Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weathershield Car Covers - Top Of The Range!

Amazing group buy for an amazing cover!

The "see thru bit" over the number plate is designed to show US licence plates. So this is how it looked when I got one from Sewell's for the GS.

80339457_A32p6-M.jpg

Oh this is how it looked on my GS Sport - Tigerfish - you might want to spec out a cover which is designed to be fit the rear boot spoiler (there was that option on the mk2 GS cover that I ordered for my Sport)

80339853_6aDya-M.jpg

80339582_SvztF-M.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good maneesh.

yea, the number plate window is designed for US plates, but that really isn't an issue to be honest. my plate shouls all be visible (private plate so less characters) and either way i don't think its that much of an issue.

spread the word if possible guys. the more we get , the cheaper they are!!!

:tsktsk: it, put me down for one aswell please Rob, are we likely to get stung by Darling? I need urgent shipping, in time for winter will be fine.

Where will you guys put the cover when its not in use?!

:tsktsk: it, put me down for one aswell please Rob, are we likely to get stung by Darling? I need urgent shipping, in time for winter will be fine.

Where will you guys put the cover when its not in use?!

Mine lives in the boot B)

bag1bt4.jpg

bag2gs1.jpg

@LennyLexus, good man, name's added.

Shipping/Customs

The only slight issue i have is regarding customs charges. They can't 'under estimate' the cost of the item and it won't be labelled as a gift. so i guess there may be a customs charge. I don't know exactly how that works and how much it'll be, but it can't be a great deal to be honest.

My other idea was to have the covers all shipped to one UK address (mine i guess) and then i distribute them out accordingly. This way, we will save a packet on international shipping. BUT, i don't know how this'll work with customs....i.e i don't wanna get done with all of your customs bills!! :lol: :shutit: if anyone can advise about this then that'll help iron out the facts.

so the group buy seems to be getting some good numbers. lets keep it up!!

A bit more news:

As stated, i can get these covers for all Lexus makes. However, the Group Buy numbers are specific to the car make - i.e the IS numbers are a seperate entity to the GS etc etc.

So if we only have say 1 GS cover wanted and 5 IS covers, that'll be 10% off the GS price which is $223 (so $200.70) and 10% off the IS cover price (so $225). The numbers cannot be combined.

@LennyLexus, good man, name's added.

Shipping/Customs

The only slight issue i have is regarding customs charges. They can't 'under estimate' the cost of the item and it won't be labelled as a gift. so i guess there may be a customs charge. I don't know exactly how that works and how much it'll be, but it can't be a great deal to be honest.

My other idea was to have the covers all shipped to one UK address (mine i guess) and then i distribute them out accordingly. This way, we will save a packet on international shipping. BUT, i don't know how this'll work with customs....i.e i don't wanna get done with all of your customs bills!! :lol: :shutit: if anyone can advise about this then that'll help iron out the facts.

so the group buy seems to be getting some good numbers. lets keep it up!!

customs will charge 8% + normal vat

hope that helps

8% of the US price plus 17.5% of the US price in VAT? so 25.5% charges?

if thats the case its about $50-60 which is roughly £25-30. Thats not too bad to be fair. Even though i'd rather they swiveled!!

what if they are all sent to one address? is it the addressee that cops the bill or can it be done otherwise? how does customs charge you? a bill in the post?

8% of the US price plus 17.5% of the US price in VAT? so 25.5% charges?

if thats the case its about $50-60 which is roughly £25-30. Thats not too bad to be fair. Even though i'd rather they swiveled!!

what if they are all sent to one address? is it the addressee that cops the bill or can it be done otherwise? how does customs charge you? a bill in the post?

if they are all sent to 1 address then yes the addressee cops the bill,in that case you just divide the charges out.

as regards to how customs charge you,you'll either get a letter through the post(it'll be on the parcel if you have been charged or not) or it will be kept aside until all charges are paid,it really depends on how much the total package is worth.and you never know it could slip through and you wont get charged it just depends how backlogged they are

Parcelforce will send a letter out the day after customs apply the charge to the package. You can then either go direct to the depot, pay the charges and pick up the goods, or pay by card and they'll deliver to you the next day.

Delivering to one address and then splitting the costs seems the most sensible way.

Parcelforce will send a letter out the day after customs apply the charge to the package. You can then either go direct to the depot, pay the charges and pick up the goods, or pay by card and they'll deliver to you the next day.

Delivering to one address and then splitting the costs seems the most sensible way.

maybe so, based on numbers the customs charge may be a fair bit if we have a lot of covers coming over so everyone will have to be prompt with customs contribution payments so there will be no delays at customs.

anyways, its not worth worrying about at the minute to be honest. lets get as many people involved and when its time to start paying for the goods we can all come to an arrangement that suits everyone,

rob

Good News!!!

I did a bit of baragin busting, and the Group Buy offer is now applicable across the range. There is no individuality between the IS and GS etc covers as sepearate group buys. They are now all part and parcel of the same one!! :winky: :D B)

So, by my reckoning, we are in the 15% discount range already, with 5 IS covers and one GS.

This should hopefully inspire others to put their name down and we have a chance at getting to the 16 count.

