Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Open Sprint Day 02/11/08

Dave-Ellen

I bought a helmet for £50 a few months ago, specifically for track days, for use with the kit car on the motorway and i do alot of Go-Karting also. I would rather have my own helmet than use a rental one as some of the ones i have used over the years have been :sick:

You can pick up a entry level helmet from a motorbike shop for £30+, and then may get you doing more track days as well. :)

Jason :P

good point, however most trackdays insist that you wear a Crash helmet conforming to BS6658 Type A ( blue & white BSI sticker), AFR ( red & white BSI sticker) or Snell SA2000.

most motorcycle helmets are not conforming as they have a different type of use standard applied !

you can buy proper conforming helmets for around £70 from demon tweeks etc

the ones rented out are generally in very good condition, are sanitised before, and you can wear a under helmet balaclava underneath if you have lice or greasy hair :lol:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a helmet for £50 a few months ago, specifically for track days, for use with the kit car on the motorway and i do alot of Go-Karting also. I would rather have my own helmet than use a rental one as some of the ones i have used over the years have been :sick:

You can pick up a entry level helmet from a motorbike shop for £30+, and then may get you doing more track days as well. :)

good point, however most trackdays insist that you wear a Crash helmet conforming to BS6658 Type A ( blue & white BSI sticker), AFR ( red & white BSI sticker) or Snell SA2000.

most motorcycle helmets are not conforming as they have a different type of use standard applied !

you can buy proper conforming helmets for around £70 from demon tweeks etc

the ones rented out are generally in very good condition, are sanitised before, and you can wear a under helmet balaclava underneath if you have lice or greasy hair :lol:

Mine has Certification, thats why i paid a little more...........well £50. :) Thought that would probably be the case so thats why i forked out a little more and got one that is approved.

Mine was £175, reduced to £50 because it was last seasons model, nothing has changed on the new model apart from the colour scheme. :) My bro has forked out over £400 on a simpson helmet (same as the stigs!!!) but i find the one i have much better as the visabilty is 100% better than his, even he said the same! :P

Just a quick one..........anybody know what the db limit is for this track, although if Bazza can use his Starlet any other car will be fine!!! :P

102db i think !

the starlet is now down to about 95 db at 3/4 revs :whistling:

except when its running full boost and exhausting through the screamer pipe, at that point its any ones guess, but you cant actually measure it, i havent been stopped yet

Just a quick one..........anybody know what the db limit is for this track, although if Bazza can use his Starlet any other car will be fine!!! :P

102db i think !

the starlet is now down to about 95 db at 3/4 revs :whistling:

except when its running full boost and exhausting through the screamer pipe, at that point its any ones guess, but you cant actually measure it, i havent been stopped yet

Thanks Bazza, mine will be fine but just thinking if my bro does come along his is around 115db at 3/4 although his has been dropped of today to have a full race system made up so should be alot lower than what it is at present. :whistling:

This is looking to be a good day, well worth the 200+ miles each way :crying:

THE EVENT WILL NOW TAKE PLACE ON 2/11/2008.

I NEED TO SEND A DEPOSIT ASAP SO CAN I ASK YOU TO SEND £90 TO MY PAYPAL ADDY

prolexuk at gmail dot com

I'll mark you up as having paid on the first page :winky:

Come on Guys (& Gals :winky:) there must be more people interested in doing this...

For a start its a great price, its in a 'central' location......its probably the safest track day you could ever do - you're the only one on track, so no chance of any shunts, no nasty armco, you can do it at your own pace with no one in front or up your rear pushing you over your limits.........plus the food & drinks van serves some excellent grub :lol:

Plus the best bit of all.........You get the chance to try and beat one or two girls :whistling:

Need those who have expressed an interest to slip me the cash ASAP

Would like to see some of the modded IS's there

Yemgi.................Rotrex Dave............Adrian..........all not far away !!

Its a bit of fun and you can see how well your car goes and handles safely

Would a diesel be allowed? I would obviously SMOKE everyone on track :P

Dude, im taking my oil burner.

Dave I will sent funds today.

I will also contact Maneesh to get him to pay up.

Janey, maybe there could be a post in one of the general forums to forward people to this post?

Would a diesel be allowed? I would obviously SMOKE everyone on track :P

Dude, im taking my oil burner.

Dave I will sent funds today.

I will also contact Maneesh to get him to pay up.

Janey, maybe there could be a post in one of the general forums to forward people to this post?

excellent

Done :winky:

Dave - could we add a special little Micra to the list please :whistling:

Done :winky:

Cool, should attract a bit more interest as not everyone reads all the forums

Dave, can you please confirm if you got my payment please, as I got a message saying the payment had been canceled for some reason but it show in my payment history as being sent.

EDIT, Dave, I have just checked my bank ac and c/card ac. Looks like it has been sent twice. Can you please send the first one back please, (2KP25587ML7051515 sent at 10.51)

Thanks

Dave, can you please confirm if you got my payment please, as I got a message saying the payment had been canceled for some reason but it show in my payment history as being sent.

EDIT, Dave, I have just checked my bank ac and c/card ac. Looks like it has been sent twice. Can you please send the first one back please, (2KP25587ML7051515 sent at 10.51)

Thanks

will check tonight

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links