Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

100k Service Done Finally

I finally got round to doing my 100,000 mile/10 year service on my IS200, actually it was overdue, have been trying to get this done but with the recent bad weather (I don't have a garage, so I'm using axle stands/trolley jacks on the driveway) and other commitments I've overshot the 10k/12 month schedule by 3k.

Items replaced: 6x geniune Toyota/Lexus (Denso iridium SK20R11) long life spark plugs, 1x K&N air filter, 1x TRD Sports oil filter, 4 litres of Eneos 5w-30 Fully Synthetic oil & 1 litre of Eneos 5w-30 top up bottle, 1x genuine Toyota/Lexus Waterpump, 1x genuine Toyota/Lexus Waterpump By-pass pipe and 2x 'o' rings, 1x genuine Toyota/Lexus Pollen/Cabin filter, 1x genuine Toyota/Lexus Alternator belt, 1x genuine Toyota/Lexus A/C pump belt, 1x genuine Toyota/Lexus Power steering pump belt and 5 litres of Toyota/Lexus Long-life Coolant.

I managed to source my replacement spark plugs, K&N air filter, Waterpump and TRD Sports oil filter from eBay. I bought my oil from Japarts, I've read some good things about Eneos engine oil so I thought I'd try it out and Japarts are the only ones who I could find that stock Eneos oil. I know the TRD Sports oil filter and the OEM oil filter from the dealers are identical/same (I read this on LOC), but I wanted to see for myself whether this claim is true. Also decided to replace the alternator, air con and power steering belts as they were looking cracked. The rest of the parts were bought from Lexus Leeds.

I struggled with changing the waterpump, mainly because it involved removing the bottom pulley and pulley nut, as most of you are aware the pulley nut is done up really tightly. Also struggled getting off the old oil filter, mainly due to lack of space. I got my uncle to change the waterpump and oil filter (he is a mechanic by trade, so this was a doddle for him to do). I didn't want to break anything, so having an uncle who is a mechanic comes in handy. Changing the spark plugs, air filter, pollen filter are easy, same goes for draining the oil. I'm no mechanic, I work in IT- this is the 3rd service I have done on my car now and so far I have found the IS200 an easy car to work on (apart from changing the waterpump and oil filter!).

Changing the Waterpump and By-pass pipe with the two 'o' rings have solved my coolant loss problem, so if you are suffering the same problem, I'd check the by-pass pipe and 'o' rings for coolant loss.

A long post, but thanks for reading- I've found doing my own servicing not only saves me money (labour charges), but also gives me a satisfaction that the service is done properly, as I get all my work checked by my uncle who is a mechanic/MOT tester by trade.