Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sport Lower Ball Joint Replacement...

well i have just had both lower ball joints replaced by lexus Sidcup (formerly bromley) whilst having my accelerator sensor replaced..

After spending a good 200 miles in the car its very apparent that something has changed with regards to the steering wheel position.. basicaly to drive in a straight line you have to turn the wheel to the right about 5 degrees.

Just got off the phone with the lady on servicing at lexus bromley who told me that we dont touch the tie rods on ball joint replacements... to which i asked her if they actualy check to ensure that all suspension component replacements are checked for alignment after work is competed on overly worn parts. she started getting all snotty with me telling me i dont know about cars????

Car should be going to them on monday (will have to loose if for a day!).

I personaly think its very concevable that the previous owners had alignment done when the bushes were worn which when the new parts were fitted caused it to come out of alignment.

To be honest i wish christopher was able to take the call, as so far i felt like i was being dealt with by a BMW dealer and not lexus when sophie or what ever her name is deals with calls.

Do i just take it to an alignment centre and have the problem rectified this week or spend another 400 miles with ******* steering and have lexus find a way to weedle out and charge me tripple what a local centre would do it for?

Its really not been that good so far in my experience with sidcup, christopher is very good at smothing over the problems... but there shouldnt have been any problems in the first place, so several letdowns on car return date combined with having my car returned covered in greasy oily hand prints and un valeted (even though they claimed the extra waiting time was due to valeting?????) not looking too good for a new dealership

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. When I got my lower ball joints changed on the GS, the guy told me that they will try and mark everything up, so that it all goes back in the same position. However, ideally, any suspension components that get replaced warrant getting the alignment/geometry checked out.

Fight your corner mate, it totally upsets me when you pick a car up from a dealer, they are supposed to have checked it prior to giving it back to you, and it's got problems that a monkey could have spotted.

well i have just had both lower ball joints replaced by lexus Sidcup (formerly bromley) whilst having my accelerator sensor replaced..

After spending a good 200 miles in the car its very apparent that something has changed with regards to the steering wheel position.. basicaly to drive in a straight line you have to turn the wheel to the right about 5 degrees.

Just got off the phone with the lady on servicing at lexus bromley who told me that we dont touch the tie rods on ball joint replacements... to which i asked her if they actualy check to ensure that all suspension component replacements are checked for alignment after work is competed on overly worn parts. she started getting all snotty with me telling me i dont know about cars????

Car should be going to them on monday (will have to loose if for a day!).

I personaly think its very concevable that the previous owners had alignment done when the bushes were worn which when the new parts were fitted caused it to come out of alignment.

To be honest i wish christopher was able to take the call, as so far i felt like i was being dealt with by a BMW dealer and not lexus when sophie or what ever her name is deals with calls.

Do i just take it to an alignment centre and have the problem rectified this week or spend another 400 miles with ******* steering and have lexus find a way to weedle out and charge me tripple what a local centre would do it for?

Its really not been that good so far in my experience with sidcup, christopher is very good at smothing over the problems... but there shouldnt have been any problems in the first place, so several letdowns on car return date combined with having my car returned covered in greasy oily hand prints and un valeted (even though they claimed the extra waiting time was due to valeting?????) not looking too good for a new dealership

Hi,she might be right,coz i had the same problem the minute i changed the lower ball joint :blush: maybe the alignment was set with the worn joints,but saying that ,they should have road tested it,and made the ajustments.Yes take it back to them B)

not too sure if lexus have a quick look over this site or not, but i just got a call from lexus head office to see if i had any issues with lexus sidcup?

They definately feel that i have been mistreated with regards to this and are dealing with the dealership at the moment.

am awaiting a call back

not too sure if lexus have a quick look over this site or not, but i just got a call from lexus head office to see if i had any issues with lexus sidcup?

They definately feel that i have been mistreated with regards to this and are dealing with the dealership at the moment.

am awaiting a call back

Great news. Hope LOC helped in some way!!

just had a snotty call from the service individual stacy/sophie/something to say i cant have a hire car unless someone drops out... obviously lexus gb said something to her that she didnt like.. not sure if its resolved anything though.

just had a snotty call from the service individual stacy/sophie/something to say i cant have a hire car unless someone drops out... obviously lexus gb said something to her that she didnt like.. not sure if its resolved anything though.

