Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got a letter this week that Lexus is recalling all IS 220d now also in Sweden. It said nothing about fueleconomy but something about a warning lamp that might go on...

I will contact the dealer tomorrow if they´re open. Today is national holiday day.

/jalfa

any further news regarding this?

I had a call from my local dealer yesterday apparently theres a letter coming out to me as well.

I recall when I first got the car 2 years ago there was talk of 5th injector mods and I'm sure my car had this.

Is this the same issue?

as I say car now 2 years old, I do combined driving/roads and still only getting 36mpg (is220d) :(

Hello, My car has gone in for the recall and I have seen a noticeable difference in fuel consumption. On average I now seem to be getting 5 - 8 mpg more than previously.

The drop in economy was something I had noticed, but never got around to speaking to the dealer about.

Mine went in for its 5th injector recall last week. Car is much smoother and responsive than before, but haven't noticed any improvement in fuel consumption and still getting 32-33mpg albeit mainly on 10 mile each way commutes. But I did get £40 of diesel and 2 bottles of wine and a loan car. Also went in to check for a rattle in the back door, but has to go in again for 2 days for the dash rattle that I can't hear although the door rattle is still there. I am assuming they will fix that at the same time. I have also noticed my wheels are starting to bubble close to the centres so they can check that out as well.

I'd agree with Valley Boy - my recall was done today and car feels smoother, can't quite put my finger on it but there is definitely a difference

My MPG wasn't too bad prior to the recall to be honest, low to mid 40mpg each and every tank so any improvement will be added benefit

Also got the 2 bottles of wine which is a very nice touch

• 2 weeks later...

My IS220d broke down last week due to the 'Check VSC' problem. Even restarting it would result in about a minutes drive before I'd lose power. Had it towed in, and they rang me the next day and told me about the 5th injector recall. Picked it up yesterday and got my wine and free bit of fuel. I've had this car for 18months and the best mpg I got was around 40mpg, with recent averages at 37mpg (35mile motorway commute each way). It does seem less thirsty after the recall.

Did you guys get a letter from Lexus or Dealer for the Recall? or you just ask your own dealer about it? as i didnt get a letter upto now about this recall....???? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Did you guys get a letter from Lexus or Dealer for the Recall? or you just ask your own dealer about it? as i didnt get a letter upto now about this recall....???? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I got a letter from Lexus GB - about a week after I'd had the recall work done when the car was in the garage anyway!

I only got the wine, no fuel for me...... :crybaby:

Had mine done got £40 free diesel and two bottles of Wine Red/White in Lexus compliments box

had work done during purchasing the car from Stratstone (non Lexus dealer) as i called Lexus Birmingham

to see if it needed doing. So Stratstone droped it to them for me (nice People)

after just 1 month driving i have a Tank AVG of around 43-44MPG and my AVG is at 40MPG and climbing

which i am happy with as i had a IS200 before and got about 25-29 MPG

Matt

having mine done on the 17th with the service,slightly off topic but,i took the kids to london last sunday and on the return m1 journey after the road works i got to 70 in 6th with cruise on,70 miles later avg says 54mpg.what about that.

having mine done on the 17th with the service,slightly off topic but,i took the kids to london last sunday and on the return m1 journey after the road works i got to 70 in 6th with cruise on,70 miles later avg says 54mpg.what about that.

He'll be along in a minute... :whistling: