Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"smoked Out Ride" Fog Lamps

New toy I got for my IS in the US, smoked fog lamps with yellow lens, plus yellow HID (3000k) kit to make it even more yellow.

Before:

20080224picslexinteriorms1.jpg

After:

img5634hn3.jpg

img5637gk3.jpg

Here they are on their own:

e69a1vs5.jpg

I think they match better with my black headlamps, what you think?

Check my registry for the latest mods, link in the sig.

Personally think they look a bit too dark, how come you didn't just get the UK smoked fogs which match the headlights perfectly?

As long as you like them though, just ignore what I say! :winky:

Personally think they look a bit too dark, how come you didn't just get the UK smoked fogs which match the headlights perfectly?

As long as you like them though, just ignore what I say! :winky:

how much did the cost you?..mine have corroded at the back of the fogs and need a new set so am looking to buy a set/

cheers

My headlamps are JDM black ones, slightly different from UK smoked ones. The other problem is the later spec UK fog lamps use H3 bulbs, mine are HB4/9006.

I wonder if you can get a H3 HID kit which can plug into a HB4 socket?

how much did the cost you?..mine have corroded at the back of the fogs and need a new set so am looking to buy a set/

cheers

I got the pair for USD$330, which seems to be the going rate for a set on eBay.

they look better with the dark headlamps u have mate, but not my personal taste.

very expensive too if i'm not mistaken.....

as rob said, there are quite a few people who will swap theirs out for clear ones.

should have asked on my.is as they will happily swap thier yellow ones for a set of our clear ones and u just pay postage.

I would have if I can find a set, while US chrome ones are readily easy to come by, later spec OEM smoked/SportDesign US fog lamps seem to be very hard to come by, and again I will run into a H3/HB4 bulb compatibility problem.

I could have tried tinting the fog lamps myself, but with my skills and luck I probably end up screwing them up big time :whistling:

I guess I can sell my chrome ones on eBay, they seem to be going for a good price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links