Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dei 530t 2way Total Closure

Ok we now have the following made

4 door looms push conector to single strand cables for termination to in door wires

2 main car looms 1 down each side terminated with push connectors to link to door looms

1 Relay loom for the mirrors to fold in (fingers crossed this will work)

Right i have been working dince my last post so no time to try the new ooms out, but today i finished my service work early and after a trip up A&E it was time to take some parts of the car

i have no made the front 2 windows work of the unit quite hapily and very easy now i have done all the hard work tracing the wires etc, this now gives us window roll up on front to windows one touch is also in there from the drivers door as well yes boys and girls drivers door 2 i was wondering about what would happen with this as to if it would work due to multiplex signals and seperate ecu for the windows but the clever people at lexus put a relay in the door which gets the feed from the ecu to trigger the switch automaticly thus one touch all round

the only issue at the moment which i will not be beaten on i have come this far is that the window will either roll all the way down or all the way up there is no stopping half way etc there is a solution just not found it yet.............

with regards to the negative lock output from the central locking wire i think to play it safe i will attach a seperate relay here with a 1amp fuse so that when the ignition is on tand you lock the door there is no chance it will accidently trigger the windows to roll up and close the mirrors if any of you are like me you drive into a roaugh area and you lock the doors (ok i hear you say surely this is a good thing windows are shut mirrors are in no one can get in) of course this little extra curcit is optional lol

i think these unit will be ideal for every one who wants the above features on there car and it is easy to do

let me know your thoughts guys

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read all of this tread with interest, but think it may be a little beyond my capabilities.

I would really like auto-closure mirrors thou - i live in a tight one way street and fold them in all the time anyway!

Does anyone (Geoffers possibly) know where i may be able to source the relay device required for the mirrors as i think i could wire it from the guide.

While im in the kick panel i'll cut the relevent door open sensor wires. So i can remove the key from the ignition and then close the window without it stopping when i open the door (or, more often, my passenger opens their door)!

hey Guys belive it or not this is reletively simple to do now, there are a few factors as to why its taken so long to get it done this way. like i wanted to use same unit to close mirrors this required a bit of hunting around but now i know what wires should do it once i can confirm it then i will post up the info

i also wanted to put connectors all over the place just to make it easy to put in and take out should i change cars or something break it then gives sections to check or more posible breaks catch 22 on that lol

the total closure geoffers designed is the simple way to do it and i think all the parts and a pre made timer puts it to about the same cost as one of these units....

hopefully finish it off this week and the thats done on to a boot build lol

Nice one Andrew.

Sorry to sound geeky, but don't you feel a good sense of achievement now?

Frustrating but worth it all in the end. Well done.

B4stoney - I'm trying to source a timer to attach to a relay but can't find a suitable one that will take the alarm trigger. I am still on the lookout though. (Not that its much help to you!!)

yeah it is good to finally get somewhere i mean i have been looking at doing this for a while but health issues also had slowed me down a lot but the effot has been worth it now, once i get it all in then i will be happy lol and im a prfectionist so all my looms have had to be dressed nicely in shrinkable braiding all joint soldered and heat shrunk you all know how it is lol

not that anyone will see my lovely cable work sob sob

alao i think stav posted a link to a commercial timer from CPC in another post, also i think the dei box will work as a stand alone without the windoews connected just the mirrors will try this another day though

Great stuff Einstein - not seen that one.

Their earlier model of this wanted a edge trigger. With a constant 12v high, the timer wouldn't stop. (I know you could put a cap and resistor to make it edge triggered but trying to keep it as simple as poss. for people)

Do you know if this is fine with a constant +12v on the trigger? Just looking for some decent info on it.....

Hi Geoffers...

You probably know about this one, but if not, here is one I have utilised before....

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?Module...224&doy=8m4

quite a useful little device..

John

Here you go Geoffers..

http://www.velleman.be/downloads/0/manual_mk111.pdf

although not a lot of detail..

Technical specifications:

5A output relay with dry switch-over contact

Pulse time adjustable between 0.5 and 5s

Pause time adjustable between 2.5 and 60s

Power supply: 12Vdc/100mA

Think I removed one of the pots and tweaked something when I used mine..

