Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weathershield Car Covers - Top Of The Range!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure to be honest. never thought of it to be fair.

sure tango or rob can advise on this as they have one for their IS

Sorry...my 200 doesn't have a cover, only the IS250 and guess what? No aerial..it's in the rear screen. Not sure if the IS300's in the States have a whip aerial or not..but you're going to have to take it off before fitting the cover.

yea figured it'd just be a case of removing it before fitting the cover. only a 5 second job anyways. couldn;t imagine any cover being made to accomodate an aerial as sealing up the hole would be an issue - meaning water would easily get in.

i've sent an email asking anyhow for those interested.

just had conformation, the aerial needs to be removed prior to fitting the cover. 10 second job. :winky:

Just read the blurb on the Weathershield site and they suggest making a small hole for the aerial :crying: . They even provide 'grommets' which presumably stop the edges of the hole from fraying.

The cable and lock is an option btw, the covers come with a length of what's described as 'tie down cord' for the loops in stitched onto the bottom edge...one each side. I just tie the cord to one loop, pass it under the car and attach to the other, although in normal weather and use the elasticated and tailored fit are adequate to keep the cover in place.

cheers for the heads up matey.

don't think i'l be cutting my cover for a damn antenna :lol: :shutit:

i might be able to get away with not removing it at all as its only a 1" stubby numer. will have to try a test fit and see!! can't wait for these bad boys!!

The cable and lock is an option btw, the covers come with a length of what's described as 'tie down cord' for the loops in stitched onto the bottom edge.

Have you managed to haggle the lock into the deals aswell Rob? :whistling:

The cable and lock is an option btw, the covers come with a length of what's described as 'tie down cord' for the loops in stitched onto the bottom edge.

Have you managed to haggle the lock into the deals aswell Rob? :whistling:

tis just a padlock i believe mate. will have a word but sure they mentioned something about it in the initial correspondence.

so it has a pocket for the antenna?? i'm not fussed either way but just trying to clrify for others. my contact said it should be removed, but the pocket mentioned in the blurb may be referring to the base mount part of the antenna.....

IS200 Covers

1. Rob (Rob's Lexx)

2. Mat (Monster Mat)

3. Purvesh (Purvesh81)

4. John (imperial1952)

5. Lenny Lexus

6. Robin H

GS Covers

1. TigerFish - GS300

2. Terry Moore - GS430

Cheers

Rob

oow nice price, defo having some of this action ;)

please pm me closer to the time as I find it hard keeping track of things on here :lol:

IS200 Covers

1. Rob (Rob's Lexx)

2. Mat (Monster Mat)

3. Purvesh (Purvesh81)

4. John (imperial1952)

5. Lenny Lexus

6. Robin H

GS Covers

1. TigerFish - GS300

2. Terry Moore - GS430

Cheers

Rob

oow nice price, defo having some of this action ;)

please pm me closer to the time as I find it hard keeping track of things on here :lol:

Hi Robin,

You were interested in one from a group buy that mike morse was trying to set up a year or so ago IIRC? Wasn't he wanting £250 odd per unit :shutit:

told ya this was a bargain folks!!

just had conformation, the aerial needs to be removed prior to fitting the cover. 10 second job. :winky:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I agree, it only takes seconds to remove the aerial and i'm still interested in buying one. Let me

know the cost when youve done the deal.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I agree, it only takes seconds to remove the aerial and i'm still interested in buying one. Let me

know the cost when youve done the deal.

no problem mate.

yuor name is on the list and we're currently at 8 people so thats 15% off!!!

8 more and we're at 20% so spread the word.

Just to re-itterate, these are available for ALL LEXUS MODELS at the same discounted rate!!!

Friendly note: Could eveyone whose put there names down be available to pay Rob as soon as the deadline expires (I'm sure Rob will let us know which methods he prefers). There's nothing more annoying than someone being uncontactible and holding up our order!

Thanks guys...

not sure how payments are going to be sorted as of yet. it may be easier for everyone to sned payment direct to my supplier via paypalor equivalent with discount code that they are getting for me.

That way i don't have to worry about not getting funds on time etc etc blah blah.

anyways, i'll pm each of you closer to the date and we'll sort it all out.

in the mean time.....come on folks, you know you want one of these :winky: :whistling:

not sure how payments are going to be sorted as of yet. it may be easier for everyone to sned payment direct to my supplier via paypalor equivalent with discount code that they are getting for me.

That way i don't have to worry about not getting funds on time etc etc blah blah.

anyways, i'll pm each of you closer to the date and we'll sort it all out.

in the mean time.....come on folks, you know you want one of these :winky: :whistling:

Good idea to send payment directly via a special code that applies to this offer. Would they be able to post out to us individually aswell or is it cheaper to get it sent to one location?

@LennyLexus, good man, name's added.

Shipping/Customs

The only slight issue i have is regarding customs charges. They can't 'under estimate' the cost of the item and it won't be labelled as a gift. so i guess there may be a customs charge. I don't know exactly how that works and how much it'll be, but it can't be a great deal to be honest.

My other idea was to have the covers all shipped to one UK address (mine i guess) and then i distribute them out accordingly. This way, we will save a packet on international shipping. BUT, i don't know how this'll work with customs....i.e i don't wanna get done with all of your customs bills!! :lol: :shutit: if anyone can advise about this then that'll help iron out the facts.

so the group buy seems to be getting some good numbers. lets keep it up!!

I have one of these, I bought it last year from Sewells for about 190 quid delivered. Great for protecting the car. They don't come with a pouch for the antenna, so I just unscrew mine and stick it in the boot.

Beware of customs, I had a letter about a week after delivery with a customs invoice inside. Apart from that I was please with the price, but if I had known I was going to get a 65 quid (I am sure that was the amount) bill I probably wouldnt have bothered.

Hi Robin,

You were interested in one from a group buy that mike morse was trying to set up a year or so ago IIRC? Wasn't he wanting £250 odd per unit :shutit:

yeah I had spoke to mike about this a few years back but there didn't seem to be the interest to get a group buy going. I think he was talking abot £250 a unit, so that why I jumped on this 1 :D

Hi Robin,

yeah I had spoke to mike about this a few years back but there didn't seem to be the interest to get a group buy going. I think he was talking abot £250 a unit, so that why I jumped on this 1 :D

yea, i found the thread. about £250 per cover!!!!

Anyone got any concrete'ish figures for what customs are likely to want to hammer people for? £65 as mentioned by jiberjaber seems a tad steep and is a big downer if a bill that big came through :crybaby:

from what the supplier has told me, previous buyers have paid anything from nothing to £45 in customs fees.

so based on that, i don't think it'll be too bad matey

I'll check the invoice when I get in to the office in the morning, the supplier will only know what purchasers have told him if they have bothered to inform him. It definatly ended in a five and I dont think it was as low as 45 but like I said, I will check in the morning as it was nearly a year ago :)

well the commodity code as suggested eralier shows 5.5% duty plus VAT, so that's a top end of $48.

ot shouldn't be anymore than that. I havre spoken to several people about this and they all say the same.

in your case jiberjaber, the wrong commodity code or overestimation of the price may have resulted in higher customs charges (no doubt you didn't get it for $212).

i'm fairly confident i'm right on this, but will call TCS (tariff classification servie) tomorrow for anyone overly concerned.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links