Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stock Is200 With Hks Hi Power Silent Soundclip?

Alantje

Is there anyone who has a soundclip of this exhaust on a stock is200?

I would like to hear the sound.

thank you

I've been searching for exacly that, but haven't found any. However, next friday I will get my HKS Silent HiPower muffler and make a great soundclip comparing it to the original muffler sound.

Cheers

thank you

I've been searching for exacly that, but haven't found any. However, next friday I will get my HKS Silent HiPower muffler and make a great soundclip comparing it to the original muffler sound.

Cheers

Hi lindblom,

It would be great if you could make inside outside soundclip for me (us here on forum) :) :winky:

I will wait for your post :)

btw is your is200 stock?

thank you

Cheers

Hi lindblom,

It would be great if you could make inside outside soundclip for me (us here on forum) :) :winky:

btw is your is200 stock?

Hi mate,

I'll gladly make a lot of sound clips and use the best of them in a small video. I was thinking of comparing inside; idle/revving/motorway cruising and outside; idle/revving/drive by. Stay tuned ;)

My IS200 isn't very stock, but concerning the engine nothing has be done to it. I used to have a K&N filter but Lexus replaced it with an original one the last time I had it serviced.

thank you

Cheers

Hi lindblom,

btw is your is200 stock?

Hi mate,

I'll gladly make a lot of sound clips and use the best of them in a small video. I was thinking of comparing inside; idle/revving/motorway cruising and outside; idle/revving/drive by. Stay tuned ;)

My IS200 isn't very stock, but concerning the engine nothing has be done to it. I used to have a K&N filter but Lexus replaced it with an original one the last time I had it serviced.

cool i will wait for your clip!

yeah i used to have a K&N panel filter, but the K&N filter might be more effficient + the hks exhaust :) and the sound of the panel filter might be different :)

alan

Finally!! My HKS muffler has arrived and can be picked up. I will record a few sound clips before I fit it and a few more when it's fitted.

It turned out to be rather expensive with the shipping (6000kr ~ £480)

paketjz3.jpg

WOW thats ahugeeeeeeeeeeeeee boxxx :P hahaa

where are the soundclips :P lol

Part 1: Stock muffler - http://www.garaget.org/video/72rc0w4tugxv

I've just fitted the HKS muffler and I'm completely satisfied with it :D When cold, it actually sounds less than the stock muffler. When driving there is absolutely no difference inside the car, but behind it the sound is really sporty in high revs. I might upload a temporary sound clip later tonight.

dsc0162rr1.jpg

dsc0170ey9.jpg

dsc0172cm7.jpg

dsc0175mf8.jpg

What a beauty :winky:

How did u fit that box in your Lex ?

I had to move the drivers seat all the way to the front and then bend the box in through the rear left door :P

hi,

sounds great, but u got the 4 cylinder is200 rite? it doesnt sound like a 6 cylinder..

we want more soundclips :D

4 cylinder IS200? I didn't know they exist, apart from the Altezzas. Mine's a 2L straight six. Of course it sounds a bit different in real life. The camera isn't that good and the video is compressed :)

More sound clips are coming. Stay tuned

What a beauty :winky:

How did u fit that box in your Lex ?

I had to move the drivers seat all the way to the front and then bend the box in through the rear left door :P

hi,

sounds great, but u got the 4 cylinder is200 rite? it doesnt sound like a 6 cylinder..

we want more soundclips :D

4 cylinder IS200? I didn't know they exist, apart from the Altezzas. Mine's a 2L straight six. Of course it sounds a bit different in real life. The camera isn't that good and the video is compressed :)

More sound clips are coming. Stay tuned

ahahaha lol,

well it might be the sound quality of the soundclip!!! :) but it sure sounds better in real life :)

i was just wondering, i just want as quiet as possible, but as u mentioned before it almost stock sound leveluntill you push the pedal down right? :) or only in high revs:) i think i am going to purchase one as well :)

but still wait for more sounds clips first :D

Alan

I have this exhaust and although i would never have gone for the silent myself (probably the super dragger, a'la Wozza) the previous owner put it on and i really rate it.

@Alantje it will be quieter that the stock one, most of the time. When warm and really pushing hard, it has a lovely little tone to it, but still not loud at all. And even with a supercharger, all the noise comes from under the bonnet!

looks well bling,bet you cant keep it that clean :)

It won't be quite that shiny for long!

I have this exhaust and although i would never have gone for the silent myself (probably the super dragger, a'la Wozza) the previous owner put it on and i really rate it.

@Alantje it will be quieter that the stock one, most of the time. When warm and really pushing hard, it has a lovely little tone to it, but still not loud at all. And even with a supercharger, all the noise comes from under the bonnet!

looks well bling,bet you cant keep it that clean :)

It won't be quite that shiny for long!

that is a very informative post of you :) thank you!!

i just want to hear the difference between stock and the hi power silent, i just want the comfort and dont wanna hear it when cruising, but it may be a little bit noticable when pushing hard and revving high :) ( it must be very subtile)

and it isnt a shame to let others know that there is a 6 cylinder under the bonnet :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links