Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 Geometry Settings

TigerFish

My '96 GS300 Sport is booked in to Lexus Derby on Friday for a full geo setup. Does anyone know what the geo settings should be set to for the mk1 Sport? I want to make sure they don't set it up as per the non-sport model.

Cheers

They did say they had both. Just wanted to double check really. Will get printouts and post up when the job is done. Would've liked a trip to you good self but time is at a premium at the moment and can't get to Hemel for the forseable.

They did say they had both. Just wanted to double check really. Will get printouts and post up when the job is done. Would've liked a trip to you good self but time is at a premium at the moment and can't get to Hemel for the forseable.

No worries i understand..... If you can make the results visible we/i can validate them for you :)

OK, got the car back. The print outs are barely readable let alone scannable to put up here but I'll write down what I can figure out and see what we can pick the bones out of. Green - In tolerance, Red - out of tolerance. The rear readings are the ones that still concern me the most.

Front Left before:

Camber Tolerance 0°40' to -0°50' Reading -0°44'

Caster No Readings

Toe Tolerance -0°01' to 0°10' Reading -0°06'

Front Right before:

Camber Tolerance -0°50' to 0°40' Reading -1°13'

Caster No Readings

Toe Tolerance 0°10' to -0°01' Reading -0°03'

Total Toe -0°09'

Not sure what this reading is -0°02'

Rear Left Before:

Camber Tolerance -0°10' to -1°40' Reading -1°55'

Toe Tolerance 0°06' to 0°17' Reading 0°14'

Rear Right Before:

Camber Tolerance -1°40' to -0°10' - Reading -2°09'

Toe Tolerance 0°17' to 0°06' Reading 0°25'

Total Toe Tolerance 0°12' to 0°34' Reading 0°39'

Thrust Angle -0°05'

Front Left After:

Camber Tolerance 0°40' to -0°50' Reading -0°45'

Caster No Readings

Toe Tolerance -0°01' to 0°10' Reading 0°04'

Front Right After:

Camber Tolerance -0°50' to 0°40' Reading -1°13'

Caster No Readings

Toe Tolerance 0°10' to -0°01' Reading 0°04'

Total Toe 0°08'

Not sure what this reading is -0°00'

Rear Left After:

Camber Tolerance -0°10' to -1°40' Reading -1°57'

Toe Tolerance 0°06' to 0°17' Reading 0°14'

Rear Right After:

Camber Tolerance -1°40' to -0°10' - Reading -2°12'

Toe Tolerance 0°17' to 0°06' Reading 0°22'

Total Toe Tolerance 0°12' to 0°34' Reading 0°36'

Thrust Angle -0°04'

Sorry it doesn't read a bit easier :(

Is the car lowered?

Sort of. The Sport model is 25mm lower over standard. The previous owner put non-sport springs on so it was raised back up. I put springs on (which are 25mm drop as far as I was told) so it should be back to where the Sport model should be. Is it looking like that is not the case then? Are the tolerances the right ones for the Sport?

Is the car lowered?

Sort of. The Sport model is 25mm lower over standard. The previous owner put non-sport springs on so it was raised back up. I put springs on (which are 25mm drop as far as I was told) so it should be back to where the Sport model should be. Is it looking like that is not the case then? Are the tolerances the right ones for the Sport?

Pretty much..... Didn't they try to adjust the the cambers?

Is the car lowered?

Pretty much..... Didn't they try to adjust the the cambers?

I queried this when I picked the car up. According Lexus Derby (not sure who they use for the geo setup as it is not on site) the camber is not adjustable. The manual I have on pdf says that for the front, camber, caster and Toe are adjustable, and just camber and toe on the rear. Having just been under the car this afternoon, it certainly doesn't look like the eccentric cams on the front have been touched. Not sure with the rears. Overall, not happy with the results as the rears seam to have more negative camber than I started with which I can only assume will make the inner wear even worse (which was the main reason it was in there in the first place).

You are correct, the chassis is fully adjustable.... As things stand now it's "bye bye tyres" anytime soon.

Get them to invite you back to correct the obvious, also since you payed for a full Geometry it would be nice if they measured the castor angle!!

If you need support pm me a contact number and i will help.

The car is booked back in for this Friday to have the job done again. I will print the workshop manual pages that deal with the geo adjustments and leave them with the car for the people to use. Do you mind if I leave a WIM number with them too if they need to use it?

The car is booked back in for this Friday to have the job done again. I will print the workshop manual pages that deal with the geo adjustments and leave them with the car for the people to use. Do you mind if I leave a WIM number with them too if they need to use it?

Not at all.... The number in wim web contacts page is direct to me, feel free to give this to them.

Not at all.... The number in wim web contacts page is direct to me, feel free to give this to them.

Nice one Tony. Much appreciated. If they still don't get it right, I will be booked in to you as soon as pos and I'll bring them with me :lol:

Nice one Tony. Much appreciated. If they still don't get it right, I will be booked in to you as soon as pos and I'll bring them with me :lol:

Just tell them we are involved in the results as is LOC... I'm not interested in belittling anyone only helping, if the tech is having issues then call i will help.... "Team work" still exists in this selfish world we live in.

Progress of sorts. The camber has been corrected on the front right so I get all green boxes for the front on the printout (bar the caster which they don't appear to be able to measure so is grey). The car has to go back again next Friday for the rear. The bolts and cams for the rear adjustments have seized and Lexus want to order some new ones to have on standby just in case any break while they swing on them to release them. There was me thinking getting the geo sorted would be a relatively pain free process :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...

Still no joy on getting the rear camber sorted. Car went in last friday and came back still the same. They got the nuts undone, but the bolts are "rusted" to the collars going through the rubber bushes. They didn't want to try to hard to turn them incase they split the bushes and ruined the suspension arms. Anyone got any experience in freeing up the adjusters or am I destined to have to fork out £500 on suspension arms? Does anyone make after market polly bushes for the Mk1 GS's?

Still no joy on getting the rear camber sorted. Car went in last friday and came back still the same. They got the nuts undone, but the bolts are "rusted" to the collars going through the rubber bushes. They didn't want to try to hard to turn them incase they split the bushes and ruined the suspension arms. Anyone got any experience in freeing up the adjusters or am I destined to have to fork out £500 on suspension arms? Does anyone make after market polly bushes for the Mk1 GS's?

WD40 or plus gas is your only hope i'm afraid.

• 1 month later...

WD40 or plus gas is your only hope i'm afraid.

Gave that a go last week. No joy unfortunately :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links