Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Steering Issue

Aweb

I had posted here and it was recommended that i try here:

I have an Altezza RS200 Auto and i'm having some grinding noises coming from the steering when moving and stationary.

I'm not sure if its something that goes away as the car warms up.

When i get this grinding it is also generating noise in the speakers which is even more weird. I assume they are related...

I've done a search and the only sort of noises that i find reference to are whining noises which indicate a power steering issue e.g. fluid lower or broke pump.

The car is in the garage today so hopefully they will be able to find something... :S

Any guidance would be helpful!!!

I have a weird vibrating noise when I go from, say, 45 degrees or more left turn when straightening back up.

Only happens when straightening up from a left turn, not from right.

I wouldn't describe it as a grinding noise tho. My hunch is that it is something to do with the indicator cancelling mechanism.

Is this similar to you or not?

I posted the question before and got no response so I guess I will have to investigate myself.

its been in the garage today and apparently they think its likely to be some sort of nylon bush on the steering column or something simple like that.

Although that doesnt quite explain the interference generated from the speakers... :S

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links