Is200 Car Tax

just been to the parkers web site

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=16548

and its thrown up this for the is200.

Rates effective from March 2009

Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months Band

1 Apr 1999 – 1 Mar 2001 £101.75 £185.00

1 Mar 2001 – 1 Apr 2005 £228.25 £415.00 L

are we really going to be paying £415 if you have an is200 that was registered after 1st march 2001 ?

seems a bit excessive if you ask me. thats one heck of a tax hike.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we really going to be paying £415 if you have an is200 that was registered after 1st march 2001 ?

I've just checked the gov website

The Gov Link

This shows that all Lexus IS200 that are registered from 01-03-2001 to 23-03-06 (Which I think applies to all IS200's) will pay £210 for there road tax.

Any IS200's that are registered before 01-03-01 will pay £185

So there is no massive increase for us, hope this helps anyone who was unsure

Shak

Yes, unfortunately that's right... :(

How do you think I feel though? If my car had been registered 2 months earlier, my tax would be £200 instead of £455.

****** communist ****S :tsktsk: Roll on the Tories at the next election!

I've just checked the gov website

The Gov Link

This shows that all Lexus IS200 that are registered from 01-03-2001 to 23-03-06 (Which I think applies to all IS200's) will pay £210 for there road tax.

Any IS200's that are registered before 01-03-01 will pay £185

So there is no massive increase for us, hope this helps anyone who was unsure

Shak

That's not right mate - for next year yes, but April 2009 onwards will be big bills for virtually all Lexus cars, except those registered before 01/03/01 as you say...

Shak

My IS200 was registered in Dec 99. I almost feel lucky that I couldn't afford a newer one B)

i dont mind the slight price hike for this year, but next year is really taking the pish.

it looks they're just trying to price us out of driving cars instead of improving a pants and over priced public transport system.

maybe i'll just go out and buy a classic muscle car from the 70's with a huge v8 engine in it just to prove a point and not pay any tax.

also worth noting that the is250 boys/gals will be paying less than us next year.

Sorry people, you are right. Just did some googling and found this

Rates effective from 13 March 2008

1 Mar 2001 – 1 Apr 2005 £115.00 £210.00 F

Rates effective from March 2010

Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months First Year Rate Band

1 Apr 1999 – 1 Mar 2001 £110.00 £200.00 -

1 Mar 2001 – 1 Apr 2005 £236.50 £430.00 £750.00 L

Mine is registered 18-01-01 so I miss it by two and a half months, but I find this really annoying because I was planning to buy a newer IS next year, so thats that plan out of the window!!. This government is really ****** me off, its all tax tax tax, what have we got to show for it!!!!. They are encouraging a better life style for the rich, who won't think twice about paying £500 for road tax on a ferrari or a porche, while we (most of us) working class people have to sacrifice things that we enjoy having. it really annoys me!!!!!!!!. I think I might move abroad, I can't stand this country any more. We are certainly not the biggest polluters in the world but why are we having to pay all the green tax's, what about China, America and the rest of Europe, are we gonna save the plannet?, of course not!!!!.

A very annoyed shak!!!!!!

just curious to what sort of tax an altezza owner would pay seeing as its an import which should mean its exempt from the co2 rating as there is no offical co2 rating for it.

Does anyone know whether the CO2 rating changes if you do an LPG coversion?

Or alternatively, if I turbocharge our Prius, will that still cost £15 a year to tax? :P

Hmmmm... A few years ago a lot of hauliers registered their trucks in other countries, I wonder if the car could be permanently exported, foreign plates, foreign insurance....NO tax

Alternatively swipe the plates off a Polish car.....

just curious to what sort of tax an altezza owner would pay seeing as its an import which should mean its exempt from the co2 rating as there is no offical co2 rating for it.

I drive an Altezza

My tax was re-newed at the end of February, it cost me £165 for 6months :(

I had the car imported in September 2007

After a bit of reading into it, i am sure (dont hold me to it) but i think the only people who will be paying the £415 are the people with 06 registered cars that are still pumping out over 225g/km.

If you go here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...icle/DG_4022118,

got down near the bottom of the page and open / download the pdf file called "‘Rates of vehicle excise duty' (V149) (PDF, 158K)"

It has 2 defining boxes, one stating "cars registered on or after 1st march 2001" price for us indicates £210 for us.

The 2nd box below it stating " cars registered on or after 23rd march 2006" Price for that indictes £400+

After a bit of reading into it, i am sure (dont hold me to it) but i think the only people who will be paying the £415 are the people with 06 registered cars that are still pumping out over 225g/km.

