Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 Mtr Of Water

I meant "NOT WATERPROOF" !!

I just wanted to share my experience before Christmas last year. This picture do not show the highest level of the water, but it seems bad enough. This happened just 1,5 week after I bought it :( . I woke up when it was raining as h.. but it was then too late. 25 cars were more or less wracked !!My dream went totally destroyed. The insurance company used 3 months to finally get an overview of the damages and the costs for bringing it back to live

( Aprx. £ 14.000,-)

oversv_mmelse_69798b.jpg

Small picture, sorry!

However, I refused to get it back and some carcompany bought it. Lucky me! Got my money back and I got me a new dried one at the end, 4 months after the accident. Happy ending after all but I hope that no one get into the same happening ever!

Phew! Glad you eventually got it sorted.

There's another thread regarding a "swimming pool in the boot".

You clearly had a boot in a swimming pool :(

I trust you now have a dry IS, tell us more...

Nige

It was heavy rainfall. I think it rained about 40mm in 4-5 hours that night and flooded most of the parkingplace.

Most of the electric systems where damaged, Airbags, radio/CD, GPSnav, Fuseboxes were melted. The carpets and seats where soaked in Mud and water and it didn't smell good at all. As you see, the trunk was automaticly opened as a result of the "blackout" When I was putting the key in the car, even all windows opened and I couldn't get the closed again.

I think the car now is on the road again. Some guy at a carcompany have managed to get it working again. When you think of all the electrical systems in that car, you'll never know if everything is working at all times. I never think the car can be 100% perfect as it was before the incident.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links