Speak to Lexus GB directly again mate. Given the hastle you've gone through, they should just take a car from the sales area if all the others are taken.

Speak to Lexus GB directly again mate. Given the hastle you've gone through, they should just take a car from the sales area if all the others are taken.

exactly, given the fact all i want them to do is align the steering i cant see why they want the car for a full day? in at 8am and back at 5.30pm...

Have left a message for lexus gb to call back

exactly, given the fact all i want them to do is align the steering i cant see why they want the car for a full day? in at 8am and back at 5.30pm...

Have left a message for lexus gb to call back

Hopefully they'll realise there mistake and pull there finger out. Else there bound to lose further business with the reach LOC has. :whistling:

is a shame really, am seriously considering getting a RX300/400 next year or a newer GS430/450 if things keep on the line they are on now.

Think it might be cantebury that get the sale though...

Maybe but as the Models get older you get pushed down the chain as they want to look after the owners of the new models, you become a 2nd class citizen and your problems are insignificant.

I got a brand spanking new IS250MM for the day when my 1996 GS was in for a geo setup a few weeks back. Didn't like it particularly which was a bit of a bonus really as it meant I was glad to get my old banger back :shifty:

...... you become a 2nd class citizen and your problems are insignificant.

I have never been treated that way either at Lexus Sidcup, or when they were formerly Lexus Bromley.

... cant have a hire car unless someone drops out...

The reason they may well have not had a loan car is they get booked out a couple of weeks beforehand,

hence why Chris was told one was not available unless a customer dropped out.

When work has been done on very short notice I have also gone without a loan car, but when booking my car

in for sheduled word in advance, one has always been available (IS250 Sport MM, GS450h)

I hope you get this sorted soon Chris.

Oh and the ladies name is Stacie btw.

£170 each, so £340 total + one large headache

A lot of cash matey! I paid 50 quid for a pair of brand new genuine Lexus GS balljoints and had them shipped over from America for 15 quid! I bought em off a member of ClubLexus. You obviously got money to burn!

...... you become a 2nd class citizen and your problems are insignificant.

I have never been treated that way either at Lexus Sidcup, or when they were formerly Lexus Bromley.

... cant have a hire car unless someone drops out...

The reason they may well have not had a loan car is they get booked out a couple of weeks beforehand,

hence why Chris was told one was not available unless a customer dropped out.

When work has been done on very short notice I have also gone without a loan car, but when booking my car

in for sheduled word in advance, one has always been available (IS250 Sport MM, GS450h)

I hope you get this sorted soon Chris.

Oh and the ladies name is Stacie btw.

It twas lexus GB that offered me the hire car... to which i obviously said well ok then! not directly to sidcup...

Wozza im assuming you sent christopher the link to this post? but either way it was nice to get an email diretly from christopher :winky:

Wozza im assuming you sent christopher the link to this post? but either way it was nice to get an email diretly from christopher :winky:

Twas me infact, I hope the reply was good! :whistling:

Well thank you... i think... can i ask why?

Wozza i apologise :tomato:

Either way i have made my points very clear and also copied in David Minto and Stacie Ormes so that nobody feels left out

Either way i have made my points very clear and also copied in David Minto and Stacie Ormes so that nobody feels left out

Sure, I've dealt with the dealership before and previously mentioned LOC for future reference. They just brushed off the forum and gave the impression they were above it all and this had no impact (previous members experiences of how other dealerships have managed to resolve issues).

A link to the forum/post proved my point that we have further reach and a bigger say than some dealers think.

Sure, I've dealt with the dealership before and previously mentioned LOC for future reference. They just brushed off the forum and gave the impression they were above it all and this had no impact (previous members experiences of how other dealerships have managed to resolve issues).

A link to the forum/post proved my point that we have further reach and a bigger say than some dealers think.

That certainly is fair enough, i have no doubt that people who are not involved with ownersclubs under-estimate the kind of communal influence they have.

Just look at the trade that chris.s brought to his dealership through continued excelence and serivce.

I know i have a sledgehammer/blunt as fook approach to things but hey, if i try and say things nicely they come out wrong and get misconstrued, if i say things horribly the same things happen. Either way i wont gloss over things i feel are important.