Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:: Japan North 2008 @ Haigh Hall In Wigan ::

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Woah yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live 10 mins from Haigh Hall and this sounds great. See you there :)

My car is very standard though so it wouldn't be right to park it on show or anything - I'll just turn up and say hello!

Afternoon everyone,

Tickets for the show's raffle can now be purchased online through the PayPal system BUT it has been setup so that you do not need to register with PayPal if you do not wish to!

http://www.japannorth.co.uk/raffle.html

Please note that these tickets are limited and once they are gone - they will not be extended.

Tickets can be posted, or alternatively collected on the day.

All the best,

Jamie

do we just turn up and say we are om display or what

Hi Chris,

You will be asked for club details at the entrance gates to the venue which will correspond to a list provided to marshalls.

can i come please? :rolleyes:

neil griffiths

iceman67

is200 sport

Hi Neil - consider yourself added... Thanks.

Jamie

NOTICE

Evening all, due to an overwhelming response, I will need to know by tonight / first thing tomorrow morning any additional attendees.

From 11:00am tomorrow morning (Sunday 10th August), the event will close to applicants for stand entries.

All the best and thanks,

Jamie

Japan North Founder & Organiser

Sorry for not replying sooner Jamie.

Basically about two days after I saw the thread and posted about coming along, work told me I needed to be in on the Sunday of the show, but I wasn't told when and for how long. This has been the case until today when they cancelled it!!! So I will now be coming along.

I think bearing in mind it's short notice I'll just come along as a visitor now.

Look forward to meeting folks on Sunday :)

Good evening all,

Please read the following few items...

I have just secured the lovely new Nissan GTR Premium Model for the show, so that will be on display (providing that the documentation is sorted by tomorrow).

NissanGTRPrem.png

========================

Samco Sport have donated a silicone engine hose kit to the raffle thanks to Demon Tweeks. This will be for the winner's vehicle of choice.

========================

When attending the day the Marshals will request specific information from you, of which I have already.

I will be posting maps and entrance information on the forum shortly.

::: RULES & GUIDELINES :::

Times:

Entry to the venue for owners clubs and companies will begin at 07:30AM and end promptly at 09:30AM. Cars after this time will not be able to access the stands for their clubs.

This is according to Haigh Hall Country Park's Health & Safety Regulations, as the venue is open to the public and so we must gather and arrange all cars by 09:30AM in preparation for opening.

The event will officially be open from 10:00AM to the public and this is when all cars will be in situe by.

The event will be closing at 16:00 and all cars MUST be cleared by 18:00.

Rubbish:

Basically, I have been told that if any rubbish is left at the end of the day, it will be picked by the park rangers and there WILL BE A CHARGE FOR THIS.

PLEASE collect ALL your rubbish, it's not a large favour to ask and this all contributes to being able to use the venue next time around.

If rubbish is left, the charge incurred will have to be passed onto your club.

Marshals:

Marshals will be located at the entrance to Haigh Country Park, along the driveway to Haigh Hall and at the event site to control and assist with parking of exhibition vehicles. Please conform to their directions.

Drivers are cautioned not to exceed 10MPH whilst you are within the grounds of Haigh Hall.

On arrival at the event site, your vehcile will be checked off from a list, according to your FORUM NAME, CLUB NAME AND REGISTRATION PLATE NUMBER.

The Day:

Should there be a need for a vehicle to be moved during the event, you MUST seek the assistance of one of the event marshals. Should you refuse to wait for assistance prior to moving the vehicle, a signature will be required on the Health and Safety Waiver Form and the matter reported to Event Control, along with your vehicle details.

Everyone should be aware of Health & Safety issues and bring any concerns to the attention of the event organisers, which may be found at the main Japan North Stand and also wearing high visibility vests.

At the end of the day, the event marshals will supervise the orderly exit of exhibitors from Haigh Hall Country Park.

Please note: All members that have voiced interest in attending the day have been compiled into a list. This list will be passed onto event marshals, who will ensure that only cars belonging to members of the list may enter the venue for display on their club stand.

Above all, have a safe and enjoyable day and I look forward to meeting you all at the second Japan North Car Show!

::: Maps & Recommendations :::

Good evening all,

Below you will find the map outlining the entry points for the venue.

Key:

Red Dot - Indicates entry point for vehicles unaffected by ramps

Blue Dot - Indicates entry point for low vehicles

Green Dot - Indicates entry point for very low vehicles

Orange Dot - Indicates entry point to the showground

Purple Line - Indicates roads leading to Haigh Hall Venue

MapOverviewEntryLocations.jpg

For those not attending with an owners club, or who are not on a club stand, there is plenty parking available and you will be directed towards this on arrival.

If attending as part of a club and with a stand, then you will be asked for the appropriate details, which will correspond to a predefined list.

::: Cleaning - Get Your Car Looking Spot On! :::

WaterTap.pngSponge.png

Get Sponging:

Plenty of owners and stand exhibitions spend the time cleaning their vehicles on the days before the show, but if you would like to give your car that last shine, then there is a water tap on site for you to use - just remember to bring those sponges!

There will be lots of photographs taken on the day, many of which will be submitted to the various car magazines for the aftershow article, including Banzai, Japanese Performance and Max Power.

Get those wheels shiny and get that bodywork polished! :)

Competitions:

There are awards available on the day for both Best I.C.E. and Show & Shine.

You can collect the entry forms from the Japan North Stand on the day and there is no fee to enter.

Food Court:

At Japan North 2008, we have a food court available, so there will be something to munch down on when you're a tad peckish!

Vehicle Forms:

Just a quick reminder to get those forms downloaded and displayed in your window, which are available towards the end of this thread.

::: Cleaning - Get Your Car Looking Spot On! :::

WaterTap.pngSponge.png

Get Sponging:

Plenty of owners and stand exhibitions spend the time cleaning their vehicles on the days before the show, but if you would like to give your car that last shine, then there is a water tap on site for you to use - just remember to bring those sponges!

There will be lots of photographs taken on the day, many of which will be submitted to the various car magazines for the aftershow article, including Banzai, Japanese Performance and Max Power.

Get those wheels shiny and get that bodywork polished! :)

Competitions:

There are awards available on the day for both Best I.C.E. and Show & Shine.

You can collect the entry forms from the Japan North Stand on the day and there is no fee to enter.

Food Court:

At Japan North 2008, we have a food court available, so there will be something to munch down on when you're a tad peckish!

Vehicle Forms:

Just a quick reminder to get those forms downloaded and displayed in your window, which are available towards the end of this thread.

All the best,

Jamie Rigby

Sorry but I NEVER use a sponge, it scratches the paint! I think we'll all need to clean when we get to the site if this rain keeps up. See you tomorrow, Paul

Well Overall it was a good day here. Plenty of Attendees in total and about 9 cars from LOC.

We were outshone by the Scooby club though as they were overly organised.

Sun and showers thoughout the day but a good time was had.

Chris Aztec took hundreds of photo's including one of and LOC member we never expected to turn up in his old Honda. ;)

So i'll leave him to put them up.

Stav