Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d Handbrake/brake Failure

andy07841

hi just to let anybody know.i put my is 220d in for a service last week.and got told that there is a recall/upgrade for the rear brake discs and pads this has resulted in them changing them for a new set under the 3 year warranty policy also had the 5th injector replaced and rear view mirror vibration sorted(this was all done by lexus chester)

hi just to let anybody know.i put my is 220d in for a service last week.and got told that there is a recall/upgrade for the rear brake discs and pads this has resulted in them changing them for a new set under the 3 year warranty policy also had the 5th injector replaced and rear view mirror vibration sorted(this was all done by lexus chester)

Hi Andy,

Is this an official recall as far as you are aware? I have had an ongoing complaint from April 07 relating to the handbrake. Lexus left documentation in my car dated from Dec 06 stating that it was a known fault, the production method had been changed in the factory and that if any owners take the vehicle in to complain that there is a field fix procedure. Just had the 30k service completed and they changed the discs and pads and carried out the field fix procedure. Sounds like an official recall but they never wrote to inform me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well guys, i asked Lexus Recall department today while i was sorting other things with them, and they said they dont have anything on computer regarding the hand brake recall, so Andy did you get a letter from Lexus to say about a recall or from the dealer? please let me know, as my hand brake dont hold the car every so often the first time i apply the hand brake, and it will take a few go before it hold, and i would like to get it fit under recall if its available..

thank matey.

Regards

Maz

Well guys, i asked Lexus Recall department today while i was sorting other things with them, and they said they dont have anything on computer regarding the hand brake recall, so Andy did you get a letter from Lexus to say about a recall or from the dealer? please let me know, as my hand brake dont hold the car every so often the first time i apply the hand brake, and it will take a few go before it hold, and i would like to get it fit under recall if its available..

thank matey.

Regards

Maz

WOW, i thought it was just me with this problem. I mean ive been driving 11 years so i certaqinly know how to put a handbrake on, but every now and again i find the car rolling backwards out of a parking space. i have to apply the handbrake so hard that i have difficulty in releasing it again.

• 3 months later...

thank matey.

Regards

Maz

WOW, i thought it was just me with this problem. I mean ive been driving 11 years so i certaqinly know how to put a handbrake on, but every now and again i find the car rolling backwards out of a parking space. i have to apply the handbrake so hard that i have difficulty in releasing it again.

hi guys all the work ( and letter come from lexus chester) and was sorted out,the car ended up having new brakes and discs all round due to a fault (covered on the warranty)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links