Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scan Gauge Obd 2 Reader

jason_l

Hello All,

Im currently in talks with suppliers and im looking at setting up a group buy on the Scan Gauge2 (OBD 2 reader).

I meet up with a few Ford Focus owners last night and one of them had this fitted to his car and after having a little play with it, its just fantastic!!!!!!!

Its basically connects to your car via the OBD 2 connection that all cars should have after 2000. it shows the information that is being read through your ECU and displays it on the screen. If there is any error lights displayed on your dash it will also tell you what the error code is and after you fix the problem you can even use the device to clear your error code from the cars ECU. It also can read MPG, throttle position, engine temp, MPH, revs, trip computer, air intake temp etc etc and displays these all on the screen.......... :whistling:

Im trying to get as many names as i can now and go back to the supplier with numbers, the ffoc currently are doing a group buy and they paid £80 each delivered for the unit, the more people we get the more i can try and get the price down for us.

here is the info from their website...........

ScanGaugeII - The 3-in-one Automotive Computer

The ScanGaugeII is an extremely compact automotive computer designed to read and display information about your vehicle in real time.

Simply connect the ScanGaugeII to your vehicle through it's OBDII port using the included cable, turn the ignition key and the ScanGaugeII automatically connects to your cars internal computer - it's that simple

The ScanGaugeII allows you to troubleshoot your own car, read error codes (DTCs), and the conditions present when the error occurred. You can also turn off the "Check Engine" light and avoid those costly trips to the mechanic.

Reads Trouble Codes

Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code

Clears Trouble Codes

Turns off the "Check Engine" light

Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing

Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes

to send to the vehicle computer

Display 4 gauges at a time from the 12 built-in digital gauges. the information is presented in Real-time!

Fuel Economy

Fuel Rate

Battery Voltage

Coolant Temperature

Intake Air Temperature

Engine Speed (RPM)

Vehicle speed (MPH/KMH)

Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)

Engine Load

Throttle Position

Ignition Timing

Open/Closed Loop

TRIP COMPUTER

Automatically tracks four sets of trip data - Each with 11 individually stored parameters.

Maximum Speed

Average Speed

Maximum Coolant Temperature

Maximum RPM

Driving Time

Driving Distance

Fuel Used

Trip Fuel Economy

Distance to Empty

Time to Empty

Fuel to Empty

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_1999_Aqua.jpg

IMG_3212_M.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

any more info can be found here..........Scan Gauge 2

Jason :P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like it, but sounds a little too sophisticated for that sort of money perhaps??

they could do with tarting it up a bit as it looks a bit boring, but if it can do what it claims then i'd have one, price depending.

Is the display illuminasted? Presume it is but can't see any mention of it.

I guess it'll fit a 200 reg IS200 with no problems then?

like it, but sounds a little too sophisticated for that sort of money perhaps??

they could do with tarting it up a bit as it looks a bit boring, but if it can do what it claims then i'd have one, price depending.

Is the display illuminasted? Presume it is but can't see any mention of it.

I guess it'll fit a 200 reg IS200 with no problems then?

Saw it working on a ford focus and read everything apart from air intake temp as he didn't have a sensor, i was very impressed with it. it doesn't affect the ECU just reads the data stored on it, so will display everthing the ecu holds???? not too sure what data is kept but the unit can read air temp, coolant temp etc etc, as long as the ecu is reading the data from certain sensors then it will display it.eg it can't read air intake temp if the car doesn't have a sensor to read it! So if the lex has all sensors it will display all readings.

as for illumination...............pick a colour... :whistling:

scangauge_colors.jpg

i also have a 2000 reg lexus is200, im told as long as the car has a OBD 2 port then this unit will work!

It just depends on what the Cars ECU sends to the OBDII on the IS though you can read intake temp, inlet pressure and things like that.

Theres a few things on the market that do this job. Some look better than others but i may be interested depending on price.

Stav

i thought there may be other products out there, this one looked like quite a clean easy to use unit and most group buys have a price of about £80 delivered for them!

I like the Greddy one, but as you say it doesn't read the codes and is also car specific! the scan gauge one will fit ANY car with the OBD 2 connector so can be taken from car to car.

Will see if we can get a deal on the mirror mounts as well Stav.