If you go here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...icle/DG_4022118,

got down near the bottom of the page and open / download the pdf file called "‘Rates of vehicle excise duty' (V149) (PDF, 158K)"

It has 2 defining boxes, one stating "cars registered on or after 1st march 2001" price for us indicates £210 for us.

The 2nd box below it stating " cars registered on or after 23rd march 2006" Price for that indictes £400+

No mate, that was the original plan, and will be the way it works for 2008. However for 2009, it changes to being dated back to 1st March 2001 (basically from when they started recording CO2 emissions).

The thing that really pi$$es me off is that they are taxing people for cars they bought many years ago when no one talked about CO2 emissions, it would be fine if it was just going forwards as then I'd make sure the next car I bought was under the limit.

I guess they know that everyone will think the same thing, so they won't actually be able to bring in the extra revenue they so desperately need from this so they had to date it earlier............ :angry:

Slightly...but not much of topic :tsktsk: not only are they taxing the general public and the average joe blogs who drive..get a load of this.....NOW THIS REALLY F***S ME OFF...the ***** in the goverment are ABLE to spend up to £22,000 on furnishing their SECOND HOMES out of TAXPAYERS MONEY.!!!!!

So is this why we are paying more tax on cars so they can F*****G make there 2nd homes look the buisness.!!!!

Is it not good enough that most average people cant even afford 1 home let alone 2.!!!! but these scum bags can have the cake and eat it.....boy does this ****ty goverment make my blood boil......

the only people that can afford to drive big expensive cars are not gonna give to hoots whether the price is £500,£600,£950 they can afford it talk about screwing the working class and average joe.!!!

well thats my rant and rave for the minute....i need therapy....!!!!!!

the only people that can afford to drive big expensive cars are not gonna give to hoots whether the price is £500,£600,£950 they can afford it talk about screwing the working class and average joe.!!!

Yep, unfortunately that's exactly the reason - also why they extended the congestion charging zone to include chelsea, just before starting the £25/day charge..............they know those people won't buy different cars and they won't stop driving, so in revenue generation terms it's a sure thing.

Which is why it annoys me that it goes back to 2001, if I bought another car now I'd make sure it was under 225g/cm3, but I can't do anything about the car I bought over five years ago! :tsktsk:

Slightly...but not much of topic :tsktsk: not only are they taxing the general public and the average joe blogs who drive..get a load of this.....NOW THIS REALLY F***S ME OFF...the ***** in the goverment are ABLE to spend up to £22,000 on furnishing their SECOND HOMES out of TAXPAYERS MONEY.!!!!!

So is this why we are paying more tax on cars so they can F*****G make there 2nd homes look the buisness.!!!!

Is it not good enough that most average people cant even afford 1 home let alone 2.!!!! but these scum bags can have the cake and eat it.....boy does this ****ty goverment make my blood boil......

I certainly agree with you mate, it really takes the p*ss, and whats even more annoying is that we can't do anything about it. We are now working for the government and not for our selves!!!!, it also looks like that things are only gonna get worse for us, I was reading some thing on the internet and apparently some MP' want the road tax top band to cost £1800!!!!, where do they think we can get that sort of money from???.

I've also been looking in the autotrader to replace my IS200 next year, I was going to by a 53/54 plate IS200 next year, but with these road tax increases it isn't going to be affordable any more, so it looks like I'm going to the dark side, I think I'm going to have to settle for a BMW 320d se, the tax on that is only £150, but it doesn't quite have the same feeling as the IS :(

I certainly agree with you mate, it really takes the p*ss, and whats even more annoying is that we can't do anything about it. We are now working for the government and not for our selves!!!!, it also looks like that things are only gonna get worse for us, I was reading some thing on the internet and apparently some MP' want the road tax top band to cost £1800!!!!, where do they think we can get that sort of money from???.

I've also been looking in the autotrader to replace my IS200 next year, I was going to by a 53/54 plate IS200 next year, but with these road tax increases it isn't going to be affordable any more, so it looks like I'm going to the dark side, I think I'm going to have to settle for a BMW 320d se, the tax on that is only £150, but it doesn't quite have the same feeling as the IS :(

Yep i know mate has really given me the camel.!!!!!! £1800 for road tax...why dont you just bend us all over a table and F**K us all up the AR*E....

Im really thinking of leaving this country...what do we get for all the taxes....NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....ill work my BO*****S of so you can spend my/countrys money on doing your houses up..!!!

what gets me is that the extra dosh people are being fleeced for (on the basis its a "green" tax) is not ring fenced for those wind farm thingies but dissapears into the treasuries coffers.............It would be easier to bear if that was the case.............

My wife got a bill for income tax yesterday for 11 pence.............will pay it as they bankrupted a guy for 88p a few days ago...........

tis all upside down.

if 25% of people said nope and refused to pay the new RFL what would they do................