exam results but stupidest ever kids, prisoners released early because the prisons are full, people dying in our hosiptals because we don't clean them, rights of the minority outweigh the majority (why the hell do this government and its lackies hate our great country so much!!??), speed cameras, yobs ruling the streets.........

My mate is a signed up Labour party member and even he has had enough now....

:angry:

this is a joke i was really looking forward to buyin a is200 but i think i can see me investing in a push bike insted lest they cant charge me nout lol. oh well i think il be on the look out for a T,V,W or X reg is200

steve

Mine is registered 18-01-01 so I miss it by two and a half months, but I find this really annoying because I was planning to buy a newer IS200 next year, so thats that plan out of the window!!. This government is really ****** me off, its all tax tax tax, what have we got to show for it!!!!. They are encouraging a better life style for the rich, who won't think twice about paying £500 for road tax on a ferrari or a porche, while we (most of us) working class people have to sacrifice things that we enjoy having. it really annoys me!!!!!!!!. I think I might move abroad, I can't stand this country any more. We are certainly not the biggest polluters in the world but why are we having to pay all the green tax's, what about China, America and the rest of Europe, are we gonna save the plannet?, of course not!!!!.

A very annoyed shak!!!!!!