Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220/250 Owners

Tony-Bones

In our continuing research into the IS220/250 chassis we are looking for donor cars for free measurement/calibration/ correction at our expense.

This offer is only open to registered/ Gold LOC members.

Parameters

1> We will measure the chassis and correct any deviations at our expense

2> All data relating to the car will not be released (outside of wim) in any format, including index or ownership details

3> Acquired data will belong to wim

4> Acquired data and/or future use of this data will belong to wim (other then #2)

5> You are invited to watch/witness/ and be as involved during this data acquisition as you feel fit

6> Final results (solutions/data) will belong to wim

7> No Geometry calibration reports will be given to the respective owner, witnessed or not

Cutting out all that legal rubbish, all we are looking for is your 220/250 to establish a LOC platform at the chassis.

I am Tony but the idea was to come and see you - not to get something for nothing.

I'm more than happy for you to strut your funky stuff on my car, but expect to pay. There's far too many people taking advantage these days.

I am Tony but the idea was to come and see you - not to get something for nothing.

I'm more than happy for you to strut your funky stuff on my car, but expect to pay. There's far too many people taking advantage these days.

I'll second that. I don't mind you keeping the data Tony - I just want to make sure that my car's set up properly.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, new member struggling to navigate this, fingers crossed eh?

I have a 220d (18K miles) and the front tyres are wearing unevenly - outer edges wearing faster than central zone. I have been told that I need to check the pressures... well duh!

I note that this in not uncommon, in the history on this site I came across this:

There is a problem with the 'dynamic' geometry on the IS200 and IS300, you can go back to Lexus every week and they will not solve it for you! reason is that all dealers have to respect the 'Lexus' set-up, but this is in error. If you track back here in 'Wheels and Tyres' you will see how to resolve your problem........ if not send me a PM and i will

Seems to me this is more likely the cause (apparantly Maserati's are set up for the track and exhibit similar problems). I am not a Leadfoot Lenny, I get 39mpg so other than slightly over inflating the tyres would be interested in some more info on the above, try as I might I cannot figure out how to follow the thread. The tyres are Potenza's and seem pretty good. Rears are fine.

Thanks in anticipation,

David

In our continuing research into the IS220/250 chassis we are looking for donor cars for free measurement/calibration/ correction at our expense.

Parameters

2> All data relating to the car will not be released (outside of wim) in any format, including index or ownership details

4> Acquired data and/or future use of this data will belong to wim (other then #2)

5> You are invited to watch/witness/ and be as involved during this data acquisition as you feel fit

7> No Geometry calibration reports will be given to the respective owner, witnessed or not

Cutting out all that legal rubbish, all we are looking for is your 220/250 to establish a LOC platform at the chassis.

• 10 months later...

I have a 220d (18K miles) and the front tyres are wearing unevenly - outer edges wearing faster than central zone. I have been told that I need to check the pressures... well duh!

I note that this in not uncommon, in the history on this site I came across this:

There is a problem with the 'dynamic' geometry on the IS200 and IS300, you can go back to Lexus every week and they will not solve it for you! reason is that all dealers have to respect the 'Lexus' set-up, but this is in error. If you track back here in 'Wheels and Tyres' you will see how to resolve your problem........ if not send me a PM and i will

Seems to me this is more likely the cause (apparantly Maserati's are set up for the track and exhibit similar problems). I am not a Leadfoot Lenny, I get 39mpg so other than slightly over inflating the tyres would be interested in some more info on the above, try as I might I cannot figure out how to follow the thread. The tyres are Potenza's and seem pretty good. Rears are fine.

Thanks in anticipation,

David

Parameters

did you resolve this

Thanks in anticipation,

David

Parameters

did you resolve this

Resolve what?

Thanks in anticipation,

David

Parameters

did you resolve this

Resolve what?

Tony

It was more aimed at David with the problem of outer tyre wear

I have just got a 220d had 4 new tyres fitted so was wondering whether to get geomtry sorted

I am sootylfc from your site

Thanks in anticipation,

David

Parameters

did you resolve this

Resolve what?

Tony

It was more aimed at David with the problem of outer tyre wear

I have just got a 220d had 4 new tyres fitted so was wondering whether to get geomtry sorted

I am sootylfc from your site

Oh i see.... Well David did you get this sorted?