Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deal Service Or Not Dealer Service

Hi, my 2001 IS200 is overdue a service now, it has about 43K miles on it and the last service was 36K over a year ago (before I bought it) it has a full Lexus service history. I'm on 2 minds of getting it serviced in a dealership and being fleeced or just getting it local (or by one of my mechanic friends) in Dublin.

I know logically I should let Lexus do it but will it be worth the extra $$$

Can anyone (in Ireland) recommend a Lexus garage to get it done on the Southside of Dublin. The previous servicing was done the other side of the city a good distance away.

Cheers.

Your car is well out of warranty. I'd go anywhere but my Lexus dealership personally, but that is just my opinion.

I reckon the privilege of the Lexus stamp in the service book is costly and unnecessary.

Others here will disagree.

I'd just go somewhere "reputable".

Timing belt due if you haven't had it done already - Lexus changed it from 100k or 6yrs to 60k or 6 yrs.

Good luck.

I've serviced my car at Lexus dealers since new, and I'll continue to do so - I've used independents in the past on other cars and don't find myself saving that much, and I much prefer paying a little more and having some extra piece of mind.........but as long as you're comfortable with the place you're having it serviced, I don't think there is a problem with it at all.

As mine is out of warranty i have mine done at a local garage and they do exactly what the main dealer would do on any given service schedule what helps me is that he services his mums IS so he knows exactly what/when to do it at a much more resonable price and stamps the book. :D

I dont think a dealer serviced car that is out of warranty is worth that much more.

I think the full dealer service history is a load of rubbish really. I'm very much of the opinion it's just something salesmen try to play on to give you lower part-ex deals if your car doesn't have one. Having said that, prices vary hugely from dealer to dealer. For a minor service within a 30 mile radius of where I live, the dealers charge between £120 and £310 for the same thing. I do however think that independant reputable garages tend to take more care though because they have more to lose if something goes wrong and they have to survive a lot on reputation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links