Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About 1jz-gte Conversion

Hey again guys. ive just wondered if anyone of u know any good 1jz-gte conversion topic where i can read about it.

Thx :)

Btw picking up my rims tomorrow, its the original lexus 17" rims but ive got em coated in black with a little touch of metallic :)

and later i might paint the brake callipers in gold ill post some pics when im done :)

Hey again guys. ive just wondered if anyone of u know any good 1jz-gte conversion topic where i can read about it.

Thx :)

Btw picking up my rims tomorrow, its the original lexus 17" rims but ive got em coated in black with a little touch of metallic :)

and later i might paint the brake callipers in gold ill post some pics when im done :)

Well um ive got the awnser ive needed about the conversion. anyway as ive said ill post some pics, we got the new wheels on today pretty bad picture thou. anyway next step will be eyelids and lowering springs.

82646-771734.jpg

Ive talked with Graham about it. its the guy that made the 1jz-gte VVti conversion. Theres alot others that has done this on different forums thou its not complete topics or missing pictures, but to make it easy i can list a few things that u have to do.

* 1jz-gte or vvti engine.

Gearbox: theres 3 different u can use i think. its the 6speed getrag one that is verry expensive and hard to source of what i know. and theres the r154 and another one.

* U will need an 3rd part ecu i think something like autronic, microtech, motec would work nice, surely it depends on what the mappers around u can program.

* Custommade engine mounts is a good investment if u want a good weightbalance of the car. otherways u can use the soarer mounts i think.

* Intercoolerpiping, exhaust.

* mate the propshaft with another one depending on gearbox.

Tbh the tricky part is the electrics, the wiring, u will need some wiring diagrams, and some kind of basic knowledge. And its not a walk on roses making these 2 ecu working together, ur dash will look like a disco :)

Some guy just switched the fuelpump for a different one and that made the fuellight start blinking, seems the is200ecu doesnt like other parts :)

Ive havnt digged so deep into this conversion yet but i know that it will take alot effort and beating to get it working. Thou as Graham and the others say *the electrics, Wiring etc is the fuzzy part* thou im gonna take a really deep look into the diagrams one day to see how the is200 wiring looks since its like 5 computers wired together it might be fun :) (ive heard theres like 18 pages)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey they.

Can anyone who has done it or looked into it give me a rough estimate of the cost of the complete conversion. Just out of interest for the future.

Presumably I could get £3000+ for my supercharged engine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links