Cheers

Rob

hope that helps

can you tell me what is made out of so i can tell you what customes will charge you as a import....

8% sounds to high

hope that helps

can you tell me what is made out of so i can tell you what customes will charge you as a import....

8% sounds to high

its pretty much a polyester outer shell with an acrylic foam middle layer and a soft material inside layer to protect the cars paint.

thought 8% may be a tad high, but its still not much when you consider the savings we'll make.

you gonna have one as well mate :whistling:

Hi Guys,

Well, i've spent the last week in talks with a US Lexus distributor regarding car covers for the IS200/300. Basically, i was fed up at leaving the car for a weekend and coming back to dust city, bug poop mess and water marked paint/windows. So, i thought i'd do something about it and go for a car cover.

Now when looking around and making A LOT of phone calls, it seems that these things have multi purpose uses that i hadn't even considered:

- Good idea if kids/people passing by the car (helps prevents scratches etc)

- Theft deterrent - more time consuming to remove cover and be off with the car (covers are cable locked in plaxce for added safety)

- Prevents frustration from the elements after just washing the car.

So i set about trying to find something that was GOOD QUALITY, SAFE ON THE PAINT, SECURE, HIGHLY BREATHABLE AND WATER RESISTANT (its important to note that nothing can be fully breathable and waterproof, but 95% is achievable) and most of all TAILORED TO FIT.

I came across several companies and the upshot was that if i wanted the best, i would be looking at a Weathershield Cover and a price tag of a cool £350-£370 (excluding cables and lock, and p&p). Please feel free to call around if you don't believe me on this one. There are, of course alternatives which are lesser quality, semi-tailored, but still run £170 +.

So, across the pond i went, and i have managed to organise a group buy price on these little beauties:

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=87344

87344.JPG

87344_2.JPG

87344_3.JPG

They are OEM Lexus IS300 FULLY TAILORED Weathershield Car Covers, with the Lexus Logo embroidered onto the cover. They also have a clear window at the rear so the number plate is readable with the cover on!!

They are THE BEST on the market in terms of function, durability and ease of use.

So, the important bit, what's the cost??

Well this is the deal:

1-5 Units = $225 (~ £120)

6-15 Units = $212.50 (~ £113)

> 16 Units = $200 (~ £105)

Plus, $53 (~ £28) for shipping within the week.

So if anyone is interested, then please add your name to the list and we can sort this out in the forthcoming weeks.

Lets set a deadline of June 4th for those interested and we can get them ordered then.

Its worth mentioning that these come with the cable and lock set to help secure them. Additionally, as some may be aware, the US spec IS300 has very slightly deeper front and rear bumpers, but i have been assured they will still fit our IS200 like a glove.

IS200 Covers

1. Rob (Rob's Lexx)

2. Mat (Monster Mat)

3. Purvesh (Purvesh81)

4. John (imperial1952)

5. Lenny Lexus

GS300 Covers

1. TigerFish - GS300

2.Terry Moore -GS430 -2005

Cheers

Rob

Hi, i'll have one B) for that price.just let me know where and when,cheers Terry :P

its pretty much a polyester outer shell with an acrylic foam middle layer and a soft material inside layer to protect the cars paint.

If your description is correct then it isn't the Lexus one that I have....are you sure? Mine is a single layer of breathable, waterproof fabric and as I said before like parachute ripstop.

thought 8% may be a tad high, but its still not much when you consider the savings we'll make.

you gonna have one as well mate :whistling:

Commodity code 5902 20 10 00

# Of polyesters

# Impregnated with rubber/foam

* 5.60%

thats what you will need, when you fill out the customs form

@Tango, not sure to be honest. just going off the blurb on the website.

These are OEM Lexus Products, manufacturered with weathershield material.

I saw them myself last year in the states when i went over and to me, they appeared very much like parachute type material.

looks like we're looking at only 5'ish % customs then. That's a goodun.

@Terry, good man. The more the merrier. :D :D

straight from the horses mouth so to speak:

"Genuine custom fit Car Cover made of Gray Premium WeatherShield Material

for the best protection of your vehicle. Features include license plate

window to view license number with cover on, side mirror pockets for

correct fit over vehicle, an integrated storage bag for convenient

storage, and a heat resistant material patch around exhaust pipe to

prevent material damage from the vehicle's hot muffler pipe.

Genuine Lexus OEM Item."

Genuine Lexus OEM Item."

Yep, same as mine (that I bought from Sewell Dallas)...it's a single layer of fabric with a bag attached, velcro closing.

Good work Rob. TBH I'd personally pay the 6-15 quantity price (only £8 difference compared to next tier) - but the group buy is for the benefit of the Forum so the 4th it is :rolleyes:

Genuine Lexus OEM Item."

Hi i,m No 4 on you're list wanting a cover.

One thought that i've had is - does it take account of the roof mounted aerial which

my IS 200 has ?

Hi i,m No 4 on you're list wanting a cover.

One thought that i've had is - does it take account of the roof mounted aerial which

my IS 200 has ?

Good point! From looking at the pics it looks like you've goto take it off and on each time :unsure: