Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200, Wet Look Detail

Lexus IS 200 140,000 miles on the clock

Gave the car a clay, wash and wax only as waiting to have some re spray work done on the rear of the car before going ahead with a full correction.

Have been using SRP and EGP up until now, but recently took delivery of Collinite 845 and some Meguiars #7 (waiting to use the #7 when the correction is done in a few weeks)

I wanted a wetter look with some good protection which is why I opted for the Collinite 845.

After washing and claying, instead of using SRP as a base I opted to try Simoniz Max Wax, which on the bottle states gives a high gloss finish whilst filling light swirls. This is the wax I used to use before discovering DW and it gave a good finish but with low protection, slighter wetter looking that SRP and it also feels the same to use by hand. I know it will be ok with 845 on top as tried on the girlfriends car 2 weeks back and thats going fine so far.

* Foamed with Karcher Foam Lance and Simoniz Shampoo in the Lance

* Wash with two buckets, Simonix Orange Wax n Wax, B & Q Grout Sponge

* Clayed with Meguairs Quik clay Kit

* Wash Again

* Dried with Sonus Der Wunder

* Hand Application of Simoniz Max Wax and Buffed

* Hand Application of Collinite 845 and Buffed (Another coat tomorrow to go on)

* Glass Cleaned with AG Fast Glass

* Tyres Dressed with AG Instant tyre dressing

Pleased with the outcome and the wetter finish, which is better than when I was getting using SRP EGP.

Thanks for looking, further write up to follow when correction is done.

Hard to tell from compressed pictures, but looks well.

You should look at Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite now that it's launched, under the Collinite.

As a pure glaze, it should give that extra depth and wetness we all strive for and desire.

Cheers for the comments, its all by hand, clay bar really helps smooth of the paint and makes it feel like glass.

I find the max wax polish very good for filling light swirls and give a good glossy base, then topped of with the 845 to seal in and add to the wetness.

Going to do a full rotary correction when I have the time and after the car has come back from the body shop to have some spraying done on the rear.

But this is the best shine/gloss I have got so far.

• 2 weeks later...

great job!

was your car heavily swirled?

did you find the product good. i noticed that the products you used filled in the swirls rather than remove them, was this what you wanted, rather than remove the swirls

B)

great job!

was your car heavily swirled?

did you find the product good. i noticed that the products you used filled in the swirls rather than remove them, was this what you wanted, rather than remove the swirls

B)

Hi finest1,

The car has pretty bad swirlage.

Yes the products worked well at filling the swirls, until I get round to machine polishing the car I wanted to fill them. Another product I have used is Meguairs "Last Touch" since this detail, which is awesome at giving the car a fresh waxed look after just a wash. Spray and buff off, after the car has been dried.

Going to post the write up when I machine the car in the next month or so.

Guest inicol63

PJS Sorry bud i agree with the dodo juice but not Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite instead try the "Dodo Blue" or "Dodo Purple" as Nightunit car is black.

I use Collinite 845.

If you are going to apply by hand then maybe two application are needed for the very best results or one if using g220 dual polisher.

But before using the above get your car some detailing clay this will finish the car off and once the above products go on your have not only the best glass finish your have depth as well.

Worse thing is once you start cleaning your car to this standard then you really notice the stone chips.

Finally Remember that the Lexus range has very soft paint work..

IAN

Have you got a full side on pic, not angled?

I have added a side pic mate.

Jus reference the Dodo Not looking to get anymore waxes until I have machined the car and when I do it will prob be a sample pot of Supernatural. I have since added Megs #7 Glaze and another coat of 845, then a final spritz and wiped down with Megs Last Touch, this has made it look better again very glossy with depth.

PJS Sorry bud i agree with the dodo juice but not Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite instead try the "Dodo Blue" or "Dodo Purple" as Nightunit car is black.

I use Collinite 845.

If you are going to apply by hand then maybe two application are needed for the very best results or one if using g220 dual polisher.

I'm not quite sure I'm with you.....???

LPL is a glaze/pre-wax cleanser, akin to Meg's #7, and others - I wouldn't advocate another wax under the Collinite, as it's carriers would in all likelihood, remove it.

And as much as I have a fondness for Dodo, they know that I consider the colour charging aspect as more of a marketing gimmick than pure substance.

Still, good products, with more to come, but I don't get hung up about car colour when it comes to recommending using their wax, since I've yet to see any difference on any colour of paint.

Hope that clarifies my earlier post.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links