Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Quick Question

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before:

When breaking between 65-60mph (no matter which gear i'm in) the steering wheel judders slightly. However everything is fine before and after the 65-60mph range?

To be honest it only vibrates slightly and is more of an inconvienence because the car is so smooth at any other breaking speed. Aditionally the breaks do squeal sometimes aswell??

As the car is under warranty until the end of this year, its probably worth me paying a visit to the nice folk at Lexus Derby.

Anyone have any ideas-suggestions on whats causing the problem so i can act like i know what i'm talking about when i go to see them?

Cheers in Advance all.

Seized callipers seem to be quite a common problem on here and that's what happened to mine. At first I experienced the same problems as you when braking but later it started to shake when I reached a certain speed, whether braking or accelerating.

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

I've booked it to be looked at by Lexus, (warranty should cover any work i assume/ and i hope lol)

Cheers

99% it'll be the wheels out of balance. Get all four wheels balanced as I had the same problem on a BMW and four different tyre places balanced the front wheels to no avail. When I asked for all four wheels to be balanced problem solved.

99% it'll be the wheels out of balance. Get all four wheels balanced as I had the same problem on a BMW and four different tyre places balanced the front wheels to no avail. When I asked for all four wheels to be balanced problem solved.

If it was wheel balancing it would happen whether you were braking or not. Just to be awkward id say its 99% likely to be warped discs. :P

If it was wheel balancing it would happen whether you were braking or not. Just to be awkward id say its 99% likely to be warped discs. :P

Eek. I read it quickly and missed the fact that it happens when he brakes. Disregard my wheel balance comment.