Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question about the Automatic IS Shifting (E-Shift), please h

Hey guys, yesterday my older brother got his brand new silver BMW 325 XI (AWD). I really must complement is because it is awsome. He has a automatic and one thing I noticed was his many options for shifting. Obviously, he had regular auto shifting, a auto-sport shifting (quicker, faster shift) and then a MANUAL shift as well.

It's similar to the way the Automatic IS 300 has E-Shift so you can still manually navigate threw the gears using the buttons on the steering wheel. Now heres the question:

He shifted by moving his Shifter to the left (that activated manual shift) and then by pulling the shifter back it went high gear, shift up it went low gear. Now, in the Automatic IS 300 w/ E-Shift, can you also use the shifter to navigate threw gears as well as the buttons on the wheel? Or can you ONLY shift manually threw the wheel buttons?

NOTE: This is the dumbest question I have ever asked but I'm not sure about whether the Auto IS 300 has it or not. I don't own the IS yet, waiting for the 2003.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! The Q shouldn't be too hard to answer :D

Hi lil IS 300,

As far as I know, the only way to manually shift the automatic IS300, is by using the E-shift buttons on the steering wheel. The IS300 doesn't have the extra shift-gate like BMW, Audi and others.

You can however prevent it from selecting a higher gear than chosen down at the shift-gate. This is selected by 3-2-1 position. This can be used kind of manually, but I don't think it is intended used the same way as a manual shift-gate. If you select for instance third, it will work as a normal automatic up to that.

Rgds,

LavaIS

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links