Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The End Of My Is

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my is aswell but i had no one to claim off was my fault (country road). There was other people in the car aswell, but just as long as everyone is ok the car does'nt matter, it can be replaced.

Here's a pic of her,

spa00012es5.jpg

spa00012es5.b52f22deb7.jpg

spa00020012od6.jpg

spa00020012od6.55da33e131.jpg

Was the main impact towards the back? which would mean that the force would have knocked you sideways instead of head-on. Im impressed how the lexus has held together after an impact from a 80mph car, it must have just skimmed you at that speed. But gutted for you and your car as you must have looked after it well and is a shame it ended like this, but these things can happen at anytime we are on the road. On a different note, are you allowed to take anything off the car as on paper the car now belongs to the insurance company surely? And how do the insurance work out how much the car is worth?Do they give you what the amount your car was insured for or do they gather the info on the year of car, milage, parts fitted etc? But anyway, don't think about the settlement too much, it's only money, your health is alot more important and you did have a lucky escape! Good luck fella!

he'll be getting done for dangerous driving as I'm assuming he was well over the speed limit!

2 quick questions....

What was the speed limit on the road matey ?

What on earth kind of excuse did he come up with as to why he hit you at that speed ?

I am happy your injuries are minor, as many have said... cars can be replaced, people can't.

That does kinda miss the point though IMO as you could easily have been killed, and instead

of talking about your next car, we were talking about a LOC members Funeral.

I'm sorry but this driver behaving like a fool (or whatever he was doing) should be at least prosecuted for

wreckless or dangerous driving.

I hope you get well soon, and the drivers mum gives him a bitch slap. :angry:

No one wants to read this type of thread....... We are collectively so pleased you are ok and collectively gutted for the sad demise of the car.

This is one of those moments in life where you can appreciate how fragile life is...... A few nightmare nights to come but most importantly in the morning when they have gone..... You haven't.

Speed limit on the road is 50mph, A couple stopped and gave me their details because they said he had over taken them driving like a manic so i have passed their details to the police,hopefully he'll get whats coming to him!!! (probably not the right attitude to have really) There were no street lights on the road either and his excuse was "I came round the bend saw all these lights and didn't know what was going on", Went back to the site of the accident in daylight and there are no skid marks on the road so either he's not been paying attention showing off to his mates or he's been going that fast he hasn't had time to react.

He did hit me on the back corner so it did push me off the raod through a small wall and up a verge.

Feeling worse today too got some back and chest pain think i'll go to the doctors again.

10062008149.jpg

as you can see he hit me hard enough to break a wheel, the bit missing ended up about 10 meters further down the road

10062008146.jpg

This is the golf that hit me doesn't look too bad until you realise that the wheel is pushed to the back of the wheelarch and until you look at the fold in the rear quarter.

10062008150.jpg

this is the damage caused when he bounced onto the other side of the road and hit the other car.

spoke to my insurance company and they have said that they will repair mine to which i replied when you send your assesor(sp?) out I think he'll decide its not worth repairing because its bent in the middle to which the reply was "oh"

I think to be honest they just have to say that because of procedure though, needless to say i'll be going for the insured value plus the cost of thee HKS suspension and 18" wheels.

To be honest mate I always thought that in cases such as these you only got back the insured value of the car - you don't get back the cost of the modifications that have been made on top?

Like I say I'm not 100% but I'm sorry if I'm the bearer of more bad news for you..

And also - don't apologise for saying you hope he gets what's coming to him - driving like that around parked cars and traffic is asking for trouble and he deserves what he gets - I think I'm getting too old :o

To be honest mate I always thought that in cases such as these you only got back the insured value of the car - you don't get back the cost of the modifications that have been made on top?

Like I say I'm not 100% but I'm sorry if I'm the bearer of more bad news for you..

And also - don't apologise for saying you hope he gets what's coming to him - driving like that around parked cars and traffic is asking for trouble and he deserves what he gets - I think I'm getting too old :o

:offtopic: but good to see you back buddy.

Anyway I agree with you Aido, most insurance will not cover the cost of replacing mods.

My insurance does, in the event of an accident they would replace like for like!

dont know if they would do the same if its written off..........I think it might just be!

Just got my hire car too, an 07 plate is220d, My god its smooooooooooth

The bottom line is he hit you, you never asked to get hit or have your car smashed into a million peices.

the should pay for your incovienience, what ever there first offer is if you are not happy with it tell them to stuff it and dispute it till you are blue in the face.

i had an incident where some one smashed up my car and i had new BK299 alloys on the car and the only offered me the value of the car standard, i turn round and said the same i did not ask to get hit or have my new wheels smashed up. if i insured it and did not declare the mods the fair enough but it is not my insurnce it is his so they should have to pay for what ever i have stuck to the car, if they don;t like it twell them to inform there customer to not samsh into modified cars or learn to drive.

you never asked to be hit a complete :tsktsk: driving like a :tsktsk:.

Rant over .....good to hear you are in one peice mate, time to move on to the next project is250/is350 would be a good start me thinks :winky:

thats some serious damage to all cars lets hope and i do mean hope that he didnt fully own the car and will still be paying for his stupidit for the next few years not 2 mention a ban for dangeruos drivind wrekless endangerment ooh and my favourite excesive speed honestly some people

As it is not your insurance company, you have no agreement with them, therefore no conditions to what they will pay out on. You should, though i am no expert, be able to claim back for all damage. However be prepared to get "well we will pay for the cost of either the stock or modified suspension" therefore payout will quite likely be the same as generally aftermarket parts are cheaper than the lexus retail price for stock parts. Unfortuantely you probably won't be able to claim for the value of the car (inc. stock suspension & wheels) + modified suspension & wheels.

Do you have 'legal expenses' as an add on to your policy? Cos that is what you would use to cover the cost of the fight for the value of any mods etc. It covers what they call 'uninsured losses' as far as I know. Hopefully the threat of such legal action would make the other insurers cough up anyway, as presumably there is no way out for their driver and they would end up paying out plus for any court action, so might as well just pay out asap...

My insurance company always state that they will only pay for the car to be put back to its original state as defined by the manufacturer. But I know people who have informed the insurance company that their modified parts are cheaper than the OEM ones so the insurance company have paid for those instead.

I'm with adrian flux too and was told they would replace like for like on parts, i do have legal expenses cover up to £50k and i have the prices for all the mods, like people have said I didnt get asked to be hit by someone and as far as i'm concered they should pay out the insured value so i'll be turning down any offer until they come up with 1 that is satisfactory, (so far the mods come to £2481 for the HKS suspension and the wheels centre caps and wheelnuts)

• 2 months later...

sorry to hear about this m8 but please do not accept the insurance comp 1st offer thay make you for the cost of the car.

as this will be there lowest offer which will be bottom book price hold out for what your car is worth i have had to do this twice and thay will always come back with a better offer

Ooeer that looks dead , main thing is your not ! what was the twot doing ? driving with his eyes shut ?

I know that pain in your neck , rocks and down the arms is a nightmare it can last for months , get that brace on your Gregory and make this mug pay , all I can say is thank God no-one was killed , shame about the Lex tho , looks like a nice on prior to the golf , hang in there with that pain and dont twist too much coz your Cilla hurts too doesn't it ??

Regards

Paul.