The group buy may take a few weeks to get everything set up but by that time i think we should have a few members interested so should be able to get a really good price! :unsure:

Had company from eBay get back to me, if we buy 20 units then price will be £105 each (delivered). price is ok, think it could be better though so im going to try the states :unsure:

Had company from ebay get back to me, if we buy 20 units then price will be £105 each (delivered). price is ok, think it could be better though so im going to try the states :unsure:

it's 169 USD delivered from scan gauge directly in the US, but that excludes international orders! :crybaby:

Had company from ebay get back to me, if we buy 20 units then price will be £105 each (delivered). price is ok, think it could be better though so im going to try the states :unsure:

it's 169 USD delivered from scan gauge directly in the US, but that excludes international orders! :crybaby:

Ford focus owners club got it for $149.99 delivered from them and i have the details of who gave the discount so i am going to contact him direct! :shifty::whistling:

EDIT:::: Just double checked and they paid an extra $25 postage each on top of that price!

I have found a company here in the uk that supply them and they have said they will do a 10% discount for Lexus Owners Club, i think this is going to be the best route as they can send the item straight to you rather than going through me. It also means that the warranty will be valid as we have bought direct from a UK supplier.

If we get them from the states we also run the risk of getting stung by the vat and duty also!

It's not bad, im after a OBDII reader. The only other thing that i require though is that it can read the outputs and produce it like a graph. I don't think this device is made for this, although it is very compacted and is good for bringing up info with a few button presses and no laptop required. I mean the OBDII reader i have in mind costs @£35 which connects into a laptop to give me all the info i need with the help of software. This is a bit more expensive, but is compacted.....hard deciding which i should go for lol. But anyway, put my name in, if the price is resonable then maybe i will be intrested. Oh one more thing, how is this powered? is it via the lighter socket or batteries? Also starting to see some Bluetooth ones showing up, could be interesting... If i end up getting it i would spray it with satin black.

Ok, i have spoke with someone from OBDuk and they are going to give us 10% discount.

they have the scangauge II on their website for £116 + £6 postage next day.

So final price will be..........

Scangauge II £116 -10% = £104.4 + £6 next day delivery = £110.40p

Scangauge II plus BlendMount £145.95 -10% = £ 131.35 + £6 next day delivery = £137.35

This will be the easiest way as people can buy them as and when they want, there will be no minimum or maximum amount we can buy with the 10% discount but the units will be sent straight to you guys rather than waiting ages for international shipment and getting stung on customs charges.

It will be supplied with a 1 years warranty also.

I will soon get a discount code from them and i will let you know when i have it, you will need to contact me for the code. i have removed names from the group buy as there is no point in posting them up, if people are interested in getting one of these just PM me and i will give you the web address and discount code!

I will be buying one of these units at the end of the month and will post up in this topic what i think of it.

Ok, i have spoke with someone from OBDuk and they are going to give us 10% discount.

they have the scangauge II on their website for £116 + £6 postage next day.

So final price will be..........

Scangauge II £116 -10% = £104.4 + £6 next day delivery = £110.40p

Scangauge II plus BlendMount £145.95 -10% = £ 131.35 + £6 next day delivery = £137.35

This will be the easiest way as people can buy them as and when they want, there will be no minimum or maximum amount we can buy with the 10% discount but the units will be sent straight to you guys rather than waiting ages for international shipment and getting stung on customs charges.

It will be supplied with a 1 years warranty also.

I will soon get a discount code from them and i will let you know when i have it, you will need to contact me for the code. i have removed names from the group buy as there is no point in posting them up, if people are interested in getting one of these just PM me and i will give you the web address and discount code!

I will be buying one of these units at the end of the month and will post up in this topic what i think of it.

maybe this could be posted up in the gold members section??

The only thing holding me back from going with anything expensive from USA is the pesky customs duty, been stung enough times thinking i'm getting a good deal on things :o

The only thing holding me back from going with anything expensive from USA is the pesky customs duty, been stung enough times thinking i'm getting a good deal on things :o

Thats what was stopping me from importing a load from abroad, there are savings to be made but if you get stung through customs then its just not worth it! Also warranty is not valid so any problems and your stuffed!!!!!

Anyway, i have the 10% Discount code now which can be used on the scangauge 2 and the scangauge 2 and mount bundle. people interested can contact me via PM for it.

I have been intrusted with this code and can only give it out to LOC members, any abuse of it and it will be taken away for good!!!!!!

Although driving back from london and looking at my mirror i don't know if the mount will work on the lexus mirror?????