Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Difficult Gear Change – 5th To 6th

Hey matey, sorry to hear this, what exactly are you experiencing a crunch, a blockage etc?

not really a crunch, just very difficlut to get into gear, bit of blockage. I can get it in by jigging it a little, but it used to be so smooth.

I remember some bits about gearboxes from my mechanics college course, but not a lot! it could be a couple of things like - selector mechanism or synchro dog, normally its cheaper to buy a second hand gearbox than to have it stripped & repaired :(

Sounds like a selector leg , have you had the gearbox oil level checked ?? It might be advantageous to drain a bit off and put some "Slick 50" gearbox fluid in , remember to top it up fully before refitting the plug . (till its running out of the fill hole).

Regards

Paul.

Sounds like a selector leg , have you had the gearbox oil level checked ?? It might be advantageous to drain a bit off and put some "Slick 50" gearbox fluid in , remember to top it up fully before refitting the plug . (till its running out of the fill hole).

Regards

Paul.

thanks mate, i think i'll give it a go. PS Where is it located? The oil level and plug that is?

Regards

Paul.

thanks mate, i think i'll give it a go. PS Where is it located? The oil level and plug that is?

Sorry mate , its a ramp jobby and you should see two plugs on the gearbox , one on the very bottom - drain plug and one about half way up somewhere , this should be the fill plug , as I said , to check the level get the appropriate oil and it should come in a squeezy bottle with a straw type tube attachment , after removal of the plug squeeze the bottle and keep going untill the oil runs back out of the hole ( you could just use the Slick 50 ) FFS don't do this on a jack as its not safe and also you need the car level , while your there you might as well check the diff oil again = 2 plugs , 1 Drain and one fill , same as though till the oil runs out and its correct . O.K. hope this helps fella . If ya need any help P.M. me and I'll give ya my mob no ok . B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links