Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Value For Money 220d Vs 250 After New Vrt In Ireland

Can I ask anyone who has an interest what they would now buy after the the new VRT changes here in Ireland and maybe down the road in the UK.

I am well aware that the 250 Auto MM is the best car to buy as a car, but that will now cost €53000 for the base model

Whereas the 220d Executive MM will only cost me € 48000 and the base with MM will only cost € 44385 which is nearly €10,000 cheaper than the 250 . What do you think?

Blimey, that is a big difference! So there's a difference of over €10000 between the 220d and 250 now?

Only over here, plus the road tax for one year for the 220d is only €430 while its around the €1,000 for a new 250 auto as we are going emmissions based on everything instead of doing the sensible thing of putting the taxes on the petrol/diesel.

lexuspricingjulyge5.jpg

Anyone who bought an IS220D last year will be fairly ****** off that a new one is 6000 cheaper and 300+ less in road tax..... This will also make a big hit on secondhand prices will have to drop by 8-9000 just to sell and they'll be in the old tax of 790 so less attractive as well...... i'd be disgusted

alot of cars will die out altogether... like above IS250 manual old road tax..... price goes up 5400 and road tax increase's to 2000 .... :(

lexuspricingjulyge5.jpg

Anyone who bought an IS220D last year will be fairly ****** off that a new one is 6000 cheaper and 300+ less in road tax..... This will also make a big hit on secondhand prices will have to drop by 8-9000 just to sell and they'll be in the old tax of 790 so less attractive as well...... i'd be disgusted

alot of cars will die out altogether... like above IS250 manual old road tax..... price goes up 5400 and road tax increase's to 2000 .... :(

I bet it's a long time since anyone here has seen an Automatic €5000 cheaper then a manual.

Sick as a parrot guys and gals :crying:

My car cost me approx €51000 two years ago this month , because of this new VRT thing got offered €27000 on a trade in on a new 220d. Would have got less on a different make. So im dropping €24000 in two years. I know the new one is only costing me €44000 so I only have to come up with €18000 but its still a sickener.

New one due in four months ( black with MM, cant do without the reversing camera), I hope they have fixed the bad bits.

Got black because I dont want to pay €1000 for a gallon of paint that I will get zilch back for.

Now I have a reason for really hateing the tree huggers, cant wait until the next election.

Because of the high emmissions of the 250 manual ( approx 240gm etc) it is in the highest group which has an annual road tax of €2000 wheras the 250 auto at around 205gm is in the next group down and ONLY costs €1000 per year to tax.

The 220d comes in at 168gms with a yearly road tax of €430 per year. This is only for new cars purchased after July 1st this year. All older cars will continue to be taxed on the engine size for the lifetime of the car. So you can have two identical cars with the same emmissions sitting at the lights together and because one is older the owner is paying almost twice the road tax of the other even though it may be in better nick. Stupid innit, but thats politicians for you, not recognised by their brain cavity size but by their thick necks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links