Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Pressure Port?

Either on the compressor manifold or if you follow the suction line from the compressor to the bulkhead and you will find it, from memory it is quite low down and a bit of a trick to reach..... You will be be using a vacuum pump won't you?

Where is the low side pressure port located on a '03 IS300?

I need to give my AC a charge but want to be sure I have the right spot before touching anything

Cheers

hope ur not using one of the sh!te cans out of Halfords etc to charge the air con system are you

Where is the low side pressure port located on a '03 IS300?

I need to give my AC a charge but want to be sure I have the right spot before touching anything

Cheers

hope ur not using one of the sh!te cans out of Halfords etc to charge the air con system are you

i picked up a can from pepboys yeah.

the only thing i could find is a port with a green twist top on it, it looks like it may be it but im not sure :duh:

Yep Rob... He's using a death kit..

SDK.... Yep its got a greeny blue (I'm colourblind) cap on it... It may even have an "L" on it as opposed to "H" for the High side service port....

Tim at Arizona air can help you with the kit you need to do the job right... He can supply you a new compressor if you don't.

SDK.... Yep its got a greeny blue (I'm colourblind) cap on it... It may even have an "L" on it as opposed to "H" for the High side service port....

Tim at Arizona air can help you with the kit you need to do the job right... He can supply you a new compressor if you don't.

is the "death kit" not recommended or not doable for an IS? I don't put many miles on the car at all, and just need some cool air for the summer time.

i found the "H" port no problem, but can't seem to locate the low side. any help on where its located?

ok i found it.. but decided i'm going to take it to the dealership. i'm a PC guy not a engine monkey, my investment (or body parts) aren't worth the $200 or so the shop will charge me to do it right. i need some minor tuning work anyway. thanks for the help guys

If your system is not running at all, then you may well have lost your charge through a leak in which case you will need to repair the leak before you charge the system... Also the use of death kits (As your countrymen call them) means that there may be air in the system or the act of charging the system will introduce air to the system.

Air in your ac system is not good as it does not compress and condense like refrigerant does, this causes the system pressures to be higher, which does put an considerable strain on the compressor, speeding wear and premature failure, and also increasing your fuel consumption considerably for the return of inferior cooling.. Find a good independant ac shop as they are much more switched on to car aircon... you could ask for advice on who is good in your area Here

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links