Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Parthiban

Following on from my last thread, I'm looking to get a new set of tyres but not really sure what to go for. I've had Dunlop SP Sport 9000s on my car since new, and have been very happy with them, but not sure if there are others worth a look in.

The obvious choice is the Eagle F1 GSD3 as it gets raved about almost everywhere, but is it as good as reviews suggest? To add further confusion, there also seems to be a new one (the Asymmetric) that on paper appears even better.

Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Ultimately, should I stick with the Dunlops, switch to one of the Goodyears, or is there anything else I should consider? In terms of grip, they need to be at least as good as the Dunlops, but I'd be interested in tyres that can provide this but also provide a quieter more comfortable ride :)

Lol ask Lee_iceman about them in the snow!! awful.

But like i said on the other thread, Falken f452's and Toyo Proxes t1r's arent too expensive and good tires.

Try camskill.com i got some proxes from there and its great service.

Stav

go with the goodyears imo. and as stav said camskill is a great place to shop, i'd recommend them to anyone.

i was in shock when i received a text from them asking to reply either 1,2 or 3 (each number had a date), which would then decide as to which date the tyres were delivered. probably unnecessary, but cool not the less :)

Have had the Toyos T!Rs on for a while and grip very well in the wet

I was thinking of avoiding toyo as they seem to get hugely mixed reviews, makes me think they have quality control issues.......

Potenzas are worth a look too, much quieter than the F1's no noticeable difference in grip so far :)

Which bridgestones are these? I've driven a few ISs in the past with the ones that were fitted by lexus and found them really bad when compared to the oem dunlops i have.

So far think the F1 asymmetrics are in the lead, especially after the reviews in both the evo tyre test and the autocar tyre test........but interested to hear any more :)

Ive got pirrelli pzero rosso`s on mine 225/40/"18" they are really quiet and grip really well in the wet and dry...as for wear rate wont know yet.. :lol: only been on for 3 months

Had those on mine when I bought it.Grip was fine but the wear rate on mine was horrendous.

used Eagle F1's couldnt get hold of them when i changed last so went with an old favourite Uniroyal Rainsports, as good as the F1's same amount of grip with better grip in the snow (not that we had much)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport.htm

I also have a set of winter wheels with Nokian WR tyres, they are very good in the cold and snow, (had better be being winter tyres)

used Eagle F1's couldnt get hold of them when i changed last so went with an old favourite Uniroyal Rainsports, as good as the F1's same amount of grip with better grip in the snow (not that we had much)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport.htm

I also have a set of winter wheels with Nokian WR tyres, they are very good in the cold and snow, (had better be being winter tyres)

That's what I use,have had Rainsport for last 3 sets I think.They seem pretty good allrounders on my GS 300.

If you're going for the Goodyear F1 GSD3s make sure they're German-made and have a valid E-mark. Some retailers are stocking grey imports from China and Thailand which aren't suited for driving in Northern Europe.

I went for Falken 452s and was very impressed with the value for money. Don't think I'll be switching brands in the future.

Had the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics fitted yesterday and so far very impressed. Can't really say much about grip as haven't driven it much yet, and it's pretty dry but all feels fine. They're not as fancy looking as the tread pattern is quite ordinary so they just look like a normal set of tyres now.

The thing that surprised me most though is the road noise (or lack thereof). Obviously they're new tyres so I'll see how this goes over time, but they are considerably quieter than the Dunlops I used to have on the car........

If the tyres grip as well as the reviews suggest too, then these probably are the best tyres you can buy :)

312562531.jpg

Camskill.com

Add Blackcircles and Mytyres to Sparky's suggestion. Google cheap tyres, you'll find lots of websites selling tyres.

Its only worth buying tyres online if you can find someone local to you who will fit and balance them for a reasonable cost, also you got to factor in the fitting cost as well as the cost of the tyre itself when buying tyres online.

:sad: Unable to get Rainsport 1 at decent price, superceded by Rainsport 2 which are on backorder for size I require (275/35/18) Anyone used Falken 452/95y on a 300 sport?£127.49 each fitted via Tyretraders. Any feedback welcome.

I had Falken 452s on my Skyline and I thought they were great. I've also had Toyo Proxes and had no complaints there either.

What size on Skyline?

am on my second set of federal ss-595's v rated summer tyres and i can categorically state that they grip like the proverbial at silly speeds, wet or dry!!!! why pay silly money when you can have that much fun for £45.70 a tyre!!! ave a look

am on my second set of federal ss-595's v rated summer tyres and i can categorically state that they grip like the proverbial at silly speeds, wet or dry!!!! why pay silly money when you can have that much fun for £45.70 a tyre!!! ave a look

They are showing the superceded Rainsport 1 at £197+.When available I would pay only £139 for the new Rainsport 2 :excl: I put 275/35/18 into their system and it didn't show your feds for my size.I take it that your tyres are a smaller size.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links