Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wozza's Brake Calipers...

DJ Wozza

I feel like a pizza but I'm allergic to cheese.

A mate of mine can't stand cheese, but he just orders a pizza with no cheese. They don't consider him mad so other people must do it as well I reckon. Just check the box before you pay and moped disappears into the distance eh?

Nev

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after sticking the decals on i applied a few coats of clear laquer to stop them peeling off.dont know if they ever do but thought it was a good precaution.

That's good to hear. I did the same last week.

Reassuring to know it's not just me being barmy :wacko:

TG

Lexus2D they look spot on. :D That's made me consider grey/silver now as apposed to black.

Gosh Thanx :blush: i had silver with black decalls on my old lex but like this colour better :)

gallery_20836_356_279756.jpg

Anyway (back on topic) the finish on the calipers is almost like a proper powder coat. You like it ?

Do you like the chrome decals too ?

Bit of a late response (I don't usually check this section) but they look exactly how I want mine to look. I'd already decided on red but hadn't ordered the stickers because I couldn't decide whether to go for white or chrome.

Chrome it is!

Also, a mate of mine with a Mitzubishi FTO has referbished his own wheels and they look pretty good so I'm planning to do mine. I currently have the standard, silver, 5 spoke oem wheels but I'm going to do them in a really dark grey kind of colour. Should look cool with red calipers I reckon B)

Reminded me......I have a set of the chrome ones I got years back....

Wonder if I'll ever get round to putting them on . ;)

all the painted calipers look good on this thread. got to do mine again soon as im not happy with the matt finish.

am i the only one that sanded off the groove/lip on the face of the front calipers? done it with the dremmel!!

do they sell the caliper stickers in the shop? are they the curved or the straight. ive just supplied purvesh some curved chrome ones. im too lazy to look. lol

all the painted calipers look good on this thread. got to do mine again soon as im not happy with the matt finish.

am i the only one that sanded off the groove/lip on the face of the front calipers? done it with the dremmel!!

do they sell the caliper stickers in the shop? are they the curved or the straight. ive just supplied purvesh some curved chrome ones. im too lazy to look. lol

I don't think there are any chrome ones left in the LOC shop. They are straight, here are the chromes on my black calipers. How much are you doing the curved chrome ones for Neil?

post-19263-1194275485.jpg

thebrakes.jpg

oh right. well they would work out to £8 a set delivered. £7 a set for standard colours.

at present i can only do them for the is200, unless they are the same calipers throughout the range, but if anyone wants to donate some time measuring for another model il knock some off.

Quick question regarding the rear caliper. Have you guys also painted what looks like the spacer? has anyone got a picture of the rear wheel caliper painted with the wheel off still so I can point out what I am talking about?

Cheers, Ry.

Thanks wozza, it does show what I was talking about. The hub/spacer where the wheel itself actually bolts too! the 5 spoke wheels show it off alot more than yours so I was curious if people had painted that also.

brakecalipers3jc1.jpg

That's what i'm chatting on about.

Quick question regarding the rear caliper. Have you guys also painted what looks like the spacer? has anyone got a picture of the rear wheel caliper painted with the wheel off still so I can point out what I am talking about?

Cheers, Ry.

Ry, check out this tutorial posted by SteJ in which he also paints the part you are talking about. He chose a kind of matt grey colour that wouldn't distract from the caliper or alloy.

clicky-> Caliper painting by SteJ

Sample pic from that thread:

hubwh5.jpg

Wozza...looks good. Great job.

I was considering repainting my calipers red. Since thats the color they were when I purchased the car. But after many DIY threads and time of thinking, what I wanted to do. Well I ended up buying a 2nd set of used calipers. So I can clean them up, sand down to get a smooth look. Then going to the powdercoating company and get them done.

I like stickers, but not for me.

Great job Wozza - you inspired me to finally do mine.

I had a set of stickers I ordered from Steve over a year ago that I had planned to put on my old black IS. I couldn't remember what colour they were but had a feeling they were white - so painted the calipers black.

Came to put the stickers on and was chuffed to see they were the chrome ones :)

rubbish pics but I forgot to take pics with the rims off.

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links