John

Ok been routing cables through car this afternoon both harnesses are in now down both side 3 out of the 4 doors have the wires in and working ran out of umph on the last door will do it later i think........

small problem though the negative output i though would work didnt feel like working the right way round, if i locked the door the windows stayed down however if i unlocked the door then the windows went up, so i may have made a mistake somewhere here i tried reseting the switches on the DEI boxes to change input polarity but that didnt have the reaction i wanted either infact it worked exactly the same so i think i need to find a new trigger wire in the footwell now

any suggesions for a constant negative in the foot well any one lol

hey right i have just been down to mplins as i needed a box and some more scotch locks so i thought i might as well grab that timer circuit from earlier the V27E was only 4.99 so a bargain lol

thats all built now but from what i can tell from the poor instuctions is that its a flasher circuit really

with no trigger input as standard its either on or off

will post my findings tonight

Hi all ok we have more success i can make all the windows roll up and roll down i have used a 2way RF unit to make it possible to change the staus of the unit from outside the car at meets etc

i have tried to wire the relay in but i seem to be having issues with the circuit from alarm into the Total closure system i think i just need to put a diode in there as it seems to be feeding back into the circuit i think as it sounds like its jumping the relays or the output from the central locking is a pulsing output i didnt think it was but stand to be corrected

hopefully geoffers can help me on this one

on another note good news i think the maplin unit will work for the mirror closure although its got dark so not sure if im going to go fit to confirm yet but here we go

if you buy the timer from maplin the mod you need to make is not to install RV1 But to use this 1M pot on the pules instead check the circuit and make the timer last for aprox 5-10 seconds depending on the usage you want for it

then you need a DPDT relay

connect the common to the common on the circuit along with a dedicated Ground feed to this pin to

i have used a feed from the central locking output in drivers doorvery low Milliamps but it does trigger a relay will ammend when i locate it in drivers footwell for now its the blue wire on the central locking loom

take a fused feed to the relay circuit and link back to the 12v input on the Timer circuit

take the N/O ouput on the DPDT a link to the GND input on the Timer circuit

Then connect the N/O the neagative feed on the DPCO relay (required for the mirror closure)

connect 12v fused at 1a to the other input on the DPCO Relay

Other 4 wires as per Geoffers Diagram paying attention to the NO/NC output

then wire it the same way as Geoffers diagram earlier shows

with the difference of you need to keep a permant 12v to the relay

I think thats all for now on that one now you can all tear me to pieces lol

oh all in all the whole thing to make work should cost less than 10quid plus a bit of solder some heatshrink and patience

I had mine set to take a negative pulse from the alarm, which then gave a 20sec feed to operate total closure on a previous car..

Glad the maplin kit worked for you... and to be fair, for only a fiver, it's a very versatile little device.. :)

John

To be honest.. the maplin timer relay is MKIII... earlier ones were different.

single trigger (neg/pos) one pot to vary the time hold for the output relay.. and one for the time before a re-trigger if set for auto triggering.. I removed this pot, so it just triggered once.

John

i have tried to wire the relay in but i seem to be having issues with the circuit from alarm into the Total closure system i think i just need to put a diode in there as it seems to be feeding back into the circuit i think as it sounds like its jumping the relays or the output from the central locking is a pulsing output i didnt think it was but stand to be corrected

Yes, it pulses, but straight square wave, never goes below ground. Have you put a diode across the relay to stop reverse emf from the relay coil? If not, add a small signal diode.

on another note good news i think the maplin unit will work for the mirror closure although its got dark so not sure if im going to go fit to confirm yet but here we go

Looking at the PDf Einstein posted (thanks E) this unit starts timing when power is applied, not when triggered. The trigger is taken off its own negative. Einstein, I guess your negative feed was to this unit which was turned on by the alarm system? This method may not work in the Lexus because we don't have a negative when armed feed. I say that with reservation because I never found one, but didn't look too hard as I used a different method. There may well be one. (Fingers crossed)

If not, you can get around it by cutting pin2 and adding a diode and 2 x resistor (one on the line, the other holding it positive), then connecting directly. Or get the timer Stav found.

connect 12v fused at 1a to the other input on the DPCO Relay

I don't mean to be pedantic here, but I found the current to fluctuate especially when cold and it blew 1A fuses. When I was testing, I had peaks close to 1.6a at times so although a 1A will take it, it will have quite a short life. I use 2A. I'll have to check the closure diagrams actually because I found this out after a week or so and may not have amended them.

The one i got from CPC worked exactly as Geoffers drawing, and just adjusted the pot till it was on for long enough. (plus the relay obviously)

Stav

I know you've got the timer from Maplins, but this seems a better option. As it triggers off the alarm, you have everything there, including the windows with additional relays.

All your hard work won't be wasted because of the educational content.

In saying that, when a particular path is taken, we've spent so much time on it, it is GOING TO WORK one way or another :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links