Sign in to follow this  
aragosta

Idle Rpm For Is200

I just want to make sure... I have just installed a electronic multi-guage that reads the tachymeter from my ODBII port. I don't know if I'm sensitive but is 650 +/- rpm the normal idle rate for IS200? I get this even when my A/C and Lights are on. I do feelthe engine is abit rough and slight vibrations from the steering wheel during idling when I engage to "D".

I am driving a IS200 Yr2004 (Auto)

CAn someone advise?

I had my elm327 usb diagnostic tool plugged in yesterday and mine was idling at 657rpm which i thought was a bit low to be honest, but seems to run very well?

Mines an IS200 Sport ,manual on a YR,2000 so not sure if its the same on the auto box version? :D

I was reading through some of the postings and remembered some thread comments about it being 700-900 region?Hmm... lets see if there are others that has a different idling rpm.

:shifty:

Anyone else care to share :question:

I just want to make sure... I have just installed a electronic multi-guage that reads the tachymeter from my ODBII port. I don't know if I'm sensitive but is 650 +/- rpm the normal idle rate for IS200? I get this even when my A/C and Lights are on. I do feelthe engine is abit rough and slight vibrations from the steering wheel during idling when I engage to "D".

I am driving a IS200 Yr2004 (Auto)

CAn someone advise?

Mine too, idle in "N" it's 650rpm+- when I engage to "D" down to 590rpm+- so feel the engine is a bit rough and slight vibrations,

but when the light or other electric charge it's turn on then keeps the correct idle speed 650+- even when engage "D"

It is very annoying but the dealer told me his favorite phrase "It's absolutly normal". He told me about the idle speed control and don't can be modify, it's full controlled by the ecu.

The correct idle speed it's 650 rpm+-50...

http://www.bahamutcars.com/workshop/IS_98-...e/m_em_0017.pdf

Or 750 rpm+-50 in the auto?

http://www.bahamutcars.com/workshop/IS_98-...e/m_ss_0028.pdf

Long time ago I'm thinking on this issue and I would like to raise some 50 rpm the idle speed but I can't find the solution, perhaps install 3 webber carburetor

webx1.jpg

:whistling: